What's new

TÜRKİYE's High Speed Railways

xxxKULxxx

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Current condition...

High_Speed_Rail_Turkey.jpg

Future... Most of them will be finished by 2023... And i draw a red line... This is thought for a speed way between İstanbul & Ankara directly... Most probably this will be added too...

2023.jpg

Now there are 2 main lines online...

Ankara-İstanbul

LGV_Ankara-Istanbul.png

Ankara-Konya

LGV_Ankara-Konya.png

On wiki there is pretty good, detailed info...

High-speed rail in Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On these lines there 2 kind of High Speed Trains...

11(maybe 12) sets of CAF

CAF.jpg

CAF-Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles, your railway solutions

There is 1 Velaro in the inventory and in a few time they will be 7 sets in total...

VELARO.jpg

The Velaro family - Mobility - Siemens

And after some time we will see our domestic high speed train on railways...

MYHT-1.jpg
MYHT-2.jpg

BTW TCDD want to purchase 106 new sets in 5 years but after domestic high speed train announced they decided to reorganize the tender... Let's see what will happen...

Currently Türkiye is @ 7th or 8th of the world... I searched a lot but found different lists but we are challenging with russia after;

1- China
2- Spain
3- Japan
4- France
5- Germany
6- Italy

the paintjob the TCDD used for the Velaro is odd.. If I didn't look into it I wouldn't know it were the same trains as the german ICE

Future... Most of them will be finished by 2023... And i draw a red line... This is thought for a speed way between İstanbul & Ankara directly... Most probably this will be added too...

View attachment 141474
Infrasturcture projects are very important for Turkey, a country that hasnt any natural energy sources, when the republic was founded Atatürks national objective was to bring electricity, water and roads to every single village which can be said finished today, our new goal should be that every major city is connected with High Speed Trains and more efficient Motorways, this can reduce our dependece on foreign energy singnificantly and attract new inverstments to citys that are relatively small and insignificant yet.
It may be costly but it will create jobs in short term and make profits in long term, Germany did this in about 2-3 decades after WWII, they almost rebuilt their whole country from ashes, it isnt impossible.

Good going Turkey, you are a model( example) for other middle Eastern countries to follow.

Who built/is building Turkey's high speed railway? Guess it must be either Spain, Germany or Japan?

Good going Turkey, you are a model( example) for other middle Eastern countries to follow.

Who built/is building Turkey's high speed railway? Guess it must be either Spain, Germany or Japan?

There are different consortiums... Most of them are joint constructions with Turkish companies and spanish, chinese, german companies... But Ankara-Konya constructed by a Turkish company called Yapı Merkezi only...

Eskişehir Station has 2 different designs...

es1.jpg
es2.jpg

Haydarpaşa(İstanbul) Station is a historical building and they protected this building and added some parts but this project has some problems...

h1.jpg
h2.jpg
h3.jpg
h4.Jpeg
h5.Jpeg

Sapanca Station...

s1.jpg

Sivas Station...

si1.jpg

Pamukova Station...

p1.jpg

Thx @rmi5

Istanbul-Konya high-speed railway commissioned in Turkey

Baku, Azerbaijan, Dec.17
By Rufiz Hafizoglu – Trend:

Istanbul-Konya high-speed railway has been commissioned in Turkey, TRT Haber TV channel reported on Dec.17.

The opening ceremony of the high-speed railway with the length of 715 kilometers was attended by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and other officials of the country.

Students, servicemen and persons aged over 60, will benefit from 20-percent discount while traveling via the new high-speed railway. The price of the one-way ticket for the train will be equal to 42.5 TRY.

It is expected that as a result of commissioning of the new high-speed railway, the travel time from Istanbul to Konya will decrease to four hours.

Currently, the bus trip from Ankara to Istanbul takes 10-11 hours.

As part of the Vision 2023 program [celebrating the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Republic of Turkey], the country has increased the investments in the development of transport sector.

Turkish State Railways said in January that it intends to invest almost half of its 2014 budget (1.8 billion TRY) in the projects for development of high-speed trains in the country.

2.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-01.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-06.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-07.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-09.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-11.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-12.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-15.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-17.jpg
2014-12-17-yht-18.jpg

How long does it take to go from Kayseri to Antalya?

Let me estimate it. lets see 614km roads with detour and 10h with car. The distance can be lowered to 480 ~ish km if it cuts trough the mountain if maps isin't failing on me, train speed will probably run arround 250 km/h ~ish. I think 1 Hours and 55 minutes estimate. If they are going to use the existing road as reference 2 Hours and 30 minutes estimate. I think they are going to cut trough.

Back
Top Bottom