What's new

ICC Champions Trophy 2017 : News, Update and Discussion

First things first, lunginuls have improved greatly over these past few years, they are not to be taken lightly.

no doubt a resurgent Pakistan in a high pressure final will be a challenge too, we probably have an edge there but anything can happen.

let's see.

India just needs to set 250+ targets, Bangladesh and Pakistan doesn't have the batting to chase down any such total.

India just needs to set 250+ targets, Bangladesh and Pakistan doesn't have the batting to chase down any such total.
tumhare muh mein ghee, shakkar (or whatever else you prefer) but I'm saving my celebrations till when our men in blue seal the deal.:D

Pakistan is a good team - I have not noticed as much shrillness in the social media before an India-Pak match as this time - not even after 26/11.

Pak is a good team - clearly they are not the Pakistan of the late 1980 or early 1990s but even they know that. All they now need is one good match.

:lol: The only reason Bangladesh is in the semifinal in the first place is because of England's shitty weather. Don't forget Bangladesh has only won one game in this CT so far (including the warm ups)

Warm up against Pakistan- BD Lost
Warm up against India- BD humiliated, lost by 240 runs
First match against England- BD humiliated, lost by 8 wickets
Second match against Australia- BD humiliated all out for 180, match washed out
Third match against New Zealand- BD won, miraculous win, they were 30 for 3 at one stage.

Bangladesh is there in Semi-Final only because of sheer luck. If it wasn't for the rain, Australia would have reached the semis.
Yes - and 2 of Australia matches being washed out did help their cause. Even in 2015 World Cup, they cried so much after the QF loss. Let's not forget the premature celebration in the World T20.

I'm not happy that there is no change to be seen in Final Azhar Babar and Hafeez should be in squad, hope selectors captain give them last chance to prove if they able to stay more in team or not. We get rid of Shehzad and found Fakhar And I believe there are more good to replace that three stupids.
Let's see!

Incredible turnaround from Pakistan. They looked like a bunch of club cricketers against India and then suddenly they turned into a top side in a matter of days. If India get past BD, I'm expecting a much tougher contest this time around.

I'm not happy that there is no change to be seen in Final Azhar Babar and Hafeez should be in squad, hope selectors captain give them last chance to prove if they able to stay more in team or not. We get rid of Shehzad and found Fakhar And I believe there are more good to replace that three stupids.
Let's see!
Yes agreed we have to get rid of children's of misbah who still keep going on misbah mindset specially wahab shehzad hafeez

We need positive players who play freely in only ingredients we can defeat India by free flowing players we lacked that in misbah captaincy he never won a toss first of all in crucial games and keep getting big down by blocking and making Indian midoker bowlers like mcgrath

Yes
Hassan ali is not that fast, Indian bowlers are faster :lol:
But he is more clever and more skillful compare all ur bunch of faster bowlers Hassan Ali still a bigger bowler than them

He has more swing and seam than ur bowlers

Jarrod Kimber of ESPN cricinfo on Pakistan's win against England:

They weren't supposed to be here. They weren't supposed to win, supposed to has never been part of the Pakistan vocabulary. This was business as unusual for them. Today was very different, and totally the same. Just another glorious day in Pakistan's quest for elegant chaos and endless joy.

Why do i get the feeling that some Pakistanis are a little obsessed with Indians ?
Strange that you get that feeling while posting on PDF, you know P here stands for PAKISTAN. It is PAKISTAN Defense Forum!!!
Obsession?

Shame on those who're making fun of Sarfaraz so what if he doesn't know English it's not a requirement to stay alive he's a good player and he shows it on the ground too this stupid colonial mindset isn't gonna go away i think.
ACTUALLY, Sarfaraz needs to understand this as well and it is not just him. No player should be ashamed of conversing in their mother language! Look at the football players and even if they know English most of them wont speak. Our cricketers should also not feel ashamed of talking in Urdu or any other language for that matter that comes naturally to them. If the reporters want to cover the news conference of these celebrities and stars, they better bring their own translators.

However, it is the PLAYERS that need to take this step. Unfortunately they don't and get ridiculed. This is for all the players out there. No shame in using your own language.

Last edited:
Jarrod Kimber of ESPN cricinfo on Pakistan's win against England:

They weren't supposed to be here. They weren't supposed to win, supposed to has never been part of the Pakistan vocabulary. This was business as unusual for them. Today was very different, and totally the same. Just another glorious day in Pakistan's quest for elegant chaos and endless joy.
As if it was some God given right of England to win... Pakistan played better and won -- fair and square.

Hey Indian and Pakistani members on this SPORTS thread, :wave:
lets play a game!!

TROLL FROM THIS POST ONWARD AND GET AN IMMEDIATE NEGATIVE RATING! :yahoo:
That is if my moderator friends here do not beat me to it and ban you first.

@WAJsal @The Eagle @Slav Defence @waz @TaimiKhan

Its will be a team game so play nice.

Game Rules: :tup:
  • The offer is for members from all countries.
  • The contest starts from this point onwards so no points will be given to to held back based on your previous "performance". Us na pahla kaha tha wala mazak ni chly ga!
  • There is a DRS but i will try my best and make sure that it do not gets to there.
  • The best performers will be given special "leave" and i will request the administration specially to make the vacation as long as possible.
  • Quoting a troll post will get you half a rating, since there is no way to give that so here is what i am going to do:
    • Quote a troll post with all that filth included in your quoted post and your post get reported
    • Do that once, you get reported, do it again, REPORTED AGAIN, do that for a third time and you have won yourself a full point too. (That will be open to review once the post is edited)
May be best troll win. I will make sure that he does and get that "reward". :tup:

Last edited:
Found this gem:rofl:
Pleas translate what is written

DDWymCK.jpg

Yfkl9Cj.png

Sorry to say this

Come on Indiaaaaaaaaa

If it was anyone else Bangladesh would be the team I'd want in the final ,

But who doesn't want the anticipation the build up the media the pundits salivating for the biggest game in cricket .

Pakistan v India

We may have a better chance for the trophy playing Bangladesh but I want to play India.

The public in Pakistan on the news channels seem to also all want the neighbours in the final

For Pakistan just to get this far is a wonder and to beat the coloniser no make that batter thrash heck murder them the overwhelming favourites in there own back yard will go down in history.

16h ago 17:15

I don’t know what to say. Even by Pakistan’s standards, that was quite astonishing. England look shocked as they leave the field. They didn’t play well but even their A-game might not have been enough. Pakistan did what only Pakistan can do, summoning an irresistible force with the ball before batting - the loose cannon Fakhar excepted - with an almost contrary calmness.

It’s a sad day to be an England fan. It’s a beautiful day to be a cricket fan. Whether it’s mid-innings or mid-tournament, there’s nothing in sport quite as exhilarating as a Pakistan surge. They are on one now, and will take some beating in the final. Or they’ll lose by 200 runs. Thanks for your company. Commiserations to England. Zindabad Pakistan!

IMG_4011.JPG

Back
Top Bottom