Status
Not open for further replies.

asad71

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Myanmar interested in purchasing the Xiaolong (JF-17) | Defenceradar News

Myanmar Air Force plans to produce JF-17 Xiaolong multirole fighters domestically for its air force, reports the Yangon-based Myanmar Times. Myanmar Air Force currently operates Russian-built MiG-29B and MiG-29SE fighters, Chinese-built J-7M fighters, Chinese built Q-5 attackers and 16 trainers. In addition, it also has nine Mi-35 attack helicopters and more than 90 other types of helicopters.

The Myanmar Air Force has been looking to purchase a license from China to produce its own Xiaolong fighters, according to the report. The JF-17 fighter is capable of carrying air-to-air missiles including the PL-5EII, PL-9C and PL-12. The C-802A anti-ship missile can also be equipped when the Myanmar Air Force needs to provide air support to the nation's naval forces in combat.When facing an enemy aircraft in close combat, the Xiaolong can attack its target with its Russian-built Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-23 twin-barreled 23 mm autocannon.

Myanmar interested in purchasing the Xiaolong (JF-17) | Defenceradar News

Why so worried. BD has already denied its procurement in favor of a more tech advance option.

JF-17 is not a bad plane at all.

The reason that BD is not interested is that BD may only purchase one type of plane and needs something that can carry a heavier load and can carry larger radar and other electronics. JF-17 is a light fighter

Myanmar should buy this technological marvel.

plane4_4.jpg

They already have this marvel:

FUPeruM29SEChrisLofting.jpg

They already have this marvel:

FUPeruM29SEChrisLofting.jpg

Good for them to operate vintage, but you did not catch why I said what I said to him.

By the way Myanmar is looking to replace F-7s and A-5Cs.

I would disagree with you in this matter.It's a decent combat aircraft with a great potential for future upgrades.In another word,it's really a bang for the buck.But i don't think that Myanmar will opt for this aircraft as it has already got a sizeable fleet of Mig-29M and it will be wise to buy some more from Russia instead to avoid problems regarding multiple platforms...:coffee:

Myanmar airforce didn't operate Mig-29M. There current Mig-29 fleet is - 20 MiG-29B, 6 MiG-29SE, 5 MiG-29UB.

There is no confirmation so far. Multiple threads are already running on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom