What's new

This Is the Ultimate MiG-21

"We have the target to match the latest gripen's capability with our LCA MK2."
It is not my mind but I was looking for clarification of your post....

Yes.

We want to match Payload (in excess of 5 tons) , turn rate, Speed (Mach 2+) , Radar Capability (Exceed), Weight (Low) and armaments of latest version of Grippen. LCA MK2 shall be a 6 ton or bellow weight A/C with improved aerodynamics, atleast 20% more powerful engine, new age avionics, new flight control system etc. etc.

For first flight 2015-2016 is target .

Very good-in fact Many of our products designed back in 60s & 70s have already served IAF for decades,and India has moved ahead too..

In missile technology, we have taken a giant leap. We are on threshold of relizing many new cutting age technology.

No it is F 16.
Its reliability is questionable. In every event of war, we wont have any supplies for them. JF-17 is best and always flying!!
Also you are requested to read the full post. Not only grab the conclusion. Cheers

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how JF 17 is even resembles to MiG 21,forget about the capabilities , besides both are flying...o_O

Can anyone tell me how JF 17 is even resembles to MiG 21,forget about the capabilities , besides both are flying...o_O
JF-17.jpg
MIG-21 Bison.JPG

Don't they look somewhat similar! Differnt on the air intake part but still.
Although, JF-17 may perform slightly better(Radar and Engine) than Bison, but taking a look at their capabilities, it appears to be similar.
And India is Phasing out these fighters. So still should PAF be considering it as their backbone.
May not be appropriate discussion in this thread but still.
Food For thought!

View attachment 39163 View attachment 39164

Don't they look somewhat similar! Differnt on the air intake part but still.
Although, JF-17 may perform slightly better(Radar and Engine) than Bison, but taking a look at their capabilities, it appears to be similar.
And India is Phasing out these fighters. So still should PAF be considering it as their backbone.
May not be appropriate discussion in this thread but still.
Food For thought!

Dumbo, whats look similar to you between Mig-21 and JF-17?

Look both jets from same angle in more comprehensive view

JF-17 Thunder

1831616.jpg

Mig-21

0643588.jpg

LMAO. Yup, very "similar" ...OMG, both jets have "wings" ...lol

JF-17 Thunder is a fourth generation aircraft with alot of additional features, BVR capable, DSI air-intakes, advance avionics, and very sophisticated weapons load.

It is comparable to Gripen etc...not to Mig-21/Tejas type aircrafts..

Dumbo, whats look similar to you between Mig-21 and JF-17?

Look both jets from same angle in more comprehensive view
LMAO. Yup, very "similar" ...OMG, both jets have "wings" ...lol

JF-17 Thunder is a fourth generation aircraft with alot of additional features, BVR capable, DSI air-intakes, advance avionics, and very sophisticated weapons load.

It is comparable to Gripen etc...not to Mig-21/Tejas type aircrafts..

4 Gen Really!!

And to my knowledge, Even Bison has BVR capable, advance avionics, and very sophisticated weapons load. Dumbo!!!

Bison is surely not 4 gen.. but still close.

And I said similar. Dumbo!!! Hope you understand Similar.

And the avionics are from France and Israel, not some Chinese sub-standard copies.

And you want to compare it to Gripen......Maybe thats why China backed out from purchasing it....You may know better.

Didn't want to troll......But you started it....Enjoy

Last edited:
People who think JF-17 looks similar to Mig-21 need the eye checkup please ...

To me JF-17 looks more like F-17 and next verisons of it looks more like F-22 Raptor ..

Beauty

Back
Top Bottom