What's new

Govt to legalise 2.8 million Bengalis in Pakistan

Govt to legalise 2.8 million Bengalis in Pakistan
Pakistan
by Muhammad Irfan | Published on October 12, 2017 (Edited October 12, 2017)
640x361xbengalis.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dVpqkZcEYB.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
ISLAMABAD – The government is preparing for legislation to give legal status to more than 2.8 million Bengalis living in Pakistan since 1971, reported Samaa TV on Thursday.

The Parliamentary Committee on the National Reverification Programme (NRVP) has recommended the government to bring a constitutional amendment in the parliament to grant citizenship to Bengalis.

The amendments will be made in the Pakistan Citizens Act, paving the way for issuance of CNICs to nearly 2.8 million members of Pakistani’s Bengali community, of which 1.5 million living in Karachi.

The committee, at a meeting with Deputy Speaker National Assembly Murtaza Javed in the chair also discussed the issue of more than 100,000 blocked CNICs.

The Bengali community is settled mainly in Karachi since decades. Majority of them are those who chose to stay here when East Pakistan became Bangladesh.

They are scattered in about 105 settlements across Karachi, including Orangi Town, Ibrahim Hyderi, Bilal Colony, Ziaul Haq Colony, Moosa Colony, Machar Colony and Lyari’s Bengali Para.

Almost every Bengali living here demands to be recognised as a Pakistani.
Nice move! Bring those Beharis as well who are living in Bangal, and never accepted Bangali citizenship. True Pakistanis.

I actually think that anyone whos has been living here for over 2 or 3 decades and their kids should be given citizenship. They have been here for such a long time and there is little to no chance of them going away, so might as well make them legal.
Yes. We will take them with their country. :)

I can tell you these people are not going anywhere so better accept them as citizens ........ I recently made a trip to Baboo Sar top (a place at a height of 13500 ft and three hours drive from Naran) .......... there were quite a few Bengali families there :woot:, enjoying the West Pakistan scenery and beauty. @El Sidd
:closed:

its Okay if parliament come up with assimilation policy bcoz Bengali are not local people. they should be asked to stay in interior regions of all provinces for at least 50 years for citizenship. their should be total ban on them for practicing anything bengali. if someone violate the rules send him to bhangi para of Karachi again without any citizenship.

its Okay if parliament come up with assimilation policy bcoz Bengali are not local people. they should be asked to stay in interior regions of all provinces for at least 50 years for citizenship.

Otherwise fk of to Bangladesh or your Bangali para.

excuse me?
once they are Pakistani citizens they can live anywhere they want and choose any way of life they prefer.
There is no racism in Pakistan. Bengalis are not traitors but bangdshiz are and Pakistan should have no diplomatic relations with bangdsh.

Nice move! Bring those Beharis as well who are living in Bangal, and never accepted Bangali citizenship. True Pakistanis.

Yes. We will take them with their country. :)

I think Rohingyas are getting a new country soon enough InshAllah....
The East Pakistanis left over in Bangdsh is first and foremost their own internal issue and secondly its too late to have them deported from there.
Not happening unless you think these Biharis can relocate to the newly proposed Rohingya state.

excuse me?
once they are Pakistani citizens they can live anywhere they want and choose any way of life they prefer.
There is no racism in Pakistan. Bengalis are not traitors but bangdshiz are and Pakistan should have no diplomatic relations with bangdsh.

Excused.

That's why i asked for 50 years assimilation project before citizenship, They are not local to Pakistan..

Otherwise they can go fk themselves in Arabian sea along with those parliamentarians who suggested this crap.

Excused.

That's why i asked for 50 years assimilation project before citizenship, They are not local to Pakistan..

Otherwise they can go fk themselves in Arabian sea along with those parliamentarians who suggested this crap.

lol they have been living here for 40 years. they did not land here yesterday my friend.

how long does it take to assimilate in Pakistani society? do indulge please

once again these are not Bongladeshiz but Bengali Muslims of once East Pakistan. Pretty patriotic some of them

Because Bengalis are:

1. Not involved in suicide attacks in Pakistan
2. Not claim half of Pakistan as their own
3. Don't have any real love for India or Pakistan's enemies
4. Can't be sent back to BD and hence it is better to give them nationality unlike Afghans who can be sent back

Hope it makes it easy to understand for all opposing this move.

That's not a justification, Pakistan is for Pakistanis only, If you want to give citizenship than setup the requisites and criteria for it and anyone who fulfill the requirements should be given citizenship.

lol they have been living here for 40 years. they did not land here yesterday my friend.

They lived here as illegal immigrants only in some confined area's of Karachi called Bengali para.. they are totally separate people even in Karachi, only interested in their menial jobs..

how long does it take to assimilate in Pakistani society? do indulge please

For me they should leave whatever bengali they have with them, lungi, language etc. and speak Urdu along with regional language, They should be divided between all provinces and should spend at least 50 years in rural areas of Pakistani provinces.
once again these are not Bongladeshiz but Bengali Muslims of once East Pakistan. Pretty patriotic some of them

most of them are economic migrants, who migrated in 80's and 90's.

I totally believe in humanity and Islamic brotherhood, but it does not mean that i should fk up my country and land for the sake of others, i don't want another Bengali Nationalist party in Pakistan..

Last edited:
They lived here as illegal immigrants only in some confined area's of Karachi called Bhangi para..

For me they should leave whatever bengali they have with them, lungi, language etc. and speak Urdu along with regional language, They should be divided between all provinces and should spend at least 50 years in rural areas of Pakistani provinces.

most of them are economic migrants, who migrated in 80's and 90's.

i know most of them migrated post Dhaka debacle. Mostly till 1977 or something. We recognised bandsh only in 1976. So there are complications.

Urdu is the national language in Pakistan and i think they speak that. Ideally it will make sense to have some internal migrations in Pakistan to not cause another MQM scenario so i agree with that. practicality needs to be worked out.

Their assimilation is respecting the neighboring culture speaking the language and contributing fairly and legally to the society.

Mostly till

After.

Ideally it will make sense to have some internal migrations in Pakistan to not cause another MQM scenario so i agree with that. practicality needs to be worked out.

Thanks for understanding.

Their assimilation is respecting the neighboring culture speaking the language and contributing fairly and legally to the society.

No, leave everything bengali and be a Sindhi, Punjabi, Baloch, or whatever.

After.

Thanks for understanding.

No, leave everything bengali and be a Sindhi, Punjabi, Baloch, or whatever.

Pakistani culture is very vibrant and Bengalis only add to that.

As far as Bangdshiz are concerned they are traitors and any resemblance to them should be shunned from public domain. I think you want to make this point.

Pakistani culture is very vibrant and Bengalis only add to that.

As far as Bangdshiz are concerned they are traitors and any resemblance to them should be shunned from public domain. I think you want to make this point.

No, i don't want foreign bengali-ism in Pakistan. they should leave everything bengali and be Sindhi, Punjabi, Baloch, Pashtun etc from now on. stop eating machi chawal, and move to daal roti, saag, Sindhi Birayni, nihari, paye etc. whatever they like.

Bangladeshis of 1971 were surly traitors.

No, i don't want foreign bengali-ism in Pakistan. they should leave everything bengali and be Sindhi, Punjabi, Baloch, Pashtun etc from now on.

Bangladeshis of 1971 were surly traitors.

They will be all of that once they become Pakistanis.
People have evolved past such tags honestly and they can be residents of Sindh, Balochistan Punjab or KPK.

bangshiz after 1971 every single child born and those who participated in making bangdshiz are traitors to Pakistan.

please differentiate between racism and patriotism it will be very helpful and a big help for anyone reading your posts.

bangshiz after 1971 every single child born and those who participated in making bangdshiz are traitors to Pakistan.

How they can be traitor to Pakistan when they have nothing to do with Pakistan after 71?

They will be all of that once they become Pakistanis.

They should adopt this first, only then they should be given citizenship..

please differentiate between racism and patriotism it will be very helpful and a big help for anyone reading your posts.

Ok call me racist or whatever you like, i don't want any bengali shit here, integrate or fk off.

if they want to remain Bengali they should be declared illegal migrant and should be kicked out to bengal. or at best they should be given refugee status if Bengali govt accept them as Bangladeshi citizens.

Last edited:
chalen aap is khabar ko us khabar se mila kar parhen....jo Rohingya leader in Karachi had given.... jesa sonay ka pahaar middle east me wese ek pahaar Myanmar-Bangdsh kay paas bhi hai... kuch samajh rahe hai ya urdu me bataon?
Janab baat to thik hai app ki , lakin ye phaar humain na khain lay bathay ,,,,,,
jaysay @Max nay kaha , me bhi koi new bangali national party nahi chahat ,mujhay yaqeen hai app bhi nahi chaho gay, en logo nay aik baar hum ko khanjar para hai abb dosri baar nahi.
Me nay ju tejvez di hai wo bohat simple oor humanitarian hai , ju abhi ess kabil hai usay foran do CNIC oor ju nahi hai ussya 10 years du , baqi Jaysay @Max , nay kaha oor me nay bhi kaha integration is very important.
En ko saray Pakistan main phila du, after they get CNIC............ They can be Pakistani (Punjabi , Sindhi, Baluchi , etc)Bengalis but they are not allowed to be bangalis........... me aik new Bongla-dish nahi chata Pakistan main.

Back
Top Bottom