What's new

Gujrat Muslims' massacar supportd by Govt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheer scale of the events preclude his inclusion for a start.

Yes, I will agree to disagree with you.

The world has become small due to the internet for massacres like what Stalin and Hitler did to go un-noticed unless you live in Burma or maybe China or in some country in africa and hence even 1000 people dying in India will shock anybody.

I have the greatest regards for India for what it has achieved in last 20 years democratically but in my heart and many more like me Gujarat will be a blot and a genocide, however I respect your view if you feel that it was a small race riot of no consequence.

Regards

The world has become small due to the internet for massacres like what Stalin and Hitler did to go un-noticed unless you live in Burma or maybe China or in some country in africa and hence even 1000 people dying in India will shock anybody.

I have the greatest regards for India for what it has achieved in last 20 years democratically but in my heart and many more like me Gujarat will be a blot and a genocide, however I respect your view if you feel that it was a small race riot of no consequence.

Regards

And I have the highest regards for your country and you.

Pl. don't put words in my mouth. I never said that the riots were inconsequential. They were a big blot on India which will take long to erase.

You are also right that it was unacceptable and must have been avoided by the government/administration. AFAIK I never contested any of this.

I only contested the usage of the term "genocide" and stand by that.

Thanks.

Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

While precise definition varies among genocide scholars, a legal definition is found in the 1948 United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. Article 2, of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."[1]

I think it does fit under Genocide description.

This is not the First when ever such thing happend in INDIA they always supported by the Govt. and they always fail to stop this how many people they send to court and they got punishments None ?

Lets not tar these criminal and abominable acts with the same brush used for the acts of Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot/Mongols and such worthies!

Why not add Modi's name to the list of theabove distinguished gentleman and we can agree to disagree.

Regards

dear AN,

if you talk about someone like hitler/stalin etc., can u explain why the political result of modi is different then all these distinguished gentlemen?

why is he repeated in the state as CM? if i m not wrong, for the 3rd time with about 2/3rd majority.

originally posted by A N
Lets not tar these criminal and abominable acts with the same brush used for the acts of Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot/Mongols and such worthies!

Why not add Modi's name to the list of theabove distinguished gentleman and we can agree to disagree.

at the eyes of AN, i think george w bush is also be listed in this list. he is acting with good plan, US army is killing thousands of muslim people (many of them might be simple non-criminal civilians) and with the political support. i disagree.

How does Gujarat not full fill all the parameters of Genocide

It was well planned.
People were targeted for their religion
The Police looked the other way.
The Politicians in power guided the riotors or told the Police not to interfere.

Regards

It wasnt planned, it was only a reaction.

In india, most riots take place due to religion.

first of, the police were bribed. Even if they wanted to do something, they were not capable of handling something of this extent. it was an almost large scale riot. The police in india are equipped with WW2 vintage rifles and are alarmingly under-equipped.

u cant blame all the politicians. the army was given shoot to kill orders which they "used" on hindus and muslims alike. The army stabilized the situation in only a few days.

It was something like the riots in france. People running amok burning cars. Except, there was more death.

U can blame the politicians all u want. In india thats what they are for. They dont see the fact that the country is filled with poverty and unemployed youth with anti social tendencies. U dont see a business man wearing a suit and running brandishing a sword above his head.

anyways FYI, such riots are happening everyday in india, though not in such a large scale.

The riots are a bad memory. rather than playing the blame game, we have to ensure it never happens again by giving public awarness.

Oh, one more thing. the riots took place immediately after a devastating earthquake in the same area. So, the condition(mental and financial) of the people(especially the poor) did not suit the situation that arouse.

Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Coalition Against Genocide is a coalition of about 40 organisations mostly based in the United States and Canada, including, among others, the Campaign to Stop Funding Hate[1] and Alliance for a Secular and Democratic South Asia, as well as individuals, who aim to respond to the 2002 Gujarat violence, which they refer to as the "Gujarat genocide", in order to "demand accountability and justice."[2] The coalition of organisations protested against the visit of Narendra Modi, the Chief Minister of Gujarat, to the United States in March 2005.

I think you are sensitive to the word genocide as you feel it shows India in poor light and compares it to Darfur however to us in Europe Gujarat will always be a genocide carried out largely by fanatics on both sides. Riots to us means when people go bersek after a foot ball match.

Regards

:cheers:

Please tell me one such incident after the world war II in UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia.

Regards

Ha. This is what i call double standards.

Firstly, u call us Third World Country. Then u expect us to have governance, laws etc of a First World country.

According to the words of Carlos Mencia(a stand up comedian) If u want me to treat you as an EQUAL, I will give u that. If u want me to treat u as INFERIOR. I will give u that too. But dont f***ing mix the two. That pisses me off.
He was speaking to a handicapped person on a wheel chair(imagination).

however to us in Europe Gujarat will always be a genocide carried out largely by fanatics on both sides.
A "genocide" carried out by TWO sides is called WAR ATROCITIES, which actually makes no sense cause there is no war. Dont get the two mixed up.

It was a RIOT that got out of hand of those who instigated it. The politicians are to blame.

The Mumbai riots in 1993 was worse than this.

Lastly, Dont even compare British history to India's. We have suffered more wars than any nation on the planet, lost the most number of people and have still overcome difficulties that your country cannot cope with.

Did u know that after the Mumbai blasts that killed 250 people in the local trains. Guess what? The same local trains ran the same route using different coaches the immediate NEXT day.

During the blast near the Gate Way of India, Mumbai, a lot of people died. but people started walking around that place the next day as though nothing happened. There was only the heaps of flowers which reminded people as to what took place.

But, look what happened after 9/11. The americans ground all flights as though expecting another attack.
I dont know after how long the brits managed to get onto their daily life after the london tube bombings.

Which means we are a resilient lot.
Which basically means the Gujaratis are a happy and prosperous lot. So, leave them alone. They wanna forget it, we wanna forget it. The rest is upto you and hope the guilty get punished.

It wasnt planned, it was only a reaction.

Modi government is involved. so dont call it only the reaction.

first of, the police were bribed. Even if they wanted to do something, they were not capable of handling something of this extent. it was an almost large scale riot. The police in india are equipped with WW2 vintage rifles and are alarmingly under-equipped..

who bribed the police ??? Indeed the extremist Hindus, the government of Modi

the army was given shoot to kill orders which they "used" on hindus and muslims alike. The army stabilized the situation in only a few days.

Army was given shoot to kill order only after many Muslism were horrible burnt and slaughter by extremist Hindus.

The army was given the order beacuse the government knew that Muslims would react to the killings and hence the Army was called just to save the Hindus.

Its such a shame that in India in Muslim majority areas whenever even if a very minor incident happens, the Indian government put curfew there just to block Muslims from protest while in Gujrat, the govt deliberatly let the Muslism killed and afterward orderd shoot to kill just to save Hindus.

It was something like the riots in france. People running amok burning cars. Except, there was more death.

In France the people were not backed by the Government so please dont not compare that with Gujrat riots.

wow reaction against innocent Muslims in Gujrat by the Government and in its reaction the GOVERNMENT burnt Muslims alive.

The accusation against th Modi govt it did not control the public reaction after Godhra carnage the things went out of control other parties have accused Modi government of supporting rioters.

Modi government is involved. so dont call it only the reaction.

who bribed the police ??? Indeed the extremist Hindus, the government of Modi

Army was given shoot to kill order only after many Muslism were horrible burnt and slaughter by extremist Hindus.

The army was given the order beacuse the government knew that Muslims would react to the killings and hence the Army was called just to save the Hindus.

Its such a shame that in India in Muslim majority areas whenever even if a very minor incident happens, the Indian government put curfew there just to block Muslims from protest while in Gujrat, the govt deliberatly let the Muslism killed and afterward orderd shoot to kill just to save Hindus.

In France the people were not backed by the Government so please dont not compare that with Gujrat riots.

I cant argue with u. U are plainly letting your EMOTIONS speak. I guess u are disturbed by the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom