What's new

I hate geniuses!

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.
@Jaanbaz @DESERT FIGHTER @hunter_hunted

50297C25-D664-4D2B-84FE-B73BD629FCE2.jpeg

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.
@fitpOsitive @xyxmt @GumNaam

Last edited:
While in university, our seniors told us that the teacher of a subject( Complex Variables and Laplace transformations) is a genius. We were thrilled.
When we met him, he was quite not as per our expectations( I don't know why we concluded before meeting him, that a genius is also mean friendly!!!!? ). That genius gave me the lowest marks of my whole life. 55 out of 100.
Usually, I think everyone is genius. It's just your concentration, interest and of course your education that makes you, what people call a genius.

@Juggernaut_is_here @Jugger

@denel @Gibbs @Starlord

@ghazi52

@paindobaba

a genius is only genius when he influences the life of related or targeted factor, now if a farmer like me is in company of history genius he definitely not going to enjoy it but if he sits with a farming genius he definitely will,
Are you a farmer or homeopathic doctor?

This is what an FB friend says on this topic:

" @abcxyz0000 ,

sorry to hear that geniuses are boring, i've never met any so i wouldn't know. My friends are for the most part dummies which is why i must be having such a good time ;)
I guess the moral of this story is, don't count on others, geniuses or not, to make you feel thrilled, riveted or anything else. In fact, reality is often not what we imagined or were told it was. This applies to many things."

- PRTP GWD

@Politico

Three questions in three threads.

- PRTP GWD

@El Sidd

Sage,

Do you have anything to say on this? The articulation is awkward and obnoxious but there's a valid point.

- PRTP GWD

@El Sidd

Sage,

Do you have anything to say on this? The articulation is awkward and obnoxious but there's a valid point.

- PRTP GWD

You know most criminals posses higher IQ than the average masses.

I wouldn't say you hate them necessarily but maybe there's a sense of disappointment as you held them in greater esteem given the asian culture towards people of knowledge?

Back
Top Bottom