What's new

If and when war happens, China will take Arunachal Pradesh & Ladakh simultaneously: Pravin Sawhney

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Indian Defence analysts are seriously debating the front china will open first, is it going to be Taiwan or the LAC.

Not to mention the Siliguri corridor is back in limelight. According to one analyst.
" For now we need to focus on the immediate threat to the North East from Doklam and Arunachal Pradesh. Chinese incursions in Doklam threaten India's only land bridge to its North East via the Chicken Neck ".

1633703117510.png

Indian Defence analysts are seriously debating the front china will open first, is it going to be Taiwan or the LAC.

Not to mention the Siliguri corridor is back in limelight. According to one analyst.
" For now we need to focus on the immediate threat to the North East from Doklam and Arunachal Pradesh. Chinese incursions in Doklam threaten India's only land bridge to its North East via the Chicken Neck ".

View attachment 783006
No.actually whole world belongs to China.We should give them our total land mass as well as Indian Ocean.All the countries should freely hand over their land to them.They will rule and we will enjoy. :taz:

Am I the only one who thinks if push comes to shove

India won't fight? (As in they might have some troops stationed there but they won't fight to the bitter end to defend these territories with all the they have got- thier.AF, missiles, artillery, armor)

Like my feeling is they'll have most of their fighting forces at Pak border and China with a sneak attack would take all these territories in week or 2 max

They need 90% of their focus on China rn tbh - in term of their doctrine, military position, hardware etc

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks if push comes to shove

India won't fight? (As in they might have some troops stationed there but they won't fight to the bitter end to defend these territories with all the they have got- thier.AF, missiles, artillery, armor)

Like my feeling is they'll have most of their fighting forces at Pak border and China with a sneak attack would take all these territories in week or 2 max

They need 90% of their focus on China rn tbh - in term of their doctrine, military position, hardware etc
India will most definitely fight. Indian military is professional enough to not run away. But it is not equipped adequately to parry the Chinese advance. In all likelihood India will not be able to hold territory unless there is direct outside help.

Pravin Sawhney is an anti Modi, anti Hindutva Desh Drohi... :lol: and a pro Congress person. :p:

What if China takes Arunachal Pradesh first and then the war happens, also very likely.

And Arunachal Pradesh is south Tibet for China and Ladakh was a Chinese territory before the Britishers annexed it and India got it as a reward. Old Chinese maps shows both the territories as part of China.

India will most definitely fight. Indian military is professional enough to not run away. But it is not equipped adequately to parry the Chinese advance. In all likelihood India will not be able to hold territory unless there is direct outside help.
you didn't read it bro
those soldiers stationed there would fight- a soldier always fight till you have your weaponry and food, of course but I am not too sure political elite is
A- ready to fully realize the threat in the north
B- Isn't focused enough as they should be
C- they'll be caught by surprise
D- don't think they have the balls to give it all they got (yes I realize your weaponry, that's ok- it happens but the determined attitude to defend the territories against a powerhouse - I think this attitude is missing from political elites)
yes some can say it there or not- but as an observer I am not seeing that do or die attitude

Last edited:
India's flawed and hyper-nationalist Kashmir narrative failed them in reaching an agreement with the Chinese on the border issues. In 1950's China was more interested in Aksai Chin and they had ignored and tolerated the movement of some Indian forces into the NEFA (Now Arunachal Pradesh) and the establishment of a few scattered checkposts on the McMahon line after 1951.

One of the main reasons behind failed negotiations was the fact that the Chinese regarded J&K as a disputed territory under international law (a position they maintained while negotiating boundary agreement with Pakistan as well ) and their refusal to discuss with India the segment of boundary west of Karakoram pass was considered by Nehru to be tantamount to questioning the legality of accession of J&K to India. China was willing to withdraw its claims on Arunachal Pradesh if India could do the same in Aksai Chin (i.e. through peaceful negotiations) but Indians didn't let happen and ended up losing Aksai Chin to China in the war anyways

Nehru made a strategic blunder by ignoring repeated Chinese requests/attempts to foster good neighbourly relations with India. Pakistan had requested Chinese to settle border issues with them on a number of occasions but the Chinese completely ignored our requests. They were more interested in settling border issues with India. It was only after stubborn refusal of Indians (and even right out insults) to consider Chinese requests that a frustrated China finally decided to settle boundary with Pakistan. The rest is history

you didn't read it bro
those soldiers stationed there would fight- a soldier always fight till you have your weaponry and food, of course but I am not too sure political elite is
A- ready to fully realize the threat in the north
B- Isn't focused enough as they should be
C- they'll be caught by surprise
D- don't think they have the balls to give it all they got (yes I realize your weaponry, that's ok- it happens but the determined attitude to defend the territories against a powerhouse - I think this attitude is missing from political elites)
yes some can say it there or not- but as an observer I am not seeing that do or die attitude
I think that the Indian political class is well aware of threat from the North. Almost every other week, there is alarmist news in Indian media about Chinese threat and posture in the border with India. So I don't think that there will be a lack of focus from political leadership. Tactical surprises may be possible, but strategic goals of China in the region are well understood by India.

In my opinion, the problem with Indian political leadership is their myopic view of 'strategic autonomy'. India's only card is to be an operational ally of the only power on earth that is militarily superior to China. India is not assertive enough to play it properly. Indian foreign policy seems to be naive that way.

View attachment 783006
This is obvious...
1633706848065.png

The presence of nukes complicates or rather makes it difficult for any side to capture considerable landmass. While on paper, India follows no first use policy but it would definitely use it if a perceived threshold is reached by China. Everyone will have to calculate the outcome keeping in view the nukes be it Pakistan, China or India.

The presence of nukes complicates or rather makes it difficult for any side to capture considerable landmass. While on paper, India follows no first use policy but it would definitely use it if a perceived threshold is reached by China. Everyone will have to calculate the outcome keeping in view the nukes be it Pakistan, China or India.
India does not value the territory coveted by China as something that would merit a nuclear war. PLA has to invade Delhi before we come close to that threshold :-)

Back
Top Bottom