What's new

Govt to legalise 2.8 million Bengalis in Pakistan

Pakistan
by Muhammad Irfan | Published on October 12, 2017 (Edited October 12, 2017)
640x361xbengalis.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dVpqkZcEYB.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
ISLAMABAD – The government is preparing for legislation to give legal status to more than 2.8 million Bengalis living in Pakistan since 1971, reported Samaa TV on Thursday.

The Parliamentary Committee on the National Reverification Programme (NRVP) has recommended the government to bring a constitutional amendment in the parliament to grant citizenship to Bengalis.

The amendments will be made in the Pakistan Citizens Act, paving the way for issuance of CNICs to nearly 2.8 million members of Pakistani’s Bengali community, of which 1.5 million living in Karachi.

The committee, at a meeting with Deputy Speaker National Assembly Murtaza Javed in the chair also discussed the issue of more than 100,000 blocked CNICs.

The Bengali community is settled mainly in Karachi since decades. Majority of them are those who chose to stay here when East Pakistan became Bangladesh.

They are scattered in about 105 settlements across Karachi, including Orangi Town, Ibrahim Hyderi, Bilal Colony, Ziaul Haq Colony, Moosa Colony, Machar Colony and Lyari’s Bengali Para.

Almost every Bengali living here demands to be recognised as a Pakistani.
:smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:Well done Pakistan,in fact we should learn from your Humanitarian efforts. You all suffered beyond comprehension for our Afghan brothers,as well. Time to pay back in Kashmir.

What happened to the so called UMMAH and being an Islamic nation? Pakistan should except all muslims regardless of race or country they are from.
No thank you. I may think Pakistan should be a haven for South Asia's Muslims, but there is a limit to that kindness.

Besides, the sooner Pakistanis learn that the rest of the so called ummah don't give a **** about Pakistan, and talk shit about Pakistanis behind their backs, the better.

No thank you. I may think Pakistan should be a haven for South Asia's Muslims, but there is a limit to that kindness.

Besides, the sooner Pakistanis learn that the rest of the so called ummah don't give a **** about Pakistan, and talk shit about Pakistanis behind their backs, the better.
Why?

If you want people from countries like bangladesh,Afghanistan,Burma.

Why not Somalia,Niger,Mali? Ummah ka chumma ? Only extends to ummah of asia?

I can tell you these people are not going anywhere so better accept them as citizens ........ I recently made a trip to Baboo Sar top (a place at a height of 13500 ft and three hours drive from Naran) .......... there were quite a few Bengali families there :woot:, enjoying the West Pakistan scenery and beauty. @El Sidd

Disastrous move, we already have a population crisis. They need to be repatriated immediately, almost all illegal Bengalis arrived in 1980's-1990's. Their population grew so fast that they were about to outnumber Sindhis in Karachi, Benazir Bhutto tried to deport them but she was struck down by pressure of religious parties and the hostile attitude of Bangladesh.

If you're talking about Bengalis that fled to Pakistan in 1971, they are already legal and are now integrated citizens of Pakistan.

Illegal Bengali immigrants came during the 1980's and crossed the 2.5 million mark by 1995.

Agreed, I also feel those bangalis who came after 1974 should not be given any legal status because Bangladesh is treating trapped Pakistanis very badly. We should exchange 2 million bangalis with less then 1 million Pakistanis trapped in Bangladesh.

WTF ,,,,,,,,,,,, You got to be kidding me,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Fak what a joke this is............ These Bangalis are illegal migrants , they came after 74 , all who left in Pakistan after 71 or came in Pakistan right after 71 to till 73 got there Nationality till 73.
This will be the biggest Joke with Pakistan..................
@El Sidd , @DESERT FIGHTER , @Imran Khan , @Kaptaan , @django

Someone have to file case in High or Supreme Court to stop this none sense.

There are over 1.5 Billion Muslims , If we only take 25% of them ,just imagine what will happen with Pakistan, we are already over 200Million.........................
What happened to the so called UMMAH and being an Islamic nation? Pakistan should except all muslims regardless of race or country they are from.

I too know few families , some even far away from Karachi and Islamabad , They all were here before 71 and they sided with Pakistan in 71 .
I am strongly against refuges given citizenships when there countries are coursing Pakistan day in day out. I had enough of brotherhood .
Pakistan is for Pakistanis only.................
For other people let me give them some history listen, Afghnis killed our First PM, they even tried invasion on Pakistan in 60s , they killed almost all those Muslims who migrated to Afghanistan when Sub-continent was under Raj. We are (Pakistanis) enemies for Afghnis from centuries , way before Islam and we will remain one, Don't forget what Afghan President said "Pakistan is not a Brotherly Country". List is too long If some one like to look at it.
Let me also say here , I am in favour of Immigration Program , All those who can contribute to Pakistan and Pakistani society more then welcome in Pakistan , regardless of Race or Religion.
I can show you bangali officers who remained loyal to Pak... residing in Rawalpindi and Islamabad today!

Why arent they in the same situation?

This bleeding heart lives in canada or whatever and wants a poor Pakistan to keep looking after crime lovin illegal refugees!

Pakistan
by Muhammad Irfan | Published on October 12, 2017 (Edited October 12, 2017)
640x361xbengalis.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dVpqkZcEYB.webp

Facebook
Twitter
Reddit
ISLAMABAD – The government is preparing for legislation to give legal status to more than 2.8 million Bengalis living in Pakistan since 1971, reported Samaa TV on Thursday.

The Parliamentary Committee on the National Reverification Programme (NRVP) has recommended the government to bring a constitutional amendment in the parliament to grant citizenship to Bengalis.

The amendments will be made in the Pakistan Citizens Act, paving the way for issuance of CNICs to nearly 2.8 million members of Pakistani’s Bengali community, of which 1.5 million living in Karachi.

The committee, at a meeting with Deputy Speaker National Assembly Murtaza Javed in the chair also discussed the issue of more than 100,000 blocked CNICs.

The Bengali community is settled mainly in Karachi since decades. Majority of them are those who chose to stay here when East Pakistan became Bangladesh.

They are scattered in about 105 settlements across Karachi, including Orangi Town, Ibrahim Hyderi, Bilal Colony, Ziaul Haq Colony, Moosa Colony, Machar Colony and Lyari’s Bengali Para.

Almost every Bengali living here demands to be recognised as a Pakistani.

Well the problem is these are undocumented citizens of Pakistan who have been discovered during the census. They have been living here for the past 40 years and are basically east Pakistanis.

I was briefed of their plight during a recent chance meeting with a police officer who basically said

" Sir ye reh rahe hai per ajtak inko zarorat nahi pari documentation ki ghurbat ki wajah se "

2.8 Million is a realistic number given the corruption of the past years.

Hopefully they can contribute better to the society now.

Wouldn't it be better to accept people who want to be Pakistani?

Biharis for example. People who want Pakistani Citizenship and are being discriminated against in Bangladesh?

Or the Rohingya who have been in Pakistan for decades.

Principally this has nothing to do with Bongldsh or the Bihari oppression in that country.

I don't know why you are dragging that country in this.

This is Pakistan's internal issue not a diplomatic effort between the two countries.

Practically this is the final nail in Pakistan-Bangdsh relations.

Well the problem is these are undocumented citizens of Pakistan who have been discovered during the census. They have been living here for the past 40 years and are basically east Pakistanis.

I was briefed of their plight during a recent chance meeting with a police officer who basically said

" Sir ye reh rahe hai per ajtak inko zarorat nahi pari documentation ki ghurbat ki wajah se "

2.8 Million is a realistic number given the corruption of the past years.

Hopefully they can contribute better to the society now.
So all those Bengalis who sided with Pakistan in 71 and given traitors badges from Bangladehis are equal to all those illegal migrants which came after 73???????????
Baba G ,we all know they came after 73 and illegal Bangalis they have nothing to do with Pakistan or Love of Pakistan , Baba G Biharis in BD are in even more bad shape because of the hate that bangali people have against them, In Pakistan they don't feel that type of hate.
Almost all (only may be 2% left) Bengalis got there Nationality way before 73. And the Pakistani Bengali community(the original and legitimate) all ready contributing to Pakistan.
Baba G , I can understand what you mean there......... surly ca....... but don't you think that will hurt those who gave there life in 71 for Pakistan?
It is hard for me , but if there is no otherway....................................... But I still strongly oppose this.
Edit: Instead of giving CNIC to all 2.8Million ,have some realistic approach , In First phase Give CNIC to those Bangalis illegal migrants which can do better for Pakistan , like businessman , educated class , doctors , engineers , skilled persons and they have to integrated in Pakistani society.
And Issue a registration card to others , give them time like 10 years , in this time they have to show that they can integrate in Pakistani society and they can do great for Pakistan. Put some conditions just like UK , Canada and if they fulfil them in 10 years give them CNIC too , if not they will stay as illegal migrant without any benefit or whatsoever.

Last edited:
If Bengalis could be granted citizenship then why shouldn't the same privilege be extended to the Afghans?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/6/pakistan-deports-afghan-refugees-to-uncertain-futu/

Pakistan deports longtime Afghan refugees to uncertain future in troubled homeland

Afghan refugee families line up outside the government registration office in Peshawar, Pakistan, to receive papers to return to Afghanistan. (Muhammad Sajjad)
LAHORE, Pakistan — Makeshift refugee settlements have sprouted up on the barren stretch of the Afghanistan desert that extends east toward the bustling city of Jalalabad, about an hour’s drive from the border with Pakistan.

It’s here in a forbidding environment that Jamal Juma, an Afghan man in his 60s, and his family of 12 have fashioned a temporary home — a handmade hut of mud.

Like many of his neighbors in the settlements, Mr. Juma was kicked out of Pakistan five months ago after living in the country as a refugee for the past quarter-century.

“We had shops and small businesses,” he said, “but the police and other security forces forced us to leave.”
maybe because they love bark against Pakistan and love India, and durand line

Why just bengalis? Why not afghan as well?

Because Bengalis are:

1. Not involved in suicide attacks in Pakistan
2. Not claim half of Pakistan as their own
3. Don't have any real love for India or Pakistan's enemies
4. Can't be sent back to BD and hence it is better to give them nationality unlike Afghans who can be sent back

Hope it makes it easy to understand for all opposing this move.

So all those Bengalis who sided with Pakistan in 71 and given traitors badges from Bangladehis are equal to all those illegal migrants which came after 73???????????
Baba G ,we all know they came after 73 and illegal Bangalis they have nothing to do with Pakistan or Love of Pakistan , Baba G Biharis in BD are in even more bad shape because of the hate that bangali people have against them, In Pakistan they don't feel that type of hate.
Almost all (only may be 2% left) Bengalis got there Nationality way before 73. And the Pakistani Bengali community(the original and legitimate) all ready contributing to Pakistan.
Baba G , I can understand what you mean there......... surly ca....... but don't you think that will hurt those who gave there life in 71 for Pakistan?
It is hard for me , but if there is no otherway....................................... But I still strongly oppose this.

This a complicated matter for the state. How does one differentiate Bengalis with Bongladeshis? Where do you start with this? Who will get the blame?

a practical solution is to mainstream them so they can atleast contribute fairly to the society and not get hijacked by crime and mafia the usual way. Census was conducted for a reason and 2.8 million is for Pakistan and Pakistanis an insignificant number considering that these are refugees turned economic migrants turned citizens now.

but there is an up side to this as well. which will also be revealed in the coming weeks. all in good time sir. all in good time.

Edit: Instead of giving CNIC to all 2.8Million ,have some realistic approach , In First phase Give CNIC to those Bangalis illegal migrants which can do better for Pakistan , like businessman , educated class , doctors , engineers , skilled persons and they have to integrated in Pakistani society.
And Issue a registration card to others , give them time like 10 years , in this time they have to show that they can integrate in Pakistani society and they can do great for Pakistan. Put some conditions just like UK , Canada and if they fulfil them in 10 years give them CNIC too , if not they will stay as illegal migrant without any benefit or whatsoever.

sir ap ye choren ye chalta rahta hai bari countries me. its not like 3 million Puerto Ricans somehow being a burden to US even though they are somehow their citizens yet are foreign or alien in culture or anglosaxon laws.

Bangdsh is doomed.

chalen aap is khabar ko us khabar se mila kar parhen....jo Rohingya leader in Karachi had given.... jesa sonay ka pahaar middle east me wese ek pahaar Myanmar-Bangdsh kay paas bhi hai... kuch samajh rahe hai ya urdu me bataon?

With the stroke of a pen the party in question has the chance of 2.8 million assured votes , at least till the next election.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom