What's new

* F-15 Silent Eagle stealth fighter could be considered as alternative to F-35

@ Thomas - On comparison where you put F-15SE with contemporaries.?

I have not really studied it in detail yet. But from what I have read it's a great aircraft. I would be surprised though if it could match the F-35 in the electronic warfare area. Also the RCS of the F-35 is supposed to be smaller.

In many similar type of threads i have marked that....
some Pakistani fellows say that "we should go for typhoon",
some says gripen will be fit for PAF
some says Rafael, j-10,j-11,jxx...:blah::blah:

now another one say "PAF should go for f-15 silent eagle".

!!!!!!!!!" jo bhi dekh liya wahi chahiye kya"?????:taz:

Dear. F15SE for PAF is more logical as It shares many things with F16 (Engines, Weapon systems, etc) and also no one knows when Jxx will be ready and F35 is somewhat impossible. F15SE is stealth only if used in A2A role and i think US might allow us to buy them. Not sure about F35 because i don't think so US will allow us to buy their advance tech atleast not in next decade.

f-15 in PAF is impossible

even pak cannot afford the old versions of f-15..

best option for us for air superiority fighter is only j-11B.

Its not about affording them new f-15 or the old ones.. the fact of the matter is the US will never sell them to us period.

@ Thomas - On comparison where you put F-15SE with contemporaries.?
I have not really studied it in detail yet. But from what I have read it's a great aircraft. I would be surprised though if it could match the F-35 in the electronic warfare area. Also the RCS of the F-35 is supposed to be smaller.
Here is something to chew on...

Boeing Studies Stealth Eagle Options | AVIATION WEEK
“It’s not how low can you go, it’s how low are you allowed to go, and the U.S. government controls that,” says Brad Jones, Boeing program manager for F-15 future fighters. “We can get to different levels depending on the country.”
That mean for export purposes, we can 'tune' the RCS of the F-15SE to any level we want. For the buyer, the choice is either to live with deal, or take the chance of losing the deterrence factor and even a war.

I had no idea the RCS values are regulated very informative.

They claim the frontal RCS of the SE is the same as the F-35. Obvious overall the F-35 would have the advantage still.

its very simple, if a country wants an air supriority fighter then F-15SE is the best choice! it has limited stealth capability, and its designed to do this specific role!
BUT if they want a multirole then f-35 is the best choice. it can perform CAS, limited air defence, ground attacks etc.

its very simple, if a country wants an air supriority fighter then F-15SE is the best choice! it has limited stealth capability, and its designed to do this specific role!
BUT if they want a multirole then f-35 is the best choice. it can perform CAS, limited air defence, ground attacks etc.

Most of all its the avionics that make the F-35 such a good aircraft. Many overlook this factor and write the aircraft off because it is not a ultra maneuverable aircraft that can dogfight.

In many similar type of threads i have marked that....
some Pakistani fellows say that "we should go for typhoon",
some says gripen will be fit for PAF
some says Rafael, j-10,j-11,jxx...:blah::blah:

now another one say "PAF should go for f-15 silent eagle".

!!!!!!!!!" jo bhi dekh liya wahi chahiye kya"?????:taz:

Its Freedom of Speech, you have got some problem with that??

nways we are never gona buy A dual engine fighter, so simply F-15 is out of the list

Here is something to chew on...

Boeing Studies Stealth Eagle Options | AVIATION WEEK

That mean for export purposes, we can 'tune' the RCS of the F-15SE to any level we want. For the buyer, the choice is either to live with deal, or take the chance of losing the deterrence factor and even a war.

Interesting piece of info, so this means that this can be regulated. Hmmm... may be if India coniders this we could bargain for the lowest RCS, what u say??? :devil:

I had no idea the RCS values are regulated very informative.
Ooohhh...Absolutely we can. For the interested readers...In radar detection, any body can be a radar emitter. The question is HOW can it become such an emitter....

- Active
- Passive

The 'active' method is when the aircraft is actually transmitting its own radar. The passive method is when the aircraft reflect off its body impinging signals. And of course if an aircraft is transmitting as well as reflecting signals off its body, its overall RCS value increases. This calculation is done without the pilot aware of the process. Remember, all airborne radar platforms are mono-static and in this configuration, the same antenna is used in both transmit and receive. So in the receive mode, the antenna can pick up active transmissions from the target's radar as well as reflections of its own signals off the target's body. In all sales brochures blurbs, an aircraft's RCS is ALWAYS presented in the 'passive' mode and from the frontal aspect.

In the case of the F-15SE, we are creating surface and minor planform modifications to affect these passive emissions. The most major modifications are the canted twin vertical stabs and the covering up of ordnance. We covered up missiles and bombs by putting them inside external and conformal fuel tanks. Note to readers -- Conformal fuel tanks (CFT) are external fuel tanks. What this mean is that we control how much radar reflectivity those tanks can be as they are part of the electronic shaping process.

Another way to affect the F-15SE's RCS is through absorbers (RAM). No practical absorbers are sufficiently wideband enough to render a body totally 'invisible'. The word 'practical' imply that it is possible and yes, it is very possible to create layers of absorbers that has sufficient bandwidth to render a body literally invisible to radar even if it is standing a few meters in front of the antenna. But then the absorber material would be so thick that no aircraft could fly with it. So for the F-15SE, we can sell to close allies a model that has a far lesser RCS than to one sold to an ally with questionable long term allegiance. And he would be no wiser...:D

Last edited:
F-15 Silent Eagle is semi Stealth not fully Stealth rite????
Please...No such thing as 'semi' or 'full'. The official 'unofficial' standard is a clean F-16 at 150-200 km distance out.

Back
Top Bottom