What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

@Kaan, I just said elevated rails are cheaper. Building steel construction with five meters off the ground is much cheaper than digging 10-15 meters with a huge drill. But we need all three vertical layers of transportation; surface, above the surface, below the surface. So far we haven't used the cheaper "above the surface"

@Kaan, I just said elevated rails are cheaper. Building steel construction with five meters off the ground is much cheaper than digging 10-15 meters with a huge drill. But we need all three vertical layers of transportation; surface, above the surface, below the surface. So far we haven't used the cheaper "above the surface"
Why did you say elevated rails are cheaper? Whats the point?

also i wanna put this project on this thread

Crazy Project (Canal Istanbul)

we will open a new canal left side of Istanbul, through the this canal we will broke Montreux Convention! because of Montreux Convention we can't get any payment from ships which cross bosphorus of Istanbul also we haven't any right for control them. If we broke this agreement we will gain more and more money.....

kanal-istanbul.jpg

Kanal İstanbul is the Turkish project name of the artificial sea-level waterway, which is proposed to be built by the Republic of Turkey on the European side of Turkey, connecting the Black Sea to the Sea of Marmara, and hence to the Aegean andMediterranean Seas. Kanal İstanbul would bisect the current European side of Istanbul and thus form an island between the continents of Asia and Europe (the island would have a shoreline with the Black Sea, Sea of Marmara, the new canal and theBosphorus).[1][2] The new waterway would bypass the current Bosphorus. Kanal İstanbul aims to minimise shipping traffic in theIstanbul Strait. The project is intended for the 100th anniversary in 2023 of the foundation of the Turkish Republic.

kanalistanbul.jpg

Purpose

The main purpose of the project is to reduce the marine traffic through the Bosphorus and minimize the risks and dangers associated particularly with tankers.[3] About 56,000 vessels pass yearly through the Istanbul Strait, among them 10,000 tankers carrying 145 million tons of crude oil. International pressure is growing to increase the marine traffic tonnage through the Turkish straits that brings risks for the security of marine navigation during the passage.[4] The canal will further help prevent the pollution caused by cargo vessels passing through or mooring in the Sea of Marmara Sea before the southern entrance of the Bosphorus.[5]

The waterway will have a length of 45–50 km (28–31 mi) with a depth of 25 m (82 ft).[3] Its width will be 150 m (490 ft) on the surface and 120 m (390 ft) at the canal bed. These dimensions will allow the largest vessels and even submarines to pass.

37931.jpg

d12c227d6ceee87f1a66e25349ba540d_k.jpg

source of wiki: http://en.wikipedia....Kanal_Ä°stanbul

The Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits is a 1936 agreement that gives Turkey control over the Bosporus Straits and the Dardanelles and regulates the transit of naval warships. The Convention gives Turkey full control over the Straits and guarantees the free passage of civilian vessels in peacetime. It restricts the passage of naval ships not belonging to Black Sea states

lets put another big project...

Third Air Port of Istanbul

Istanbul air ports will be most visited air ports in the world through to this project, so Istanbul's third air port project going on!

in this sector our big opponent is Germany so we will steal their many customers :)), already we collect lots of customers and frankfurt of Germany enter in a bad stuations....

Actually we are using our position on the world map
wink.png
that stratagic position...

some photos regarding the new air port

3ist2.jpg

3ist1(1).jpg

3ist4.jpg

3%20meydan.jpg

more info regarding the project http://en.wikipedia....bul_New_Airport
İGA Havalimanı İşletmesi Anonim Şirketi

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey initiates gap project, irrigates lands starts to grow agriculture products. İraq lacks water, can't grow enough agriculture products(partially because of GAP). İraq has to import agricultual products from Turkey, which has been grown by Turkey, partially by the GAP project :)

They have to import agriculture products due to the irrigation systems and farms being destroyed by the wars, even if dams would be opened completely today they still would have to import, they will be self sufficient in about 4-5 years ( official estimates by ministry of agriculture), ground water will always go through.

The Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Straits is a 1936 agreement that gives Turkey control over the Bosporus Straits and the Dardanelles and regulates the transit of naval warships. The Convention gives Turkey full control over the Straits and guarantees the free passage of civilian vessels in peacetime. It restricts the passage of naval ships not belonging to Black Sea states
we will open a new canal left side of Istanbul, through the this canal we will broke Montreux Convention! because of Montreux Convention we can't get any payment from ships which cross bosphorus of Istanbul also we haven't any right for control them. If we broke this agreement we will gain more and more money.....
Forgive me but you are misinformed, This is the most retarded project in Turkish history.

Because according to Montreux Convention use of the bosphorus strait is free for all civilian ships durign peacetime and Turkey doesn't have any right to block the bosphorus. Doing so will be subjected to international law. Nobody has to use the stupid canal they can just go through the bosphorus.

I despise this project not because of that, but because it's fucking with the İstanbul's unique position and making it an artificial island. Canal istanbul or whatever stupid name they are calling it needs to be stopped.
Why did you say elevated rails are cheaper? Whats the point?
I'm saying we should invest in elevated rail systems too. This doesn't make the underground metro a retarded idea :) underground has it's pros aswell.
Why Istanbul needs to grow anyway ? it will soon double the Greece's population, its already overcrowded, they should make other cities more attractive for business and living, balance is needed.
You're actually right, I just want the boundaries of the city to stop expanding. If the population has to grow it needs to grow in whatever space currently available.

Last edited:
@[TR]AHMET

Thx... I added your posts to the 1st post... I made a list there... Whenever we add a project under this thread... I will that list and i'll add project's name also link of that project's link from this thread...

Around 70% of the tunnel is already complete, and will take about a year and a half to be opened to the public.
World Bulletin / News Desk
What!!!! I didnt even know that they started but its allready 70% finished? :o:
Are you sure this info is valid? o_O

What!!!! I didnt even know that they started but its allready 70% finished? :o:
Are you sure this info is valid? o_O
:cheesy:Thanks for notifying. I couldn't find another source so I will assume it is b.s.

Deleted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom