What's new

In Iran, They Want Fun, Fun, Fun

The ones you've seen are probably the ones who moved out after Shah of Iran period... Anyways, i wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them in their own country as generally there are every kinds of people.
false mate. Most Iranians outside the country moved out in the late 90s and 2000s actually. Iranians are liberal, whether they are practicing muslims or atheists. The Iranian regime wouldn't have half the opposition inside the country if it learned to respect this fact IMO. I'm not saying being Westernized is a positive. Absolutely not. The fact of the matter is that since the early 20th century till 1979, the Pahlavis were pushing Western way of life and ideals down the throat of people and to a large extent it got stuck. The fact that Iranians in general are more liberal than other people in the region also helped them.

btw according to a study I saw a few years ago, 3/5 of Iranian Americans consider themselves atheists, 1/5 agnostic and only 1/5 muslim!! I can't find the study now, but I honestly believe it. In our family, only my two grandmothers consider themselves muslims, the rest are all agnostic and atheists. I wish the Iranian regime would just tone down the shria law stuff. It would help their own cause. Right now it's only turning young people away from the religion.

The ones you've seen are probably the ones who moved out after Shah of Iran period... Anyways, i wouldn't be surprised to see a few of them in their own country as generally there are every kinds of people.

Some, yes. Others, no. Steve for example I knew in the early 2000's (yes, even after 9/11), and he had been here maybe 5 years.

I have heard figures as high as 50% of YOUNG IRANIANS drink alcohol and/or use Drugs. so please explain to me how this is a good thing ? It seems like this is a LOSER SOCIETY. We in the West are only too familiar with harmful effects of Drug Addiction and its cost to the Society.

Good Luck Iranians ? Your future is bright.:no::tdown:

I have heard figures as high as 50% of YOUNG IRANIANS drink alcohol and/or use Drugs. so please explain to me how this is a good thing ? It seems like this is a LOSER SOCIETY. We in the West are only too familiar with harmful effects of Drug Addiction and its cost to the Society.

If it's so awful, why are you here? (sometimes this feels like shooting fish in a barrel, are Americans the only ones who actually love their country enough to live in it?)

looks like you're ahead of the pack in drug use. So according to your made up figures (made up while you were high on the good stuff no doubt), half of young Iranians use drugs? This in a country where drug traffickers are executed?

What are you? Another wahabi with a shia/persian chip on his shoulder?

If it's so awful, why are you here? (sometimes this feels like shooting fish in a barrel, are Americans the only ones who actually love their country enough to live in it?)

I think you are confused. We are talking about the drug use in Iran, not the US.

looks like you're ahead of the pack in drug use. So according to your made up figures (made up while you were high on the good stuff no doubt), half of young Iranians use drugs? This in a country where drug traffickers are executed?

What are you? Another wahabi with a shia/persian chip on his shoulder?

I am not a Wahabi nor a Shia.

I believe use of Drugs is detrimental to any society.

In my country (US ) we put Drug Addicts like yourself in a Jail for a very long time.

In Iran, They Want Fun, Fun, Fun

By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF, June 20, 2012

One of the most pernicious misunderstandings in the West about Iranians is that they are dour religious fanatics.

Thanks to FREE western media.

in ksa people even cant go to any cinema or theater.and there is no place for women for having fun at all.
this is the real reason we call USA a real satan!

I think you are confused. We are talking about the drug use in Iran, not the US.

I am not a Wahabi nor a Shia.

I believe use of Drugs is detrimental to any society.

In my country (US ) we put Drug Addicts like yourself in a Jail for a very long time.

I am sorry, did not mean to imply you were not American.

You can see these types of parties even in Pakistan: :tdown:
125212334412520927181.jpg

n502634146_470125_6103.jpg

P.S I'm sure Egypt and Lebanon are also in the same boat.

There are Christian, Jewish and other minorities in Iran who has nothing to do with Islam, so the pictures in this thread are most probably of people from these minorities. Iranian Muslim youth are more into sports and other different kinds of fun, true and real fun, not fake one as on those pics, try it and see how you will feel afterwards; Shitty and full of regret, that is why alcohol is forbidden in Islam.
In every society you do find individuals with individual problems pushing them towards drugs prostitution or even crime, and if you follow the news you'll see the genuine effort put by the Iranian authorities to irradiate these social problems.

You can see these types of parties even in Pakistan: :tdown:
125212334412520927181.jpg

n502634146_470125_6103.jpg

P.S I'm sure Egypt and Lebanon are also in the same boat.

Well there are few inferiority-complex stricken people everywhere.... The "parties" as you're showing in the picture are BORING and LAME as hell , specially in Pakistan..Inferiority -complex stricken people will go "oh we had a 'party' tonight!" LOL......Actually, in Pakistan , basically , the "unpredictability" of your youth life is the REAL fun that I feel is really missing in the 'Western' teenager's life... In Pakistan , you don't know how your next day is gonna turn out ...here in the West...its all same routine...Five days work , 2 days weekend , shopping mall/parties....5 days work ....2 days weekend and so on ....

In Pakistan , I remember , we use to go to a teacher at evening for study (tuition) ... Many a times , we would be just sitting there studying and one of the guy would say "Sir , I am not feeling like studying today" ...and EVERYONE would go like "Yes , Yes , Yes , Same here ,Same here " ...and then we all will search our pockets...collect money..ask teacher to give us some money..and with all that money.. ...we used to bring something from the market...drinks...and we'd have a party RIGHT THERE out of NO WHERE :lol: ...... Or sometimes , just skipp tuition and go to the bazaars ..also sometimes , my father would caught me ..and I used to go like " F*cckkkkkkkkk! I am screwedddddd " ... The "fear" and "fun" factor really clicks in Pakistan ..... In the West , mmmmm not so much....

Plus : Anyone who has experienced "school life" both in the West and Pakistan can confirm that school life in Pakistan is WAY more harder but at the same time , WAYYYYYYYYYYY more fun and memorable ....

Dude , this thread is bringing all my memories from Pakistan :( lol....

But basically , young people have fun EVERYWHERE...but in different forms...etc ...

Back
Top Bottom