What's new

Gunmen kill anti-polio health worker in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province Pakistan

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Pakistani police say gunmen attacked an anti-polio vaccination center in the country’s northwest and killed a medic on duty, then fled the scene.

Police official Raheem Khan says another technician was also wounded in Saturday’s attack on the outskirts of Peshawar, the capital of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

The health facility is run by the party of cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan and authorities are using it to vaccinate children against polio.

No group claimed responsibility for the attack, but militants have killed several polio workers and police protecting them in recent months.

Pakistan is one of only three countries where the polio virus is still endemic. Militants oppose vaccination against polio and consider such campaigns a cover for spying. They also claim the vaccine is intended to make Muslim boys sterile.

Gunmen kill anti-polio health worker in Pakistan - The Washington Post

Pakistan is one of only three countries where the polio virus is still endemic. Militants oppose vaccination against polio and consider such campaigns a cover for spying. They also claim the vaccine is intended to make Muslim boys sterile.

How can somebody be so brainwashed???
These taliban men are pushing thousands of kids into a well of unmitigated catastrophe.

@Leader @Alpha1
your thoughts pls....

How can somebody be so brainwashed???
These taliban men are pushing thousands of kids into a well of unmitigated catastrophe.

@Leader @Alpha1
your thoughts pls....

conspiracy theories what else. the mullah of madrissah take children and brain wash them that they polio drops will make children infertile for reproductivity and that is the yahood-o-nasara wants to destroy the muslim population growth. average kids per mother is still 12 in KP.
The conspiracy sells, believe me.

secondly there are hitman element. you can hire a gun to kill for 15-40 k with an afghan attached to it. who would kill and flee for 2-3 months into afghanistan.

its sickening how we cannot even stop it... I fear that it will compromise the future of the kids.

secondly there are hitman element. you can hire a gun to kill for 15-40 k with an afghan attached to it. who would kill and flee for 2-3 months into afghanistan.

its sickening how we cannot even stop it... I fear that it will compromise the future of the kids.
Then closeness to the border should be a reason why such attacks are more prevalent in the north-western parts of Pakistan.

conspiracy theories what else. the mullah of madrissah take children and brain wash them that they polio drops will make children infertile for reproductivity and that is the yahood-o-nasara wants to destroy the muslim population growth. average kids per mother is still 12 in KP.

The Same Mullahs Brain wash people in the name of Jihad & send ppl across the border ( India)& people support them in Jihad cause,,,isnt it .,,
Just two sides of coins,,,

Good Mullah, Bad Mullah.. If same brainwash is done against human being they are good Mullah, If they do the same for Pakistan they are bad Mullah..

Then closeness to the border should be a reason why such attacks are more prevalent in the north-western parts of Pakistan.

Like I said there have been tension even in Lahore, as polio drive is now conducted throughout the year, people get fed up. and information in lower classes is exactly this that it is to stop population growth. hence, non compliance, violent, not causing death, but still violent incidents have taken place in lahore as well. but in KP the situation is worst due to warzone.

Like I said there have been tension even in Lahore, as polio drive is now conducted throughout the year, people get fed up. and information in lower classes is exactly this that it is to stop population growth. hence, non compliance, violent, not causing death, but still violent incidents have taken place in lahore as well. but in KP the situation is worst due to warzone.
I must confess I wasnt aware of such incidents happening in that part of the world.
Through you and through this article that I read yesterday i learnt a thing or 2 about such incidents.
Now as I read more I learnt even Imran khan has received threats from militants for supporting the cause.
And that Vaccination campaigns with international ties came under suspicion by militants after a local doctor ran a fake program in 2011 to help the CIA track down Osama bin Laden....
Such atrocities .....all in the name of religion!!!

I must confess I wasnt aware of such incidents happening in that part of the world.
Through you and through this article that I read yesterday i learnt a thing or 2 about such incidents.
Now as I read more I learnt even Imran khan has received threats from militants for supporting the cause.
And that Vaccination campaigns with international ties came under suspicion by militants after a local doctor ran a fake program in 2011 to help the CIA track down Osama bin Laden....
Such atrocities .....all in the name of religion!!!

Yes that Dr Shakeel Afridi incident too accelerated the situation, which I must tell you was existing prior to the OBL incident but wasnt really violent, just rumours and gossip stuff.

Yes, he has received threats but is likely to continue,its his responsibility now, oper say pathan hai, jo damag mien aa jay ker kay chorta hai..

Yes, he has received threats but is likely to continue,its his responsibility now, oper say pathan hai, jo damag mien aa jay ker kay chorta hai..
Lol.
Yes thats the impression he gave me after i watched his video yesterday(the one you had uploaded on SKMCH thread).

Lol.
Yes thats the impression he gave me after i watched his video yesterday(the one you had uploaded on SKMCH thread).

probably thats why he has lived 3 different public lives so far !!

How expensive would it be to install a camera at each polio vaccination center?

If necessary, we can set up a fund to collect donations here.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom