What's new

In Iran, They Want Fun, Fun, Fun

Stupid westerners,they can only divide people in 2: Some are in love in western culture and democracy and sex and liberalism while some other are religious fanatics who blow themselves up randomly in streets.their mind can't process any more categories.

Stupid westerners,they can only divide people in 2: Some are in love in western culture and democracy and sex and liberalism while some other are religious fanatics who blow themselves up randomly in streets.their mind can't process any more categories.

This is true most people in all countries tend to lie somewhere between these two extremes .

Fun is overrated. Life is very short; we are all going to die and will be judged. An intelligent human being will not waste his life by pursuing fun and consider pursuing "fun" his main goal in life.

If enjoying life and serving society as well are not the main goals of life then what are ?

What you guys don't seem to understand is that loving western values doesn't mean loving USA or most western Euro nations. In fact it's the opposite. Me, PGK and maybe IranZamin don't consider ourselves muslims but we're the biggest defenders of Iran and are very against the US and its policies. Who says the US is a good democracy? It isn't.

Iranians in general are very liberal and open minded. That's why you don't see our religious folks blowing themselves up like other middle easterners. Our government is making a mistake by trying to enforce religous laws on Iranian citizens. This, IMO, will only hurt the regime. In time they will open up and liberalize their policies.

Now can someone tell me why Americans and Westerners are so interested in our affairs?

Iranian young people are tired of the heavy handed tactics of the Mullahs and basij. In fact it is driving them away from Islam into a more secular life. With some even converting to Christianity in growing numbers.

Iranian youth want fun. That does not mean they want democracy a la Iraq Libya style or Americans to steal Iranian oil and gas at low prices by regime change

I am sorry, did not mean to imply you were not American.

Dont lie Juice. I was very offended

These young people are Iran’s future, and they can be our allies. But while we have a strategy in nuclear negotiations, I’m not sure we in the West have a strategy for Iran itself.

See, this is the problem with Western mentality.

Just because they lead modern lifestyles and take on "Western" norms, it does not mean they are more "Western than Western".

The Japanese are progressive and lead "Western lifestyles", but does that mean they throw away the Japanese culture in order to be more "Western than Western"? No, it's stupid logic. Especially considering Iran has a rich cultural and historical heritage itself.

Western people really need to stop fantasizing that the world will follow their version of history only. It is partly for this reason that things go from bad to worse. Particularly in the post WWII age. It is not only boring, but just plain stupid.

As far as state religious enforcement goes, anyone with half a brain understands it doesn't work in the long term. It's simply not sustainable!

That's the reason why most Islamic political parties these days never lasted very long, let alone having any significant impact on society. The only ones who cry over that are the extremists, or the ones suffering from identity crisis.

America needs to stop being such an a$$, apologize to Iran, forget whatever happened and let everyone live in peace.

More pics of young people in Iran:

38094_451484322118_788567118_6063239_5624646_n.jpg

37470_10150243269380327_653110326_13957087_3043655_n.jpg

20573_1335139056766_1179771742_3106.jpg

40357_1588174823732_1216677864_1621154_7535089_n.jpg

5656_263636195202_570745202_8432526.jpg

31374_1403832510101_1661021587_968854_3628567_n.jpg

39717_418419315447_615195447_5300348_3415052_n.jpg

why do iranian girls use soo much makeup that it looks disgusting?

why do iranian girls use soo much makeup that it looks disgusting?

Because of Iran's strict Islamic policy. Thats also why nose jobs are popular within the Iranian youth. Because of the dress rules (headscarfs, no tight jeans/shirts, etc.) girls lay the accent on their face. Thats the only part of the body they can show and attract people. And then it quickly becomes exaggerated because girls like to have attention.

Western culture; hedonism and materialism.

We have hedonism in our Iranian culture. Especially if you look at some famous poets. In Achaemenid time you had the 'razm o bazm' culture, which means: fighting and feasting. And Hafez talked about the 'gol o mol' which means 'roses and wine'. Our culture was always quite hedonistic.

I've been to Iran, what Suranes is showing is pictures of youth in the higher class suburbs of Tehran. Go to the villages or other areas of the major cities where most people actually live and you'll see a very different picture.

I've been to Iran, what Suranes is showing is pictures of youth in the higher class suburbs of Tehran. Go to the villages or other areas of the major cities where most people actually live and you'll see a very different picture.

I hope you are right; I pity people who are westernized. As if being western or acting western should be the norm in the world. What nonsense.

LOL all the people in the Pics are the real loosers. What will they answer to allah in the day of judgment. We are only on this earth for a short while. The wests and islams view on life is the opposite. Both agree life is short but both conclude different things from it. Westerners will say life is short so have as much fun as you can get. Islam says life is short so fill it up with good deeds and actions.

When we all die and are in front of allah on the day of resurrection lets see who out of these 2 groups of people are on a better standing.

Back
Top Bottom