What's new

Happy Hanukkah from Pakistan to Jewish people around the world

Yes, US was involved.
If the US asks you to jump in a well, would you do it?
The onus for the act lies on Pakistan, not US.

Secondly did the US built the madrassas and trained the mullah's which today ask Pakistani's to kill Ahmadis or Shias?

You have terrorism because of your own doing. Lets not pretend otherwise.

Offtopic: And I like it here on Mars :D

The onus for the act lies on Pakistan, not US.
BS and you know it, lets look at it from the legal standpoint shall we, actus reaus & mens Rea clearly dictate that all parties involved in an act are held accountable for its outcomes.

Secondly did the US built the madrassas and trained the mullah's which today ask Pakistani's to kill Ahmadis or Shias?

Oh sadqay jaon, my heart bleeds to see your sympathy at the Ahmadis and Shias plight in Pakistan, yet you could not defend your own kin in Gujrat.... Besides is it only Ahmedi's and Shiite's that are being killed?

You have terrorism because of your own doing. Lets not pretend otherwise.

Who is pretending anything, or did you not read the 300 or so papers published by the ISSI and PIPS?
Here be enlightened:
Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS), Independent Think Tank in Pakistan

Who are the Holtzbergs? Maybe you once knew the answer? Rabbi Holtzberg and wife were the hosts of Chabad's Nariman House in Mumbai. On November 26, 2008, they were deliberately sought out and slain with torture or mutilation by terrorists trained by the Pakistani military, supplied by Pakistani "agencies", and controlled from Pakistan.

It wasn't enough to eliminate the Jews from public view in Pakistan; evil hands had to reach out to eliminate Jews elsewhere, too.

How many Pakistanis will declare that their countrymen who plotted the Holtzbergs' demise should be prosecuted as criminals and will work to make that a reality?
As much as I feel for these departed souls, I also want to tell you that your country has been giving military aid to the same country and ignored the havoc they caused in our cities for decades.

You invaded two nations because of killing of 3000 people, tens of thousands of people of India are killed by terrorists sent by Pakistan and US never cared.

When any American or a Jew is killed, its a death, otherwise its just collateral damage or not worth it.

Now the same country which also gave sanctuary to OBL and still has many senior Taliban leaders who are responsible for death of your soldiers, your govt. just gave them over a billion dollar worth of aid.

So, no need to post this. You nurtured the devils and they killed you and you can call all those unknown dead Indians as collateral.

If US really wants to do something then impose sanctions on Pakistan rather than on Iran.

BS and you know it, lets look at it from the legal standpoint shall we, actus reaus & mens Rea clearly dictate that all parties involved in an act are held accountable for its outcomes.
All parties are culpable. But US was only culpable till they were invested in Afghanistan. It was Pakistan that saw the delights and results of the Afghan mujahideen experiment and decided to try it in Kashmir.

Oh sadqay jaon, my heart bleeds to see your sympathy at the Ahmadis and Shias plight in Pakistan, yet you could not defend your own kin in Gujrat.... Besides is it only Ahmedi's and Shiite's that are being killed?
We couldnt, but we did get those who were responsible for it. People have been convicted and in jail for the riots. Life sentences for the whole lot of them.

In Pakistan all this religious extremism is a result of Pakistans own actions. You are not suffering from wounds inflicted by anyone else..other than yourselves.

I see a lot of Pakistanis saying that they too are victims of terrorism and an ally in fighting it. Fact it that those terrorists have been created by Pakistan itself.

Who is pretending anything, or did you not read the 300 or so papers published by the ISSI and PIPS?
Here be enlightened:
Pak Institute for Peace Studies (PIPS), Independent Think Tank in Pakistan
Hadnt read it. Will do so now.

All of that is Pakistani's own fault Fauji. You cant expect a lot of sympathy from others.
Pakistan bred Taliban, Pakistan bred terrorists, Pakistan bred LeT among numerous others so that they create issues in Afghanistan and India.

Dont complain when they target your own country today.

India did not create LeT or Taliban.

You breed a snake in your backyard hoping it will only bite the neighbors, its only a matter of time when it starts biting in your own house.

We didnt ask your society to become jihad sympathising, neither did Israel. We were not the ones who built madrassah's in your land and ask every jummah to kill kafirs/shias/ahmadis. You did it yourself. Stop asking others to excuse you for the pain that you are suffering from your own cause.

Contra,

As I suggested to bro Solomon,

Do not cr@p a happy thread.

Open another and let's throw a lot of $hit around. OK

But please forgive me to request you humbly bumbly, spare this thread maharaj. Please spare this thread.

Thanking you 1000 times.

Are there any Jews in Pakistan ...or were there ever any?
@Pakistanisage

Yes there were Jews in Pakistan and even today there are Jews living in Pakistan.

In High School, one of my closest friends was Jewish. Later his family moved to Israel and I lost touch with him. Two years ago I found my High School buddy on Internet. It was so wonderful to get in touch with my friend after 45 years.

He later moved to the US and has been living in Tampa Florida. We are now Facebook friends and talk on phone frequently.

I am sure there are still Jewish people living in Pakistan, although unfortunately under the present political environment they hided their Jewish identity.

Yes there were Jews in Pakistan and even today there are Jews living in Pakistan.

In High School, one of my closest friends was Jewish. Later his family moved to Israel and I lost touch with him. Two years ago I found my High School buddy on Internet. It was so wonderful to get in touch with my friend after 45 years.

He later moved to the US and has been living in Tampa Florida. We are now Facebook friends and talk on phone frequently.

I am sure there are still Jewish people living in Pakistan, although unfortunately under the present political environment they hided their Jewish identity.

Yes. Couple of our close friend Jewish families did the same.

Pakistan -to- Israel -to-USA

We are still in touch as well.

When Ayatullahs grabbed Iran

Many Bahais and Jewish Iranians came and stayed in Pakistan for many many years. Married their kids into Pakistani Muslim families.

Then just like the rest of degree holder/professional Pakistanis moved to Australia, UK and mostly to USA.

peace

^ yeah not many people know about this :P shame.

^ yeah not many people know about this :P shame.

Yaar.

We as a nation have worked very very hard for the last 30 years to spread the message to the rest of the world that our country Pakistan is a very very tolerant and inviting place, especially for the Christians and Jews, but we have also shown great tolerance for Ahmadis, Shias and different varieties of Sunnis.

But then we should not be discussing this in a happy thread.

Agreed?

Yaar.

We as a nation have worked very very hard for the last 30 years to spread the message to the rest of the world that our country Pakistan is a very very tolerant and inviting place, especially for the Christians and Jews, but we have also shown great tolerance for Ahmadis, Shias and different varieties of Sunnis.

But then we should not be discussing this in a happy thread.

Agreed?
Haha, i like your sarcasm. Agreed, i did not bring up the issue of sectarian strife or Ethnoreligious violence, i believe that honor falls on the unofficial Israeli ambassador to PDF: Solomon2.

Yes. Couple of our close friend Jewish families did the same.

Pakistan -to- Israel -to-USA

We are still in touch as well.

When Ayatullahs grabbed Iran

Many Bahais and Jewish Iranians came and stayed in Pakistan for many many years. Married their kids into Pakistani Muslim families.

Then just like the rest of degree holder/professional Pakistanis moved to Australia, UK and mostly to USA.

peace

My Jewish friend's two sisters had married Pakistani guys and converted to Islam. When the family moved to Israel the girls naturally decided to stay behind in Pakistan with their families ( meaning with their husbands and Children ). Those kids are now grown men and are Muslim with Muslim names. I am sure it hurts them when they hear negative stuff in the Blogosphere about Jewish people because their Uncles and aunts are Jewish.

We should be careful with our words so as to not hurt anyone's feelings. We Muslims and Jews Worship the same God - The God of Adam, Abraham, Jesus and Muhammad ( peace be upon them ).

A very happy Hanukkah to all Jewish posters on PDF and to everyone else who wants to participate in this festival of lights.

Hanukkah in Modern Hebrew; a transliteration also romanized as Chanukah or Chanukkah), also known as the Festival of Lights and Feast of Dedication, is an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Holy Temple (the Second Temple) in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt against the Seleucid Empire of the 2nd century BCE.

Hanukkah is observed for eight nights and days, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, which may occur at any time from late November to late December in the Gregorian calendar.

This year it is being celebrated beginning at sundown on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013.

The festival is observed by the kindling of the lights of a unique candelabrum, the nine-branched Menorah or Hanukiah, one additional light on each night of the holiday, progressing to eight on the final night. The typical Menorah consists of eight branches with an additional raised branch.

The extra light is called a shamash (Hebrew: שמש‎, "attendant") and is given a distinct location, usually above or below the rest. The purpose of the shamash is to have a light available for practical use, as using the Hanukkah lights themselves for purposes other than publicizing and meditating upon Hanukkah is forbidden

Read the rest on wiki if you are interested:

Hanukkah - Wiki
Hanukkah-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom