What's new

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

PS : L&T is damn good and did superb job from highways to metros

Is this Mumbai's skyline?
Just amazing:woot:

Looks very good, congrats guys :tup:
(and please those who are getting sissy fits over it being pink, grow up man, thats hardly the least relevant part, as long as its getting pepole from point A to B cheaply in a city like Mumbai, who cares).

Looks very good, congrats guys :tup:
(and please those who are getting sissy fits over it being pink, grow up man, thats hardly the least relevant part, as long as its getting pepole from point A to B cheaply in a city like Mumbai, who cares).
Well for few, finding anything to bash is a hobby and missing the larger picture.

BTW thanks.

it's awesome, I hope mono comes to Bangalore soon....Bangalore metro is getting extensive, and underground station is almost done

it's awesome, I hope mono comes to Bangalore soon....Bangalore metro is getting extensive, and underground station is almost done

Aed 2.1 = IRS approx. 32
Aed 4.9 = IRS approx. 75

While you just need a note of Rs.10 to travel in Monorail

India has money to build it, maintenance should be possible with INR 10, considering Mumbai would have a lot more passengers.

What is the length of the Mumbai monorail? Dubai's Red line almost covers all the major areas, and is 70km. Coupled with Green Line (which intersects with the Red Line) which is another 47 km.

Metros are absolutely necessary, they have even automated things heavily through using advance terminals which in turn saves costs. Metro cars are driverless, the gates are automated. They have one girl sitting at the cash counter for the occasional bloke that needs to recharge their metro cards through cash. Regular metro commuters use online rechargeable cards.

They have even brought in now credit cards linked with the metro system. Just swipe your credit card to the metro card reader and it will charge 2 bucks on your credit card. Reducing further human intervention in the process. Advanced tech always need high initial investment but running costs are always cheaper.

India has money to build it, maintenance should be possible with INR 10, considering Mumbai would have a lot more passengers.

What is the length of the Mumbai monorail? Dubai's Red line almost covers all the major areas, and is 70km. Coupled with Green Line (which intersects with the Red Line) which is another 47 km.

Metros are absolutely necessary, they have even automated things heavily through using advance terminals which in turn saves costs. Metro cars are driverless, the gates are automated. They have one girl sitting at the cash counter for the occasional bloke that needs to recharge their metro cards through cash. Regular metro commuters use online rechargeable cards.

They have even brought in now credit cards linked with the metro system. Just swipe your credit card to the metro card reader and it will charge 2 bucks on your credit card. Reducing further human intervention in the process. Advanced tech always need high initial investment but running costs are always cheaper.

Dubai metro is not working right now!!! There was a huge line of people outside Financial Centre.

The current Monorail line is 15KM. Its one of four lines from project 1.

The monorail project is separate from Metro project, the first line of which will go online next year.

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

1_1361032549.png

2_1361032575.png

5_1361032599.png

4_1361032621.png

3_1361032637.png

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai | More From India | www.indiatimes.com

Awesome pics :tup:

Really looks good.

@Yogi I am too from Jaipur.

Last edited by a moderator:
:hitwall: why dont u teach '' icewolf '' anything man? he just keep ranting on every single indian thread with same old rant . PDF need ppl like u

Thanx alot man but its not only icewolf ! Some indian members also do this !

Glad it will finally start plying in August , though the construction made the travelling to my college hell.

Jaipur Metro's work is also in full swing the expected date for completion is Dec 2013, hope it start on time...:D

17jaipur_metro.jpg

Jaipur-Metro-Project.jpg

images

grt which area?
if u don't mind..:D
I have lived in many places in Jaipur. C-Scheme, Jawahar Nagar, Pratap Nagar, Mansarovar, Vidyadhar Nagar. :enjoy:

Current place is classified. :triniti:

I have lived in many places in Jaipur. C-Scheme, Jawahar Nagar, Pratap Nagar, Mansarovar, Vidyadhar Nagar. :enjoy:

Current place is classified. :triniti:

i too have lived at Vidhayadhar Nagar n old city..:D
BTW @KRAIT looking at ur post count its easy to find u at PDF than any other place...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom