What's new

Fire breaks out on Indian Navy's Stealth Ship

Sure sure. so they let the fire burn away the oxygen and let the sailors suffocate? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Fire fighting in most areas is manual to prevent false alarms.
In fact we removed the automatic Fire system in an Italian made tanker to prevent false alarms.

Nope on most parts of Indian ships only fire alarm is available except in certain sensitive areas.
So a stationary room will have only fire alarm.

Stop talking about something you have zero idea.
Ask any Indian works contractor, he will tell you that all fire alarms are switched off in India before welding.

This may not be done in other countries but it is done in India
I design such systems, your Indian contractors are working in substandard third world factories, sensitive areas like submarines and plants cannot shut down their fire and gas system. Hell even in Indian building there are only alarms and not suppression systems.

Fire fighting in most areas is manual to prevent false alarms.
In fact we removed the automatic Fire system in an Italian made tanker to prevent false alarms.
Fire and Gas systems go to a controller in modern ships. You can acknowledge the alarm in such systems, you don't have to remove the whole thing altogether. I guess Indians live in a different world.

Read below:

http://www.marioff.com/fire-protect...e/fire-protection-for-ships/naval-vessel-fire

Remember your Chakra incident where they gassed a dozen Russian sailors? All Subs has got such a system in place, because any fire on a submarine is deadly.
INS Shivalik is a ship not a submarine so safety requirements and procedures needed are far less.
All the at that time Chakra was operated by Russians not India.

Fire and Gas systems go to a controller in modern ships. You can acknowledge the alarm in such systems, you don't have to remove the whole thing altogether. I guess Indians live in a different world.
Nope.
there have been many false alarms so they are switched off all together especially during welding.

INS Shivalik is a ship not a submarine so safety requirements and procedures needed are far less.

Nope.
there have been many false alarms so they are switched off all together especially during welding.
Did you even read the manual you attached here. You are not supposed to do that, you are supposed to make sure they are fire alarms available, whether it is false or real, the operator will determine it. It is better to have false alarms than no alarms when shit happens. Understand? Gosh you guys are operating in third world conditions, ooo right, you are actually third world. :rofl:

Means your safety design is flawed and dangerous.

Did you even read the manual you attached here. You are not supposed to do that, you are supposed to make sure they are fire alarms available, whether it is false or real, the operator will determine it. It is better to have false alarms than no alarms when shit happens. Understand? Gosh you guys are operating in third world conditions, ooo right, you are actually third world. :rofl:

Means your safety design is flawed and dangerous.
Why should I read manual that is not used or applicable to India.
There have been mishaps because of false alarms in the past.
In fact in even British nuclear sub base switches of it alarms during welding even though there were 73 fires in that base alone in 2009-14.

Why should I read manual that is not used or applicable to India.
There have been mishaps because of false alarms in the past.
In fact in even British nuclear sub base switches of it alarms during welding even though there were 73 fires in that base alone in 2009-14.
I telling you for the nth time, alarms and suppression systems are two different things, just because there is an alarm, it doesn't mean the suppression system will go off. If India adheres to their own jugaad standards, be my guest, no wonder you have so many fires onboard your vessels. Isn't that a revelation? Only a smart *** like you will remove a costly automatic system and replace it with a manual one. With an automatic system, you can configure it to acknowledge the alarm and bypass it when there is hot work in progress, however you don't shut down the whole system. Understand?

If you are not reading that manual then why are you posting it to reply my argument? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. The very same manual came from you and now you ask me why you should read it? What kind of vedic logic is that? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I telling you for the nth time, alarms and suppression systems are two different things, just because there is an alarm, it doesn't mean the suppression system will go off. If India adheres to their own jugaad standards, be my guest, no wonder you have so many fires onboard your vessels. Isn't that a revelation? Only a smart *** like you will remove a costly automatic system and replace it with a manual one. With an automatic system, you can configure it to acknowledge the alarm and bypass it when there is hot work in progress, however you don't shut down the whole system. Understand?

If you are not reading that manual then why are you posting it to reply my argument? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. The very same manual came from you and now you ask me why you should read it? What kind of vedic logic is that? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Fail again.
Automated fire systems are a major nuisance in naval ships and yards.
Which is why British do not use them either despite 73 fires in 5 years.

Fail again.
Automated fire systems are a major nuisance in naval ships and yards.
Which is why British do not use them either despite 73 fires in 5 years.
Fail what? who says the British don't use them, all modern ships use them genius. You think it's some sort of 1970s tanker? Only geniuses like you remove a costly system because you don't understand the philosophy behind its operation. You can pay me, I will design a system for your primitive navy and industries.:D

@beijingwalker Have you ever heard this kind of transperancy from your govt ? Forgot military .

Here that multi million rupee ship is our taxpayers money .
They can easily cover this matter but they wont .That is democracy

No offence,But indian's military is really a joke.aircraft crashing,submarine sinking,warship capsizing & getting fire......

Care to share with me which manual? I worked in a plant with explosive gases and do welding with a gas detector, they would never shut down the F&G system, it's suicidal.

Systems will isolate if they want hot work .
Especially during welding ,both HD and SD would be active if it is not disabled .

Sure sure. so they let the fire burn away the oxygen and let the sailors suffocate? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And normally suppression agent would only in equipment room not in sailors room

Systems will isolate if they want hot work .
Especially during welding ,both HD and SD would be active if it is not disabled .

And normally suppression agent would only in equipment room not in sailors room
Nope, you don't shutdown the F&G system just because you want to weld something, you bypass or acknowledge it my friend. Through constant walkie talkie communications, you would know the current situation. There should also be a safety officer present during these kinds of hot work.

Supression agents like foam are use on flammable equipment, gases for electrical areas, other 'suppression system like water are used for sailor rooms, understand? There is a dedicated fire water line for this purpose. Else if there is a fire in the rooms, who is gonna extinguish it? I am beginning to understand why the IN is so accident prone, there are operating substandard vessels it seems.:enjoy:

Nope, you don't shutdown the F&G system just because you want to weld something, you bypass or acknowledge it my friend. Through constant walkie talkie communications, you would know the current situation. There should also be a safety officer present during these kinds of hot work.

Supression agents like foam are use on flammable equipment, gases for electrical areas, other 'suppression system like water are used for sailor rooms, understand? There is a dedicated fire water line for this purpose. Else if there is a fire in the rooms, who is gonna extinguish it? I am beginning to understand why the IN is so accident prone, there are operating substandard vessels it seems.:enjoy:

Who told you about the complete shut down ?.
Disabled only in areas where work is going on .Because HD will work on the basis of IR or SD through smoke particles.Yup Safety officer would always present but if there is a fire break out they can also contain that like this one where other areas are not affected .

This is not a 5 storey building kid.
This is a Navy stealth ship where each and every part design for a purpose .
In this kind of system most proably they use water and FM 200 kind of suppression agent .
Some areas like this document areas they only use fire extinguishers

Under stand kid ?

Last edited:
The weapon acquisition seems to be running faster than the ability to absorb that technology into the force.

This is Made in India. You cannot even dream of buying one forget making.

19965-1-f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom