What's new

General Bakshi reveals Kargil humiliation

You have no idea what facts he is witness to? You must be an idiot of the highest order or perhaps an average ignorant indian, by the way there is no difference between the two.

He was the commander of the indian contingent at Kargil or somewhere around that area, that was being raped by Pakistani soldiers. You won't believe him, because you live in an alternate world that your delusional mid has created to hide away from the real world.

Right, I am an idiot of the highest order, AND an average ignorant Indian.

He was not the commander of the Indian contingent, he was battalion commander of one battalion among very many. You seem to have rape on your mind; you don't seem to have much vocabulary beyond that one word. As far as Kargil was concerned, and making a triumphant Pakistani event of it is concerned, that ship has sailed. Too many people have made too many admissions on the Pakistani side for you to continue your pathetic efforts at representing it as anything but the debacle for Pakistan that it was.

I still don't want to know about G. D. Bakshi, but for what it's worth, we are the same age, there are a number of my batchmates that served with him, and he has his own bizarre world-view, a totalitarian one, with which I have nothing in common. If he had been Muslim and born on the other side of the border (in 1950), he would have been a Pakistani of your type. That is not a compliment.

Now f*** off.

A very good reason to have suppressed that news.. '90-91 was a year of major financial turmoil in India... Don't know what duration was he talking about, could be VP Singh or Narasimha Rao. But none of them was in a position to mount a major offensive on Pakistan due to poor economic condition prevailing that time.

Anyways GD Bakshi has gone too emotional lately, largely making political statements rather than a General. Will take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Please look up the records for that date and make an effort to be accurate. Don't write rubbish when commenting on this event.

A very good reason to have suppressed that news.. '90-91 was a year of major financial turmoil in India... Don't know what duration was he talking about, could be VP Singh or Narasimha Rao. But none of them was in a position to mount a major offensive on Pakistan due to poor economic condition prevailing that time.

Anyways GD Bakshi has gone too emotional lately, largely making political statements rather than a General. Will take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

Talking of economic disparities, you really need to do your homework. The PAF was not warned, and midway through, when the IAF was called into action, realised that they had insufficient spares to fight an air war. Read Kaisar Tufail for more information.

Pakistanis are going gaga over intelligence failure on our part in initial days of war but dont realise that in the end they ended up sufferring heavier casualties are were kicked out of kargil by Indian troops.

For 50 cent pakistani trolls, kargil operation was nothing but an action replay of of of Meghdoot of 84, brilliantly planned (copied) by pakistan but they made one crucial mistake, to accomplish such great feat you will need an army like India's, anything lesser just wont do.

The truth is that Pakistan lost both kargil in 90s and siachin in 80s ,Siachin however was an example of Indian aggression.

I respectfully disagree. I will put my arguments in point form, so as not to burden anyone with a long-winded note:
  1. Undemarcated, poorly defined border line in the glacier region;
  2. Pakistani cartographic and tourist-oriented claim formation, encouragement of foreign mountaineering teams to climb in and near the undemarcated area;
  3. Information about impending Pakistani purchase of high altitude mountaineering gear;
  4. Pre-emptive strike by Indian forces;
  5. Pakistani counter-attack that failed narrowly.
Now both sides are stuck in a totally useless battle that claims hundreds of lives due to harsh living conditions, many times more lives than lost through battle.

Since Kargil Pakistan has failed to regain the initiative because both military and civilian leadership lack the courage and vision.
India today however have further widened the gap and there remains no parity between the two armies,India is by far among the top 10 strongest armies in the globe..

Yes, and no. Again, in point form (first eight points relate to Army only):
  1. Shortage of artillery
  2. Shortage of shells/ammunition
  3. Confusion of roles of holding/pivot formations and strike formations
  4. Lack of integration of mechanised infantry with armour
  5. Very slow formation of mountain divisions
  6. Complete failure to carry out the Sunderji vision
  • Lack of military infrastructure in forward areas
  • Failure to match mobility and logistics capability of PLA, whose performance norms are frightening
  • Terrible confusion about strategic posture vis-a-vis PRC and PLA/PLAAF/PLAN, uncertainty about how to react to their aggressive border management to their own advantage
  • Suspicion of Indian development, and failure to adopt Indian technology
  • Lack of strategic understanding in top Indian leadership
There are separate lists of reasons for the Navy and the Air Force. Strenuous efforts are being made, but it will take time.

I am glad that you have an open mind, but I thought you would like to see how things look like, from the other point of view.

According to this Gen, before he enter the game his solider were demoralized and adopted wrong strategy to counter Pak soldiers. later he fixed everything and was happy ending.

That applies to other Indo-Pak encounters. He was a one-man Army, and others played a supporting role, far behind the front lines. Now that he is retired, there is no hope for the Army. Reading between his lines, but without having taken the trouble to watch the video, knowing in advance what must be in it.

Last edited:
Right, I am an idiot of the highest order, AND an average ignorant Indian.

He was not the commander of the Indian contingent, he was battalion commander of one battalion among very many. You seem to have rape on your mind; you don't seem to have much vocabulary beyond that one word. As far as Kargil was concerned, and making a triumphant Pakistani event of it is concerned, that ship has sailed. Too many people have made too many admissions on the Pakistani side for you to continue your pathetic efforts at representing it as anything but the debacle for Pakistan that it was.

I still don't want to know about G. D. Bakshi, but for what it's worth, we are the same age, there are a number of my batchmates that served with him, and he has his own bizarre world-view, a totalitarian one, with which I have nothing in common. If he had been Muslim and born on the other side of the border (in 1950), he would have been a Pakistani of your type. That is not a compliment.

Now f*** off.

Please look up the records for that date and make an effort to be accurate. Don't write rubbish when commenting on this event.

Talking of economic disparities, you really need to do your homework. The PAF was not warned, and midway through, when the IAF was called into action, realised that they had insufficient spares to fight an air war. Read Kaisar Tufail for more information.
Sir, kindly read my post again... I am talking about the period Gen GD Bakshi is talking about i.e. 1990-1991... And you clearly confusing my post to have been talking about 99, which clearly is not.

And Kaiser Tufail article about PAF in 99 was one of those first thing I read on this forum. Probably Kaiser was forum member too long back.

Sum up this Gen point of view. Instead of word by word trans..

I haven't looked at this particular video; you would have to pay me to do that. But drawing a line through other bilge that he has been spreading around, the Pakistani infiltration was of long standing, the cowardly Congress hid everything, the brave BJP exposed the situation, the demoralised junior troops hid in their bunkers and shat in cans to avoid getting under fire and getting shot, he came in and reinforced the failing morale of the troops (he did it in his battalion first, and that spirit of courage and derring-do spread to other units like dengue) and they threw out the Pakistanis, who had been dancing up and down and daring the Indian Army to do something, anything about the situation.

Excuse me while I go and puke.

You have strong digestions, to look at videos like this. But then it's from Windy. Not surprising.

Sir, kindly read my post again... I am talking about the period Gen GD Bakshi is talking about i.e. 1990-1991... And you clearly confusing my post to have been talking about 99, which clearly is not.

And Kaiser Tufail article about PAF in 99 was one of those first thing I read on this forum. Probably Kaiser was forum member too long back.

He started with that, trying to prove that what happened in 1999 started in 1990-91; every year, the Indian Army came down to winter quarters, and it was only in that year, 1999, that the PA occupied the high points. In 1990-91, Bakshi was a company commander, a Major, in the J&K Rifles.

Nawaz sharif is ur guy. he is corrupt to the core and will sell his mother for couple of million dollars. He will do anything the Indians will say.
The fact that Pakistan occupied India for months is a big achievement itself.

"...occupied INDIA for months..."? Wow. OK, I get it now; I was in Hungary at the time. Lucky me; avoided being a civilian in occupied territory. What a big achievement, Sir-ji! Are those the months when you built the Taj Mahal?

look at your own generals blaming government for his loss

We have our share of loonies. I don't have to point to your lot; you do a good job of it by your own selves.

Hmm ok. I thought he was talking about kargil which happened during vajpayee tenure.

He was channeling Snowball: "Congress bad, BJP good".

Dear Sir Gen Bakshi is telling first intrusions during 90s but the Indian Govt at that time refuse to made it public.

Thank you; I haven't watched the video, but it's so predictable. What he is saying is hogwash. There was nothing in 90-91. Not of this nature. 90-91 was known for other things, very unpleasant things, but not for this kind of pre-emptive occupation of tactically-advantageous locations.

whatever
but the Indians won the propaganda war and convinced the "liberals" like shaithi and Asma Jahangir that Indians won totally including Pani Pat as well.

I forgot Panipat. Panipat I, II AND III. That is why we rule Afghanistan today. Next stop Tajikistan. Why not the whole CAR, while we're at it?

The Chinese get their military strategy from Sun Tzu; we get it from Mungeri Lal ke Haseen Sapne.

Now THAT should make your Sunday, chief!

Pakistanis are going gaga over intelligence failure on our part in initial days of war but dont realise that in the end they ended up sufferring heavier casualties are were kicked out of kargil by Indian troops.

For 50 cent pakistani trolls, kargil operation was nothing but an action replay of of of Meghdoot of 84, brilliantly planned (copied) by pakistan but they made one crucial mistake, to accomplish such great feat you will need an army like India's, anything lesser just wont do.

Personally, I think that the mistake was not taking geopolitical realities into account, over and above not thinking through the consequences of an all-out Indian counter-attack to recover the occupied posts, regardless of the losses. Our jawans and our field officers prevailed, not our generals; they always end up with heavy butchers' bills.

Thank you; I haven't watched the video, but it's so predictable. What he is saying is hogwash. There was nothing in 90-91. Not of this nature. 90-91 was known for other things, very unpleasant things, but not for this kind of pre-emptive occupation of tactically-advantageous locations.
Maj Gen Bakshi is more credible than you, anyway.

I haven't looked at this particular video; you would have to pay me to do that. But drawing a line through other bilge that he has been spreading around, the Pakistani infiltration was of long standing, the cowardly Congress hid everything, the brave BJP exposed the situation, the demoralised junior troops hid in their bunkers and shat in cans to avoid getting under fire and getting shot, he came in and reinforced the failing morale of the troops (he did it in his battalion first, and that spirit of courage and derring-do spread to other units like dengue) and they threw out the Pakistanis, who had been dancing up and down and daring the Indian Army to do something, anything about the situation.

Excuse me while I go and puke.

You have strong digestions, to look at videos like this. But then it's from Windy. Not surprising.

He started with that, trying to prove that what happened in 1999 started in 1990-91; every year, the Indian Army came down to winter quarters, and it was only in that year, 1999, that the PA occupied the high points. In 1990-91, Bakshi was a company commander, a Major, in the J&K Rifles.

"...occupied INDIA for months..."? Wow. OK, I get it now; I was in Hungary at the time. Lucky me; avoided being a civilian in occupied territory. What a big achievement, Sir-ji! Are those the months when you built the Taj Mahal?

We have our share of loonies. I don't have to point to your lot; you do a good job of it by your own selves.

He was channeling Snowball: "Congress bad, BJP good".

I forgot Panipat. Panipat I, II AND III. That is why we rule Afghanistan today. Next stop Tajikistan. Why not the whole CAR, while we're at it?

The Chinese get their military strategy from Sun Tzu; we get it from Mungeri Lal ke Haseen Sapne.

Now THAT should make your Sunday, chief!

Personally, I think that the mistake was not taking geopolitical realities into account, over and above not thinking through the consequences of an all-out Indian counter-attack to recover the occupied posts, regardless of the losses. Our jawans and our field officers prevailed, not our generals; they always end up with heavy butchers' bills.
I will pay you to watch Indian video, but its Indian govt and army who initiated by occupying Siachin first place beside other occupying territory. Now India is tasting its own medicine , which it gave Pakistan in 71 and at Siachin occupation.
Ok you got 5 out 5 in trans quiz.

Last edited:

Wish i could play General Bakhshi's statement back to him.....while previously he admits that the Indian soldiers dare not step out of the bunkers and had to relieve themselves next to the pot of Haldi Daal.....but once he took over the command, somehow they not somehow only managed to rebuild and re-equip the bunkers but just as in Indian movies, they ended the episode with a song and dance on the roofs.... and they lived happily ever after. :laugh:
@Windjammer You shoud have first accepted your mistake and said SORRY for posting an edited video and secondly Gen Bakshi talked about a skirmish at kargil in the year 1990 and 91 and Not kargil war of 1998 .

@Windjammer You shoud have first accepted your mistake and said SORRY for posting an edited video and secondly Gen Bakshi talked about a skirmish at kargil in the year 1990 and 91 and Not kargil war of 1998 .
So you allegedly joined the forum just two days earlier and are already dishing out advise.... now why does that leads me to believe that you are some or rather THE ONE, multi ID troll.....the thing is when a faker starts giving out lectures, it sounds like Modi telling Indians the benefits of eating Beef. :D

I will pay you to watch Indian video, but its Indian govt and army who initiated by occupying Siachin first place beside other occupying territory.

Point granted, India made the move into Siachen. I have tried to explain the background, but it is for you to accept or not to accept those as mitigating circumstances, or as a pre-emptive action, as you please.

What did you have in mind when you mention "....other occupying (sic) territory..."? We returned Haji Pir Pass, over the strong objections of our soldiers, when there was absolutely no need to do so. After every encounter, we returned whatever territory was in our occupation; in 1971, in the aftermath, it is Pakistan that held on to territory in the Akhnoor sector.

As for the payment, it would have to be a very high price. The man is not one I would watch, or listen to, not with my BP at 160/100. I will not use harsh words for a decorated veteran, but let us say that we have diametrically opposed views, and also that his brand of politics, and his egregious politicisation of military matters is deplorable.

Now India is tasting its own medicine , which it gave Pakistan in 71 and at Siachin occupation.
Ok you got 5 out 5 in trans quiz.

Interesting point. What medicine are we tasting?

So you allegedly joined the forum just two days earlier and are already dishing out advise.... now why does that leads me to believe that you are some or rather THE ONE, multi ID troll.....the thing is when a faker starts giving out lectures, it sounds like Modi telling Indians the benefits of eating Beef. :D
@Windjammer Calling troll or multiple ID troll , wont spare you from the now proven guilt of you posting an heavily edited video of Gen Bakshi .

As an elite member on this panel you should accept your mistake and at least say sorry to everyone you read it and started replying to it . Or such courtesy is it too much too ask on this forum ?

Maj Gen Bakshi is more credible than you, anyway.
At the end , Gen Bakshi also describe how he thrashed the Pakistani post harassing Indian troops once he joined in the skirmish , you would have to believe that part of his story too. Would you ?

Interesting bit to me is that in this entire video, The General is speaking what is clearly more Urdu than any version of Sanskritized Hindi
Gen Bakshi comes from Jammu region of J&K which is basally northern Punjab .

@Windjammer Calling troll or multiple ID troll , wont spare you from the now proven guilt of you posting an heavily edited video of Gen Bakshi .

As an elite member on this panel you should accept your mistake and at least say sorry to everyone you read it and started replying to it . Or such courtesy is it too much too ask on this forum ?

At the end , Gen Bakshi also describe how he thrashed the Pakistani post harassing Indian troops once he joined in the skirmish , you would have to believe that part of his story too. Would you ?
He is an Indian so expect some biased at the end.:D

shukar he kuch to accept kia.india always say that we win kargil.it was a diplomatic victory,not a military victory.

bhai, video is not about kargil war. Btw, Did your army tell you about the bombing happened to them on peaks in kargil war ?. Your whole ammunition depot was destroyed and this incident alone caused you more than 100 soldiers.
images

Above pic shows before strike and after strike situation of your ammunition depot. You can see, every thing was smoked after strike by Mirages.

Gen Bakshi comes from Jammu region of J&K which is basally northern Punjab .
I posted what was shared on the FB.....as for General Bakhshi's tall claims, perhaps you can answer this by referring to my post#24.....also if it was such a decisive victory at the end then why would the Government of the day sweep it all under the carpet as also disclosed by the General... and even if one was to believe General's last lines, what to say of....lightning never strikes the same place twice. !!!

Back
Top Bottom