What's new

Ghar Wapsi': 300 converted to Hinduism in Varanasi

Their is nothing wrong with Conversions, it happens all over the world
Christian missionaries have been practicing this peacefully for over 1000 years,
Mullahs have been doing that while brandishing a sword and riding a white horse for centuries

I can trace back my family tree to 1830s
And the first Christians to come up in that were through wedlocks 100-120 years ago and followed by large scale conversions 80-90 years ago
Their is nothing wrong with accepting your history
5 generations ago my ancestors were Hindu Brahmins from Kerala
And I have no problems in accepting that

Loved the word "Shuddhikaran".

Do you know the true origins of that word?

Not very benign .....

On topic, Ghar Wapsi is a concept that holds value in ancient faiths that are linked to blood and soil.

From my discussions with some Iranians on this board some years ago, Iran is headed for a Persian Mazdayasni ghar wapsi equivalent as well once the current regime is overthrown or loses its iron hold on the populace.

The world Parsi and Zoroastrian community looks forward to that.

Every bloodline has its own faith. And once the dust of conquest and evangelism and proselytizing settles, will revert to such.

Cheers, Doc

Ok..
my Grandfather was a farmer. but my father is not a farmer. Infect he is a small scale businessman. You as per "some Indian brothers" claim, i must be either a farmer or a businessman. No sir. i am a Civil Engineer. But as per those claims "i am a farmer" and my 20th following generation will also be farmers.
See, no one denies that there ancestors was Indian. neither i deny that they were Hindus. The point is that whatever they were. we don't care. We are Muslims. "I am Muslim" .

Here its more about the family tree in which the names of the ancestors are mentioned.

Mbh_Ikswaku_Lineage.png

I didn't know Aurangzeb was a Christian. And neither did I know Indians were all over 400 years old. Incredible India indeed.

Religion has nothing to do with genealogy or ancestry. That line of thinking is idiotic.

Every single religion in the world had 'converts'. Even your Hindu forefathers were at one point converted from the ancient Indus Valley religions to Hinduism.

By your logic, every European Christian should go back to worshiping Zeus, most Muslims to paganism, and every Hindu to Indus Valley Goddess Worship. Heck, let's all take it a step further (or rather, backwards) and start worshiping the sun and moon.

Of course Indian Muslims don't deny their ancestors were Indian. Just as South American Christians don't deny their ancestors were Aztecs/Incas/Mayans.

Some Indian Muslims' ancestors might have been from Bengal. Some might have been Turkic. Others could have originated in China. That doesn't change their religion.

Arab tribes are closer to Indian tribes and they do worship the same supreme creator of Rig Vedas. And here its more linked to spirituality. Rig Vedic religion is the source religion and these tribes are still existed.

and then they preach us that Hinduism accept all beliefs including atheism/agnosticism and Hindus dont care about converting people into their faith as its not expansionist religion but well these hindu talibans suggest opposite

Secondly these Indian were Muslims from many generations and they were not born Hindus and later converted into Islam so revert is not right words for them. Those who were converted into Islam from Hinduism were buried in their graves many centuries ago so you should visit to their graves in order to revert them back in their dharma lol

Burial is even part of Hinduism and here discoveries had been made by researchers.

Vasant Shinde, vice-chancellor and director of Deccan College Post-Graduate and Research Institute, affiliated to the University of Pune, while carrying out excavations, they discovered a big burial ground and found human skeletons at Rakhigarhi in Hisar district of Haryana

The excavation at Rakhigarhi, 25 kilometres from Jind town in Haryana’s Hisar district, is conducted jointly by Deccan College and the Haryana Department of Archaeology. Twenty-one trenches, besides the four burials, were dug during the excavation
fl29_harappa_rakhi_2402640g.jpg

Superintending Archaeologist of Archaeological Survey of India A K Pandey told the media.

"This is for the first time that a habitation of late Harappan era has been found in UP...though a burial ground was found in Sinauli in the past," he said.

In Sunauli, the ASI had found 116 graves but could not carry out further digging for evidence of any habitation as the entire area

a team of Archaeologists from the Telangana State Department of Archaeology have excavated Megalithic burial sites with Menhir dating back to 1000 BC in Medak district.

The team unearthed nearly 50 megalithic burials with Menhir or huge standing stone arranged around them, during the excavation works at Pullur Banda village of Siddipet mandal.

“Ancient burial sites of this kind have been mapped in Maski and in this belt in pre-independence period,” says K.R. Ramakrishna, Commissioner, Department of Archaeology and Museums.

The Hirebenakal site in the neighbouring Raichur is one of the largest clusters of Megalithic burial monuments in India with 400 port-holed dolmens, dated between 800 to 200 B.C.

Their is nothing wrong with Conversions, it happens all over the world
Christian missionaries have been practicing this peacefully for over 1000 years,
Mullahs have been doing that while brandishing a sword and riding a white horse for centuries
There is nothing wrong with conversion as long as they are not politically motivated and state sponsored for boasting egos . What is the process of conversion in Hinduism ? I thought they dont have any procedure of conversion . How you will revert those Hindus who are atheist and agnostics? :D I personally feel that a person should change his faith based on genuine change in his heart after studying the religion. I dont like those people who change religion just for sake of marriage or any other material gain

This is election time...So those people who are converted and reconverted...will not mind again getting converted to something else with some good price...Not bad either..who is watching you to whom you are praying on your heart...And again, if being in one religion gets you some money...this is not a bad income either...
Oho so they are Arnold for one party Arvind for the other and Arshad for the third?lol kamai ka acha aur asaan tareeka hay :p:

Oho so they are Arnold for one party Arvind for the other and Arshad for the third?lol kamai ka acha aur asaan tareeka hay :p:

Spot on man...Who is watching them when he is praying to which god...Election time is a bonus time for these people..

There is nothing wrong with conversion as long as they are not politically motivated and state sponsored for boasting egos . What is the process of conversion in Hinduism ? I thought they dont have any procedure of conversion . How you will revert those Hindus who are atheist and agnostics? :D I personally feel that a person should change his faith based on genuine change in his heart after studying the religion. I dont like those people who change religion just for sake of marriage or any other material gain

In Hinduism unlike other religions, there is no apostasy.

You see, for millenia Christians had their missionaries (how would you explain whole of S. Korea / Africa became Christian in a few decades) and Muslims had other means (Dawah, Invasions, Sufism, etc.).

Only Hindus had been adament to prevent reconversions in the middle ages. With Hindu reform movements like Arya Samaj/ Bhakti Samaj (Google them...) during 18th and 19th centuries, Hinduism started reconverting back many earlier adherents.

Nothing wrong in that... unless it is forced (aka ISIS or middle age arab conquerors). And regarding the bold part, who says anyone wants to convert anybody forcefully? Ghar wapasi itself is voluntary... for those who wants to convert (actually convert back) to their forefather's religion.

Last edited:
I believe every people in the world had their moment of divinity.

Their one moment.

Everything that came later was an adoption of some else's moment of divinity.

Cheers, Doc

I believe every people in the world had their moment of divinity.

Their one moment.

Everything that came later was an adoption of some else's moment of divinity.

Cheers, Doc

please explain.

BTW I am still waiting for you to get your laptop back :) When are you posting about what we talked yesterday :-)

please explain.

BTW I am still waiting for you to get your laptop back :) When are you posting about what we talked yesterday :-)

It's pretty clear what I typed no?

The days of man discovering his Gods are long gone.

Can you rediscover what you've already discovered?

It's pretty clear what I typed no?

The days of man discovering his Gods are long gone.

Can you rediscover what you've already discovered?

It was six men of Hindustan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The first approached the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a WALL!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, "Ho, what have we here,
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a SPEAR!"

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," quoth he, "the Elephant
Is very like a SNAKE!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he:
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a TREE!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a FAN!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Than seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
Is very like a ROPE!"

And so these men of Hindustan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

So what is it that you are claiming we have discovered ?

It was six men of Hindustan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The first approached the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a WALL!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, "Ho, what have we here,
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a SPEAR!"

The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
Is very like a SNAKE!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," quoth he:
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a TREE!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a FAN!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Than seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
Is very like a ROPE!"

And so these men of Hindustan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

So what is it that you are claiming we have discovered ?

I have not a great deal on hope from the other side but in my personal experience some Indian Muslims are uncannily candid about the whole thing.

I also got a dhaba variety lesson in eugenics once on a ride when a Muslim friend told me that the reason they on an average were better looking (their chicks more than their guys in my personal opinion, though I grudgingly admit to the possibility of personal bias here) was that the Muslim armies would pick out the prettiest girls from the local populace.

It's all very fascinating.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom