What's new

Foreign Technologies in the C919

Just because GE has research centers around the world (they do other things too besides making engines) doesn't mean the engine development is outsourced.
Not outsourced. CFM56 and LEAP are produced by CFM International, a 50/50 joint venture of Safran Aircraft Engines, France and GE in U.S.

Hey just keep it up. I guess we should all be lucky this forum is in English and not Chinese or we'd be witnessing even more juvenile mouths like yours making China look "great" to the world. :rolleyes1:
Oh I'm going to keep it up. Cry some more to mod daddy to save you from mean Chinese man on internet.

Oh I'm going to keep it up. Cry some more to mod daddy to save you from mean Chinese man on internet.

I certainly wouldn't expect any less from you. Being a guest on somebody else's website isn't something that normally stops self-centered Chinese from doing their own thing. I'm sure you will put up a loud fight.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't expect any less from you. Being a guest on somebody else's website isn't something that normally stops self-centered Chinese from doing their own thing. I'm sure you will put up a loud fight.
Keep up the sourpuss thang dawg. You do you.

And the automobile was from Germany, and the rocket from V2? Dude, wake up and smell the coffee. We are unscrupulous, shrewd and hyper competitive. Look at youe Asian nerd scoring 4 pointers, now imagine a gazillion of these hungry students in China, filteted out and doing research for China. I tell you, as long as there is no war, and the country is stable, the future is ours. We don't have genital mutilation trans ideology. I look at Matt Walsh and was like, US is reallt polarized, if Trump wins, US is gonna disintegrate. Lolol

Ah so you admit that indigenous has nothing to do with needing to depend on foreigners anymore after figuring out how something works. Thanks for admitting you were wrong!

Ah so you admit that indigenous has nothing to do with needing to depend on foreigners anymore.
It means we have to depend on ourselves to copy, buy, rent, reverse and then learn. Nobody is gonna give you free lunch. After you learn you improve and innovate and then produce it yourselves. Independence means you can do it yourselves without the fear of getting sanctioned. Look at our rocket programme, it started from the V2, we learned from it, then created and carved our our own path. Today can anybody stop our space program?

Ah so you admit that indigenous has nothing to do with needing to depend on foreigners anymore after figuring out how something works. Thanks for admitting you were wrong!
It means we have to depend on ourselves to copy, buy, rent, reverse and then learn. Nobody is gonna give you free lunch. After you learn you improve and innovate and then produce it yourselves. Independence means you can do it yourselves without the fear of getting sanctioned. Look at our rocket programme, it started from the V2, we learned from it, then created and carved our our own path. Today can anybody stop our space program?
Here is 'indigenous' as interpreted by China...

A Chinese chipmaker, PowerLeader, recently announced its brand new x86 CPUs codenamed PowerStar. The company hosted a big event, inviting press from various parts of the country & turns out, the chip was nothing more than a rebadged Intel 10th Gen CPU.
A Geekbench 5 listing of the PowerLeader DP1UI-2 workstation reveals that the PL 1st Gen PSTAR P3-01105 PCU is nothing more than a Core i3-10105 CPU which is derived from the 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake family. The chip also shares the same specifications which offer a 3.7 GHz base clock, 4.4 GHz boost clock, 6 MB of L3 cache, & a TDP of 65W. Even the performance is pretty much the same that one should expect from a 10th Gen Core i3 chip.​

My first reaction was 'Ya gotta be shidding me...' :eek:

Now am waiting to see if this is actually a joke that I missed somewhere.

A Chinese chipmaker, PowerLeader, recently announced its brand new x86 CPUs codenamed PowerStar. The company hosted a big event, inviting press from various parts of the country & turns out, the chip was nothing more than a rebadged Intel 10th Gen CPU.
A Geekbench 5 listing of the PowerLeader DP1UI-2 workstation reveals that the PL 1st Gen PSTAR P3-01105 PCU is nothing more than a Core i3-10105 CPU which is derived from the 10th Gen Intel Comet Lake family. The chip also shares the same specifications which offer a 3.7 GHz base clock, 4.4 GHz boost clock, 6 MB of L3 cache, & a TDP of 65W. Even the performance is pretty much the same that one should expect from a 10th Gen Core i3 chip.​

Why am I not surprised that a Chinese company would attempt something like this.

Why am I not surprised that a Chinese company would attempt something like this.
Those of us in the semicon industry are not surprised. And never will be. Our industry leaders kinda sorta of knew that theft of all types would happen once companies entered the Chinese market under the conditions that we have to be in joint ventures with Chinese companies, but those same leaders now quietly admitted they underestimated the scale of theft. The Chinese government was shrewd when they played the greed card. They knew that Western companies would rather suffer theft than being left out of the Chinese market. If the scale is 1 - 10, what is genuinely Chinese is at best a 3. The rest are Western components rebadged/rebranded with tacit threats of retaliation if anyone exposed the theft. At the Engineering levels, where I am, we see this shid on a regular basis. Then it is buried at the Exec levels.

Now we can guess on what components in the C919 are truly of Chinese origin rather than clones or even outright rebadged/rebranded stuff.

what happened was

COMAC thought it would be good to use foreign parts in order to get approval into foreign markets down the line

what they didn't account for was xi jinping is a low iq terrorist and destroy chinese branding and any chance of COMAC exporting its planes

you know what's even more hilarious, the Chinese aired Xi's recent visit to one of their biggest fabs. The party branch secretary of the chip department proudly boasted to Xi that all the equipment in the fab is domestic while standing next to a bank of PVD machines made in Livermore CA. :lol:

Last edited:

We have a million companies, and there a kikilala companies everywhere, they might even rebadge AMD for all I know, but does it dismiss progress made by real companies? So because F22 uses some Chinese components, do I dismiss that plane. Ridicule and laugh all you want, we are just as stubborn as hell, work hard and develop. That's life and after a while we will reach that destination. =)

We have a million companies, and there a kikilala companies everywhere, they might even rebadge AMD for all I know, but does it dismiss progress made by real companies? So because F22 uses some Chinese components, do I dismiss that plane. Ridicule and laugh all you want, we are just as stubborn as hell, work hard and develop. That's life and after a while we will reach that destination. =)
If there are some Chinese electronics in the F-22, they were there from sub-sub-contractors. At least we did not rebadged/rebranded them, and the story became a minor scandal. In this case, PowerLeader essentially LIED to the public, in and out of China, as to what they did -- created a Western comparable CPU. This was theft even if they bought the Intel part legally. Theft of public trust. PowerLeader got busted, not from dissembling the CPU, but by EXAMINING THE TEST DATA. You have no idea how significant that is, and I actually do not blame you and your friends here for your ignorance. Simply put, none of you are in the industry so of course you guys are not interested in the truth but propaganda. If they cut that CPU apart, the physical evidence would be %100 more damning. China's rapid technological rise is more like %75 theft then masqueraded as achievements.

Back
Top Bottom