What's new

How to Improve relationship with China and pak.

LOL opposite for me, I just love cities. :azn:

P.S. Guilin is actually a city in Guangxi province. That tour you linked, will certainly go through Guilin.

... I have stayed in big cities for too long, so I always have a weakness for the unexplored remote areas. Good to know tha Guilin is in Guangxi... Can't stay if I will take the package tours though... I am more of a backpacker types :) Like to travel on my own times and terms.

Package tours give me a good idea though... it is my little secret to chart a route after finding details from the tour operators :D

... I have stayed in big cities for too long, so I always have a weakness for the unexplored remote areas. Good to know tha Guilin is in Guangxi... Can't stay if I will take the package tours though... I am more of a backpacker types :) Like to travel on my own times and terms.

I envy that, I really do. I personally always need to control things (schedules etc.) and would never go off "backpacking" like that, into the wild unknown. :D

There are plenty of places in Guangxi that are very "remote", which might be to your liking. Though personally I went on a guided tour lol.

I envy that, I really do. I personally always need to control things (schedules etc.) and would never go off "backpacking" like that, into the wild unknown. :D

There are plenty of places in Guangxi that are very "remote", which might be to your liking. Though personally I went on a guided tour lol.

Oh me too. As in, I love going on solo tours with absolutely no itenary and no return flight ticket. I've done Europe and parts of Africa. And it would be the greatest thing ever if I could do china. With cheap travel costs to China et al.

China is breathtakingly beautiful from what I get in this short video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with Indian tourists. They prefer Europe and Western destinations mainly. There is also the new trend of far east as that is cheaper and nearer home.

I hope to see China being added to the list of destinations an Indian considers as his holiday destination. There is sure to be a wealth of history that many of us can look forward to.

The problem is China did not advertise for the tourism in India. I know the the great wall, thats it...

In contrary, far east countries promoting more here. You can see alot of sets of bollywood in Malaysia etc...

We need PR for tourism in China to attract people here and vise versa..

The problem is China did not advertise for the tourism in India. I know the the great wall, thats it...

In contrary, far east countries promoting more here. You can see alot of sets of bollywood in Malaysia etc...

We need PR for tourism in China to attract people here and vise versa..

You are right. This would need a change of mindset from both sides.

The current distrust between the countries prevents such steps and there is no leader tall enough to bridge that mistrust, on either side.

At present the geopolitics is playing a bigger role. It may change.

Yeah honestly I wish more Indians would actually come to visit China, they'd probably imagine some kind of police state. I've lived a whole bunch of places in my life, there's just as much personal freedom as anywhere and no one will bother you even if you say bad stuff about the government, officials etc etc.

People opt out of travelling to china because of food probs. most indians are veggies.

People opt out of travelling to china because of food probs. most indians are veggies.

I think after India, China provides the best variety of vegetarian food.

I am a vegetarian and I love Chinese food. So do many of my friends.

Not sure how easy it is to get the vegetarian fare in China though.

I think after India, China provides the best variety of vegetarian food.

I am a vegetarian and I love Chinese food. So do many of my friends.

Not sure how easy it is to get the vegetarian fare in China though.

Are you kidding. You mean veg in China. Didn't expected but if it is surely would like to visit. I am not planning to have tour on mainland but surely to Hong Kong or Taiwan.

Mainiland is so big, if you go there you have to sit their for 20 days to visit all things.

We invented tofu dude.... and stir fries dishes with soy protein instead of meat have been the latest food craze.

Some of the cities in the mainland, are starting to put even Hong Kong to shame. Shanghai for example, will soon surpass Hong Kong in terms of overall GDP.

If you prefer the country-side though, I recommend Guilin. The scenery is fantastic.

Pagodas_en_el_lago_Shanhu_guilin.jpg

The picture reminds me of this in Rajasthan in India.

water-palace-india.jpg

Why we need their approval?

Tomorrow, if Bangladesh raised voice and said, "southern West Bengal is ours because it has mostly muslims". Then, you will start appeasing them? "please allow us to have whole of West bengal, Sir"?

Well the indian prime minister promised the kashmirs a free vote and it was you indians that took the issue to the UN and said you wanted a referendum in kashmir and then did nothing put send more troops into the area.
I dont remember the india president-prime minister saying the same thing about any other area including west bengal.

Back
Top Bottom