What's new

I hate geniuses!

Reaction score
Country
India
I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

Last edited:
I've this couplet of Iqbal for you.
41aa47fabc48fa5d162e19dae28aa8f8.gif

Teri Aag Iss Khaakdaan Se Nahin
Jahan Tujh Se Hai, Tu Jahan Se Nahin

The fire that is you has not come out of this heap of dust.
You have not come out of this world; It has come out of you.
(this is not my translation, i copied it from where i got the couplet, there is a lost in translation problem here, but i hope you understand hindi and can read that roman urdu)

I've this couplet of Iqbal for you.
View attachment 116541

Teri Aag Iss Khaakdaan Se Nahin
Jahan Tujh Se Hai, Tu Jahan Se Nahin

The fire that is you has not come out of this heap of dust.
You have not come out of this world; It has come out of you.
(this is not my translation, i copied it from where i got the couplet, there is a lost in translation problem here, but i hope you understand hindi and can read that roman urdu)
How is this related to the topic? Did you get what I said?

There is nothing as the term 'genius', it's some other random guy with a good hold on one definite subject, while lacking in more than a few. And geniuses aren't born, they are made through practice, hard work , discipline and perseverance. And everyone is a genius, one just need a 'lensing' effect to focus on a definite discipline.

I don't even know this guy and he hates me

Y me lord u made me genius

I hate geniuses. I hate scientists, mathematicians, chess champions, prodigious engineers, prodigious economists and other technical prodigies. Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’, reading the entertaining excerpts of the novel 'One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich' (by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn), listening to great music etc. I had incorrectly thought that their presence is something worth looking forward to in life. But the reality really seems to be different. Now I know the feel of a company of a genius may be no better than workplace banality. I had presumed meeting a genius would be fun. But meeting with genius turned out to be an ordinary experience. It was not much pleasure.

Since you don't like company of geniuses, I am out of this thread. :drag:

Earlier when I hadn't met one (or thought that I hadn't) I guessed being in the company of a genius would be riveting, thrilling, exciting etc. Like watching 1978 movie ‘Don’,
COOL SCENE!!! Watch and listen to the end.

May be the world is not ready for a "genius" like you?:)

Its okay, my man. Be like the little steam engine that thought he could. lol.

;)

Since you don't like company of geniuses, I am out of this thread. :drag:

Don't leave, genius. lol

Back
Top Bottom