What's new

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

What is the difference between mono rail and metro rail??

Is there a difference in capacity or any other specification rather than mono rail is using single rail?

Yes Monorails capacity is less compared to metro. It will be used as a feeder to the Mumbai Metro and Mumbai Suburban Rail system.

And as the name suggests, Monorails run on single "rail". Its viaducts take less space compared to elevated metro, and is therefore suited for more cramped areas.

Baby, wapas aa jao gharr. Khwa-m-khwa jang matt shurro karra dena yahan parr! :D

@KRAIT @seiko @arp2041 take care of baby @Marshmallow, else Webby may do it. He is also very sensitive about her wellbeing.

Sure we will take good care of her :enjoy:

muiw0i.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
It is said that Sreedharan was invited as a technical consultant for Dubai Metro.. He refused it citing that Cochin Metro was also been planned at that time.. He wanted to do something for his state.. Look now where Dubai Metro is and where Cochin Metro is.. Sreedharan could have worked for Dubai metro and earned some cash..

Dubai's fare is like AED 2.1 for most routes and max of AED 4.9.

In Dubai, (Start Point) Jebel Ali to (End Point) Rashidiya Metro station is 52.62 Km and the fair is AED. 6.50 converted to Indian rupee it will come to Rs. 95, where us the maximum fair in Mumbai Metro will be Rs.8, so considering the ticket price indeed the Mumbai Metro is very impressive...

MumbaiMetroOne%28747%29.jpg

Mumbai Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I did not find the relevant information about our maglev, it is just what i guess.

1iza6b.jpg

Yup german maglev is based on EMS with guidance and levitation separated, just take a look at the pic... The power consumption is higher than Guidance and Levitation Integrated but it has the advantage of high speed with more levitation than the integrated type.... I don't chinese language to understand... my doubt is Chinese maglev system is based on HTS(super conductor) or PM or HEMS type?

In Dubai, (Start Point) Jebel Ali to (End Point) Rashidiya Metro station is 52.62 Km and the fair is AED. 6.50 converted to Indian rupee it will come to Rs. 95, where us the maximum fair in Mumbai Metro will be Rs.8, so considering the ticket price indeed the Mumbai Metro is very impressive...

MumbaiMetroOne%28747%29.jpg

Jebel Ali station is not open yet due to low number of passengers. Ibn Batuta station is the last point.

Dubai doesn't have a monorail as far as I know, it has metro system.

Mumbai has a metro and a monorail system both under construction.

Mumbai Monorail

925363d1336573761-mumbai-metro-rail-scoop-pics-img_5134.jpg

426126_10152599654955441_157658793_n.jpg

Mumbai Metro

Mumbai-Metro.jpg

1017252-bombay-beyond-14082012pm125659.jpg

It makes any difference to the end user?

Train, train hoti.

Dubai btw, also has a monorail on Palm Jumeira

Dubai will also have something called a Tram system connecting a lot of the areas in between the Metro coverage.

Dubai has launched new metro lines to take the existing coverage to 200km+ and if the pop crosses the 6m mark, they will take it to 400+.

when is chennai metro going to be completed? Btw I heard Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Metro (MEGA) is going to start construction very soon

Chennai metro is on verge of completion and it also had first test run for 10KM. Chennai metro will be in partial operation from end of 2013 and fully by 2014.
Monorail project has been already cleared and will start by end of 2013.

Jebel Ali station is not open yet due to low number of passengers. Ibn Batuta station is the last point.

Dude I travel regularly in Dubai Metro and the Jebel Ali station is open long back, and even till Ibn Batuta the ticket fare from Rashidiya Metro station is AED.5.80/-, you got the old fare and they increased the ticket prices a year back...

Looks very good, congrats guys :tup:
(and please those who are getting sissy fits over it being pink, grow up man, thats hardly the least relevant part, as long as its getting pepole from point A to B cheaply in a city like Mumbai, who cares).

otherwise too.why is pink an issue. it simple means even gurlz are allowed into the coach.......whats wrong in that?

UAE is richer and india a lot poorer per capita

I doubt if the bombay metro is making money on that fare.

gD9JIwq.jpg

A stupid design. You cant have a seating block in the middle dividing the lanes for evacuation during emergency

also:

There will be a separate carriage for female commuters and the pink coating of the seats will be worn off fairly soon, it is better to have it changed to stainless steel !

Where is it made?

UAE is richer and india a lot poorer per capita

I doubt if the bombay metro is making money on that fare.

It's feasible in India because of the scale of operation and lower operation cost, and more over in India the main motive of the public transport system is not to make money - but service to the commoners...

gD9JIwq.jpg

A stupid design. You cant have a seating block in the middle dividing the lanes for evacuation during emergency

also:

There will be a separate carriage for female commuters and the pink coating of the seats will be worn off fairly soon, it is better to have it changed to stainless steel !

Where is it made?

Very true it's indeed a stupid seating design....I am not sure about the country of origin of this coach, but who ever conceived this design are armatures...

Back
Top Bottom