What's new

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

Pink looks pretty, and many Indian male wear pink, the association with gay is cultural I guess..

I think you have browsed through this thread up and down round and round many times.In course of that I can very well assume that you have seen green coloured coaches as well.Now put an end to this..

I think you have browsed through this thread up and down round and round many times.In course of that I can very well assume that you have seen green coloured coaches as well.Now put an end to this..

it does not make me uncomfortable... I love pink... :)

@Awesome: I doubt that, it is based on Maglev.. we don't have Expertise Neither i don't see any Induct track or guide way...

What If it reduces the traffic problem of Mumbai, remaining things about technology etc or not matter..... @djdjs: stop it dude.. you don't need to increase your posts... stop that comparison..

Last edited by a moderator:
@djsjs: Is chinese maglev system based on EDS or EMS, and Superconductor or PM type... If it is based on Superconductor what type composites are you guys using. what is the critical temperature?

I do not know why you drag china here, because you dragged china here, I have to give som comments.
The poverty exists in every country, but the level and the rate is different. We do not have people like indian untouchable and children starving to death and the world highest poverty rate, and I do not wanna share the pics here, because they are to atrocious to watch. or you wanna see?

By the way, average earning of people in the pics is aroud 400-500$ per month, it is much higher than indian, but they just can not affard the apartment in ShenZhen. After earning enough money in ShenZhen, most of them go back to their home and start a good live.:smitten: They have totally different future life compaired to your poor PPL.

its not true at all , i know ppl working for 2000rmb. i know girls who work for as low as 1200 rmb . its almost same in indian big cities.

@djsjs: Is chinese maglev system based on EDS or EMS, and Superconductor or PM type... If it is based on Superconductor what type composites are you guys using. what is the critical temperature?

sorry,no idea. ours are germany tech, maybe EMS.
may this website help you ????

Bet Indian men will fell really manly :azn:

@2nd pic

WOW.. You can see the divide between rich & poor in India, on that pic...
Slums in the background and multi million dollar railline on top...

Great pics BTW

You are right. This picture proves India is a Developing Country and still has a long way to go.

its not true at all , i know ppl working for 2000rmb. i know girls who work for as low as 1200 rmb . its almost same in indian big cities.

the minimum wage is 1500 rmb in shenzhen.1200 is illegal!
nowadays it is hard to find a person whose wage is less than 2000rmb there. i mean very hard,unless free room and board provided.
1200rmb is the minimum wage of the poorest provinces.

the average wage in shenzhen is 3900rmb per month last year. in the picture the rent for a small single room is about 800rmb,food expenses is about 600-800 rmb per person(buy the cheapest and self cooking ).

India is following its itw own model of development which suits sub continent cities, the Mono rail is of wheels not Maglev.

Once the Monorail is successful and profitable then it will be replicated in tier 2 and tier 3 cities of India.

Maglev trains are in the process of implementation but they do not come under cheaper transport like Monorail which can be implemented on a traffic congested road.

India
Pune (Pimple Saudagar) – Mumbai (Panvel): The Indian Ministry is currently in the process of reviewing a proposal to start a Maglev train system in India.[11] It has already been estimated that the cost to complete this process would be over $30 Billion. The company who sent the proposals is a company based in the United States. There have been feelers sent to Lalu Prasad, Railway Minister, in which the advantages of a Maglev train system were presented. Although still at a preliminary stage, if completed, the train travel time between the two cities will be reduced to three hours, compared to an original 16 hours. (Edit: this plan has been dropped in favor of Garib Rath (poor peoples cart) that promises a to b transport of human mass with ticket or without as well. But now Mumbai is planning to have its first Maglev connecting to Pune,which will take 30 minutes along the 200 km stretch . This is planned near Hinjewadi IT park in an area called Pimple Saudagar. Pune and Mumbai has a freeway(also called as expressway) where approximately 14000 vehicles travel daily, making fuel consumption at .2 million liters a day . The business proposal is to reduce the fuel consumption and promote Maglev by income from Carbon Credit Sales.
Mumbai – Delhi
A maglev line project was presented to the then Indian railway minister (Mamta Banerjee) by an American company. A line was proposed to serve between the cities of Mumbai and Delhi, the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said that if the line project is successful the Indian government would build lines between other cities and also between Mumbai Central and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.[12]
Mumbai - Nagpur
The State of Maharashtra has also approved a feasibility study for a maglev train between Mumbai (the commercial capital of India as well as the State government capital) and Nagpur (the second State capital) about 1,000 km (620 mi) away. It plans to connect the regions of Mumbai and Pune with Nagpur via less developed hinterland (via Ahmednagar, Beed, Latur, Nanded and Yavatmal).[13]
Chennai - Bangalore - Mysore
Large and Medium Scale Industries Minister of Karnataka Mr. Murugesh Nirani, a detailed report will be prepared and submitted by December 2012 and the project is expected to cost $26 million per kilometer of railway track. The speed of Maglev will be 350 kmph and will take 30 mins from Chennai to Mysore via Bangalore.[14]
Kochi Metro
Union Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution K. V. Thomas proposed that Kochi Metro can adopt same technology as present in South Korea. [15]

Good
Chennai's metro rail will be in partial operation from end of this year and fully operational by 2014. Already government has cleared monorail project to connect remaining areas to counter long term process for building metro rail. So in 5 years Chennai will have both metro and mono.

Back
Top Bottom