What's new

Gül: Turkey will not accept Iran possessing nuclear weapons

***** please, They've provided shelter for the baby-killer, the PKK leader who currently rots in a Turkish prison. We've almost gone to war with Syria in twice. You sound like we've been eternal friends.

It's just Davutoğlu's "zero policy" BS which back-fired
Exactly.
@Abii

Turkey and Syria were not 'friends'. It was just a mutual relationship. This is not like Turkey-Pakistan relations. These two were providing weapons for each other before they even became countries!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dare gul to say something about Israel nukes... oh wait he can't.. he couldn't even get an apology from them...

So, no complaints about Israel having nukes then?

Despite the Syria row, however, Gül insisted that any solution to the dispute over Iran's nuclear program should involve the eradication of all nuclear weapons from the region and be based on a realistic approach that should take into account how Iran perceives the external threat. Israel's security must also be guaranteed.

“We are more realistic, and what we need is a more comprehensive solution and approach to this problem. What matters here is to guarantee the security of Israel in the region, and once that is guaranteed, then the next step must be to eradicate all such weapons from the region. This can be done only through peace,” Gül said in the interview, which took place in October.

How about reading it first, asking questions later?

How about reading it first, asking questions later?

Yes, but why make the call now?

Why not several decades ago, when Israel acquired nuclear weapons?

Israel has had nukes in the region since 1967, why is it only a problem when Iran does it?

Yes, but why make the call now?

Why not several decades ago, when Israel acquired nuclear weapons?

Israel has had nukes in the region since 1967, why is it only a problem when Iran does it?

Because it increases the possibility of a nuclear war, thus threatening the security of Turkey as well.

“Turkey will not accept a neighboring country possessing weapons not possessed by Turkey herself

seems like this one is crying for not having the chocolate(nuclear know-how), and is unhappy that Iranians are having it.

seems like this one is crying for not having the chocolate(nuclear know-how), and is unhappy that Iranians are having it.

Our conventional weapons are just as destructive and we are more than happy to rely on them.

Turkey doesn't need nuclear weapons, we just don't want them in the neighborhood.

Ḥashshāshīn;3764633 said:
Exactly.
@Abii

Turkey and Syria were not 'friends'. It was just a mutual relationship. This is not like Turkey-Pakistan relations. These two were providing weapons for each other before they even became countries!

"We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow."--any guess who said this, the relationships are always shaped by national and self interest,and these interests are not perpetual and keep changing, in fact, there is quite a descriptive history of these changing overnight.

Our conventional weapons are just as destructive

was just trying to add a little sarcasm to the debate, nothing else.But, be careful of your present govt, they are engaging in lot of rhetoric now a days, turkey might end up losing few allies and some becoming skeptic of turkey's power projection.

you have a strong and powerful armed forces, Indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

"That one" is the president of Turkish Republic, regardless what people like you here believes, leaders of neighbouring countries are taking his words seriously.

He is just warning and saying: "We might obtain the 'chocolate' and turn it into a 'chocolate cake' in no time if necessary"

"That one" is the president of Turkish Republic, regardless what people like you here believes, leaders of neighbouring countries are taking his words seriously.

He is just warning and saying: "We might obtain the 'chocolate' and turn it into a 'chocolate cake' in no time if necessary"

was just trying to add a little sarcasm to the debate, nothing else.But, be careful of your present govt, they are engaging in lot of rhetoric now a days, turkey might end up losing few allies and some becoming skeptic of turkey's power projection.

this was my previous comment, and I'm repeating this here again.

you are talking about nuclear weapons here- the weapons which hold the power to destroy anything and everything, so, when turkey ends up with nukes,believe me, you will have lesser allies than you have now.

"We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow."--any guess who said this, the relationships are always shaped by national and self interest,and these interests are not perpetual and keep changing, in fact, there is quite a descriptive history of these changing overnight.
it reminded me of this:
582265_10151211668921840_1860894850_n.jpg

this was my previous comment, and I'm repeating this here again.

you are talking about nuclear weapons here- the weapons which hold the power to destroy anything and everything, so, when turkey ends up with nukes,believe me, you will have lesser allies than you have now.

Yeah, and i added a little bit more sarcasm, since we are not going to make chocolate cakes...

Turkey will not end up with nukes, nor Iran.

Yeah, and i added a little bit more sarcasm, since we are not going to make chocolate cakes...

Turkey will not end up with nukes, nor Iran.

than why such a rhetoric from the president? anyone among other ministers could have made that statement, such rhetoric's should not be done by a president of the nation.

than why such a rhetoric from the president? anyone among other ministers could have made that statement, such rhetoric's should not be done by a president of the nation.

Yeah, it would make a lot more sense if minister of education said that instead of the head of state.

Yeah, it would make a lot more sense if minister of education said that instead of the head of state.

minister of foreign affairs could have done it, ministry of defense is another example, secretary of the state-not sure whether turkey has a state secretary, adviser to the prime minister, national security adviser could have done it.

Back
Top Bottom