What's new

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

Who made these trains ? They look very nice.

nothing hi-tech. Any medium-sized machinery companies can make it.The premise is a series of sound supporting industries

man it will be sexy to see this monorail juggling through thesebuildings in Mumbai

mumbai17.jpg

mumbai18.jpg

mumbai19.jpg

Monorails are planned for Bangalore also....but may take time since Metro rail is not completed yet

Monorails are planned for Bangalore also....but may take time since Metro rail is not completed yet

Mumbai metro is not completed yet either. They are separate projects and dont interact with each other. It depends on clearances and land acquisition.

Mumbai metro is not completed yet either. They are separate projects and dont interact with each other. It depends on clearances and land acquisition.

I know but that is the way it is put in phases...they are planning to start only after completion of current phase of Metro rails

Mumbai has 3 forms of transportation systems. BRTS, Metro and Monorails. Metro is extensive and covers all parts of the city. Brts and monorails act as feeder systems to metro and also low distance travel.

And wat abt the new and shiny local trains??how could u miss them??:hitwall:..............metro and monorails are not yet fully operational..

Relax friend. This is the face of all South Asian countries including Pakistan. China too, who call themselves a Supah dupah world power. Here you can see the divide between the rich communists and the poor peasants...

The glittering towers of the Chinese city of Shenzhen
look down on the humble squatter communities.

So what you're seeing in Mumbai isn't an exception and nothing for you to dance about!! :P

I do not know why you drag china here, because you dragged china here, I have to give som comments.
The poverty exists in every country, but the level and the rate is different. We do not have people like indian untouchable and children starving to death and the world highest poverty rate, and I do not wanna share the pics here, because they are to atrocious to watch. or you wanna see?

By the way, average earning of people in the pics is aroud 400-500$ per month, it is much higher than indian, but they just can not affard the apartment in ShenZhen. After earning enough money in ShenZhen, most of them go back to their home and start a good live.:smitten: They have totally different future life compaired to your poor PPL.

Bet Indian men will fell really manly :azn:

@2nd pic

WOW.. You can see the divide between rich & poor in India, on that pic...
Slums in the background and multi million dollar railline on top...

Great pics BTW

Have you noticed how many of those house got dish antennas on their roof tops?

Great Pics!!!! :tup:

Can anyone explain to me whats the basic difference b/w a monorail & metro??

BTW, why aren't they constructing metro in mumbai??

Great Pics!!!! :tup:

Can anyone explain to me whats the basic difference b/w a monorail & metro??

BTW, why aren't they constructing metro in mumbai??

Basic difference - metro 2 rails - Mono rail - a single rail.

Congrats !! Need to bring atleast monorails in all A and B class cities.

Basic difference - metro 2 rails - Mono rail - a single rail.

:D Thats too BASIC :D

I know that bro, what i meant was what different purpose it serves than a metro, is it a low cost solution of a metro??

Back
Top Bottom