What's new

Fire breaks out on Indian Navy's Stealth Ship

Exactly, if it's a small fire, some sort of supression system would have been activated, it won't take 6 hours.
Fail.
Fire suppression systems are switched off during welding works to prevent false activation.

Most important point.

NS Shivalik has thankfully reported no loss of life or casualties and no loss or damage to materials.

6 hours of fire, no damage to materials? sure if you also believe pigs can fly

Fail.
Fire suppression systems are switched off during welding works to prevent false activation.
No, suppression systems include heat and smoke detectors, you don't activate based on smoke alone. That's the design of all modern facilities, else someone smoking would have triggered a deluge. Unless you jack up your welding next to the sensors, there is no way the f&g systems would go off. How do I know this? I am a controls engineer designing f&g systems for plants.

No, suppression systems include heat and smoke detectors, you don't activate based on smoke alone. That's the design of all modern facilities, else someone smoking would have triggered a deluge. Unless you jack up your welding next to the sensors, there is no way the f&g systems would go off. How do I know this? I am a controls engineer designing f&g systems for plants.
Not really.
There have been many false activations of fire alarms in past during welding.
Which is why Military Engineering works manual mentions to switch off fire alarms during welding works.

Fire was on station Dr compartment, so only damage was to paper.

Fire was on stationery compartment, so only damage was to paper.

Not really.
There have been many false activations of fire alarms in past during welding.
Which is why Military Engineering works manual mentions to switch off fire alarms during welding works.
Care to share with me which manual? I worked in a plant with explosive gases and do welding with a gas detector, they would never shut down the F&G system, it's suicidal.

Welding in spaces with little ventilation such as internal corridors can cause fire alarm to trigger.
https://www.unr.edu/Documents/research/ehs/occupational-safety/jsa-listing/WelderArc.pdf

NO, it will cause the smoke detector 'alarm' to trigger and not the suppression system. Check the guidelines, even under tight areas, you only need a ventilation fan, which is a must in confined spaces, else you welder would die of asphyxiation. It DID NOT ask you to switch off the fire alarm system.

From your same source >
A fire alarm must be readily available
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Most important point.

NS Shivalik has thankfully reported no loss of life or casualties and no loss or damage to materials.

no loss or damage after 6 hours of intense fire. :lol::lol::lol:

Indian ships must be made of Vedic materials. :enjoy:

Maybe it was actually 6 hours of incense fire. :D

1.jpg

NO, it will cause the smoke detector 'alarm' to trigger and not the suppression system. Check the guidelines, even under tight areas, you only need a ventilation fan, which is a must in confined spaces, else you welder would die of asphyxiation. It DID NOT ask you to switch off the fire alarm system.

From your same source >
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
That's just the theoretical procedure.
But in Indian ships and factories there have been hundreds of incidents of false alarm activation.
Also on Indian navy ships, automatic fire suppression us present only in crew quarters.
Which is why they are almost always switched off during welding.

Anyways, It has been proved that fire happened in stationary room.

Fire alarm must be available, but not a suppression system.

Thus the system should've kicked in argument is false.

Fire alarm must be available, but not a suppression system.

Thus the system should've kicked in argument is false.
You are even smarter, a fire alarm and suppression system must both be available. There is a voting system in place before you set off the suppression system. I design this for a living, understand genius. :enjoy:

That's just the theoretical procedure.
But in Indian ships and factories there have been hundreds of incidents of false alarm activation.
Also on Indian navy ships, automatic fire suppression us present only in crew quarters.
Which is why they are almost always switched off during welding.

Anyways, It has been proved that fire happened in stationary room.
Alarm activation is normal, you just bypass it, as long as not heat and smoke being activated together. There is also a voting system in place before you set off the suppression. Stop giving excuses, there is something being swept under the rug here. :rofl:

Remember your Chakra incident where they gassed a dozen Russian sailors? All Subs has got such a system in place, because any fire on a submarine is deadly.

You are even smarter, a fire alarm and suppression system must both be available. There is a voting system in place before you set off the suppression system. I design this for a living, understand genius. :enjoy:

Alarm activation is normal, you just bypass it, as long as not heat and smoke being activated together. There is also a voting system in place before you set off the suppression. Stop giving excuses, there is something being swept under the rug here. :rofl:
Nope on most parts of Indian ships only fire alarm is available except in certain sensitive areas.
So a stationary room will have only fire alarm.

Stop talking about something you have zero idea.
Ask any Indian works contractor, he will tell you that all fire alarms are switched off in India before welding.

This may not be done in other countries but it is done in India

Nope on most parts of Indian ships only fire alarm is available except in certain sensitive areas.
So a stationary room will have only fire alarm.
Sure sure. so they let the fire burn away the oxygen and let the sailors suffocate? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom