What's new

Habib Jailb: India and Pakistan can be mine,but America is the wall between

As much as people hate American - We cannot forget the help that US provided to Pakistan after 1947.If it was not for American I highly doubt we would have survived as independent nation.We would have probably merged back with India.Without America - We Could not develop strong large effective and powerful Armed Forces.

Also Indians should not be under the foolish notion that they are not as affected by America, and after reading this poem you have to yet again decry "Who o why, Pakistan" then that itself is a testament to how short sighted your thinking has become which in turn serves the United States.

Anyway, the point of posting this was not Indian Bhai-chara - this comparison is more true now between Afghanistan and Pakistan - the discussion last night on Kashif Abbasi's program was about Drones. Pakistan has been reduced to dust on real level... Our people on a parliamentary scale are requesting America to please stop attacking us with drones and raids. Whereas they should be saying "Dude we'll blow **** up, if you come here again".

This is worse than saying Drone attacks are unacceptable, which we used to say before.

The point is what Jalib is trying to say, not about how his words are used in the current context.

And yes, we are not and were not as affected by America, to the point of being attacked by them till Russians intervened.

All the brouhaha by Pakistan of India being allied with America is hogwash, Pkaistan still is much more influenced by US than India ever was.

I don't know if it makes sense to many, but the fact is, if precisely analyzed, the real wall is China.

I don't know if it makes sense to many, but the fact is, if precisely analyzed, the real wall is China.

Except that China has never arm twisted us or meddled in our domestic affairs and have stood by Pakistan when we needed them the most. In fact, Habib Jalib liked the Chinese Model so much that he, in one of his satirical poems "Mein ne ussse yeh kaha (I said to Him)" tried to expose the hypocrisy of the Pakistani Politicians when they praise China as our Friends and yet refuse to adopt all the Good things about China, including their system of Governance that made them a Superpower.:

'Cheeen apna yaar hai,

Usss pe jaaan nisar hai,

Paar wahan jo hai nizam

Usss taraf na jaio '

English :

"China is our friend,

We'd sacrifice our lives for China

But the System of Governance they have,

Don't go for it...wave it Goodbye from afar'

Back
Top Bottom