What's new

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

Metros are absolutely necessary, they have even automated things heavily through using advance terminals which in turn saves costs. Metro cars are driverless, the gates are automated. They have one girl sitting at the cash counter for the occasional bloke that needs to recharge their metro cards through cash. Regular metro commuters use online rechargeable cards.

They have even brought in now credit cards linked with the metro system. Just swipe your credit card to the metro card reader and it will charge 2 bucks on your credit card. Reducing further human intervention in the process. Advanced tech always need high initial investment but running costs are always cheaper.

Similar to delhi metro though delhi metro dont commute you on credit....need metro rechargable cards or paid tokens.

i have two questions here,but you anwsered none.if you don't want to answer ,no need to bs here. do you know the meaning of AVERAGE?
Each country have experienced power shortages,it is not your patent and we faced many years ago.so it is nothing shame,Do not be nervous!:azn:

Yup.
Power shortages happen because of excessive government control of power sector which leads to corruption.
Once the power sector is privatized or even partially privatized, the power deficit will be history.
But then again it's not so easy because the politicians will loose their money making business :(

Lol! dont try to make me laugh dude.

the poor in mumbai are mostly migrants from poor villages...

If they have so much big land , why didnt they stay there, THINK about it

Maybe 1 in 50 slums in India have sattelite TV.

And Pakistanis dont smuggle sattelites from India. Please grow up. Nothing can go across the border. Also, Pakistanis are more well informed & technology informed than Indians... There is more percentage of users who use internet in Pakistan than in India.

It was a joke. The train was pink which is why I cracked that.

ignore such people ......just enjoy the pics....n by the way 30 out of 50 slums have satellites as it comes quite cheap over here....u will see satellites mushroomed every where in slums over here.....and....

List of countries by number of Internet users - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ....india ranked third

Same here in Jaipur. Created so much problem. But they are saying that they might start the services in 2013. I don't believe it but I certainly hope so.

Delhi Metro was great ad I hope the Jaipur Metro will also be that great. It is going to increase property prices too. :D

And save us money who has to spend a lot for taxi or for petrol. :D

The construction helped to provide employment to poor.

dude dis you saw how they demolished all the houses in a line in sodala jaipur..... dey payed the owners pretty good for that....and the metro in jaipur is of three levels which makes it more awesome n yeah they will run the metro before state elections which are in octbr or dcmbr 2013 i guess

Bet Indian men will fell really manly :azn:

@2nd pic

WOW.. You can see the divide between rich & poor in India, on that pic...
Slums in the background and multi million dollar railline on top...

Great pics BTW

tum us gandi makkhi ki tarah ho jo sabhi achchhi jagaho par ghumne ke bad baethti ta t ti par hi hai.

:D i liked the color's. and can anyone tell me spac's of coach's ?

In Mumbai you can forget the spec's of any transportation mode like this.:P We Mumbaikars are just like this.Using them to extreme limit.

They are poor in Mumbai but in their native village they are rich because of huge land they own(but they prefer not to farm because of our scum government's screwed up policies)...they just are not rich enough to buy house in Mumbai...You can see that they even have satellite TV..how many pakistanis have satellite TV apart from the ones smuggled illegally from India?

Mate you can count me in the same league. My family do owns lands in our native place Varanasi. Even our monthly income is around 1.25 lakhs Indian Rupee/month but we are not able to buy a 3 bedroom flat in our Bandra Khar road locality where we are living since last 4-6 decades. We are considering the same in areas like Kalina or to move towards suburban areas. It is really hard to choose a proper flat & buy the same in Mumbai but few people living in Zombie-land aka 1st world countries are not able to understand the same.

Even our current property price is well over 35 Lakhs collectively. Sometime I do feel shame in acknowledging that it's our greed which is going to haunt us in long run.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom