What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

xxxKULxxx

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
List of HUGE PROJECTS of TÜRKİYE
Güneydoğu Anadolu Projesi (GAP) (Southeastern Anatolia Project)
Huge Projects of Türkiye

MARMARAY PROJECT
Huge Projects of Türkiye

AVRASYA TÜNELİ (Eurasia Tunnel)
Huge Projects of Türkiye

YAVUZ SULTAN SELİM KÖPRÜSÜ (Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge)
Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 2

KANAL İSTANBUL
(Canal İstanbul)

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 4

3. HAVALİMANI (İSTANBUL) (3rd Airport of İstanbul)

AKKUYU NÜKLEER SANTRALİ (Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant)

KUZEY KIBRIS TÜRK CUMHURİYETİ SU TEMİN PROJESİ(Northern Cyprus Water Supply Project)

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 9

Istanbul International Financial Center Project

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 10

Kazan Defence Industry Center

Kazan Defence Industry Center

DERİNER BARAJI(Deriner Dam)

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 11

Istanbul - Izmir Highway & İzmit Bay Bridge Project

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 15

Sports Stadiums

NEW STADIUMS OF TÜRKİYE

Asya Shipping Port

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 21

High Speed Railway Projects

TÜRKİYE's High Speed Railways

Train Projects

Turkish Train Projects

OVİT TÜNELİ (Ovit Tunnel)

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 23

BÜYÜK İSTANBUL TÜNELİ (Great İstanbul Tunnel)

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 25
Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 25

ORDU-GİRESUN HAVALİMANI (Ordu-Giresun Airport)

Huge Projects of Türkiye | Page 28
=====================================================================================

Güneydoğu Anadolu Projesi (GAP)
(Southeastern Anatolia Project)

Official Website...

GAP - Republic Of Turkey Ministry Of Development Southeastern Anatolia Project Regional Development Administration

Wiki...

Southeastern Anatolia Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to 2010 prices total cost of prject is 42,1 Bln TL... Till 2010 30.6 Bln TL of it realized... 72,6% finished till 2010... 4-5 years passed after 2010 so i don't know how much of GAP finished till today...

The project covers 9 cities Adıyaman, Batman, Diyarbakır, Gaziantep, Kilis, Siirt, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, Şırnak...

It includes 22 dams 19 powerplants... They are and they will be used both for energy and irrigation...
BTW it looks like planned dams & powerplants increased by the time...

GAP region...

tr-gap.jpg

Here completed 17 constructions of them... 17 includes irrigation dams and powerplants...

1- ATATÜRK DAM

a.jpg

Devlet Su İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü Baraj Detay Sayfası

2- BATMAN DAM

batman.jpg

3- BİRECİK DAM

birecik.jpg

4- DEVEGEÇİDİ DAM

devegeçidi.jpg

5- DİCLE DAM

dicle.jpg

6- DUMLUCA DAM

dumluca.jpg

7- GÖKSU DAM

göksu.jpg

8- HACIHIDIR DAM

hacıhıdır.jpg

9- HANCAĞIZ DAM

hancağız.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of those dams are within Project GAP if ı am not mistaken :what:

Yes sure... I prepared these posts under GAP Project... All of them are from GAP project... We have greater dams which are out of GAP project... I will try to collect all our huge projects under this thread by the time... I will add Yusufeli Dam, Deriner dam here later... As you know Deriner took place in the program 'Build it Bigger' ... By the time this thread will be filled with our huge projects...

Well, dicle and fırat rivers are our biggest rivers so the biggest dams are being build there. On top of that we use the water resources from those two rivers for İrrigation, which really pisses of İraq and Syria :).

Because of the rise in energy costs it has also become much more feasible for smaller dam project. Little hes projects are popping up everywhere in Turkey.

tablo_2.gif

@olcayto

Unfortunately they keep popping uncontrolled and there is no authority can control or if necessary stop their construction as government doesn't listens any authority and just changes the it if they want.

Many of these HES significiantly damages the area's nature.

@olcayto

Unfortunately they keep popping uncontrolled and there is no authority can control or if necessary stop their construction as government doesn't listens any authority and just changes the it if they want.

Many of these HES significiantly damages the area's nature.

Well, İ have to disagree on this one. Wether we like it or not, energy centrals like these will always have a impact on nature. However if we always keep giving first priority to environment, we should stop building any kind of centrals. Because in the end they will all impact nature.

Everything has a limit, nature means nothing to them, they don't care , there is no control on damage to nature, project is profitable ? done, nobody can stop them. If they showed that they have been trying to minimalize the effect on nature, I would not say anything againts it, come see mountains in Antalya, you can't see a mountain sight without several of this
fft64_mf1355075.Jpeg

They're raping the mountains and leaving it like this after they're done.

Besides if it was up to me I would just destroy human race, we're destroying to last remnants of nature for what ? to make several more fatasses watch tv and wipe their asses ? :)

Everything has a limit, nature means nothing to them, they don't care , there is no control on damage to nature, project is profitable ? done, nobody can stop them. If they showed that they have been trying to minimalize the effect on nature, I would not say anything againts it, come see mountains in Antalya, you can't see a mountain sight without several of this
fft64_mf1355075.Jpeg

They're raping the mountains and leaving it like this after they're done.

Besides if it was up to me I would just destroy human race, we're destroying to last remnants of nature for what ? to make several more fatasses watch tv and wipe their asses ? :)
I understand and share your concern partially. Imo Turkey should sacrifice some nature or take a risk if it grants Turkey a critical boost and if the govt is willing to do its best to take care of the losses and potential dangers. I'm more looking forward to our future nuclear reactors.

And a Q just arose; does Turkish govt control the water independently, thus making informal rules with Syria etc., or is there an international law and treaty that all nations must adhere to?

I would rather sacrifice humans, what is left of nature to sacrifice ? I'm really pissed to everything.

Hunters from one side, governments from one side, in several decades world with end up like Coruscant, what makes the humans more valuable ? power ?

@Targon , it seems we have a completely different view.
For example the Antalya Dim dam, produces elctricity, irrigates quite a land and supplies drinking water for Antalya.
My perspective says the good outweighs the bad, yours is probably vice versa :)

@usernameless , as far as İ know no, agreements have been made. We just use what we need the rest they can have. This actually benefits Turkey. İ'm going to be brutal here, but listen to me :)

Turkey initiates gap project, irrigates lands starts to grow agriculture products. İraq lacks water, can't grow enough agriculture products(partially because of GAP). İraq has to import agricultual products from Turkey, which has been grown by Turkey, partially by the GAP project :)

I would rather sacrifice humans, what is left of nature to sacrifice ? I'm really pissed to everything.

Hunters from one side, governments from one side, in several decades world with end up like Coruscant, what makes the humans more valuable ? power ?
I go fishing, hiking etc. and I really love nature. I believe that we should do everything possible to preserve it but there must be a balance. We also need to develop ourselves today. We read about the success and achievements of our ancestors all the time but if we don't achieve anything in the 21st century and beyond then we will always have some sort of nostalgia for our past.

Besides whats the point of having nature if there are no humans?

Back
Top Bottom