What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Myanmar and Nigeria with Azerbaijan close to agreement to purchase.
Pak AF Commander, ACM Mujahid Anwar Khan visited the Azerbaijan AF Chief today. The AAF acquired ten MFI-17 Super Mushshaks a couple of years back, so is JF-17 Block III now on the agenda? With KLJ-7A AESA radar and more capable weapons plus low price it would be a good option. https://t.co/L6klH5nvSw
IMG_20210112_162014.jpeg
IMG_20210112_135747.jpeg

İ am not asking for a simultaneous project azeez birather. My post explicitly says AFTER we are done with Azm we can look to make a jet that is a futuristic work horse of mmrca category for that tim period(2040s-2050s) that might use JF17 as a template. And has stealth(stealth as we know it might even become outdated) or semi stealth features.
Makes me sad cuz U.S has used the sales of their old aircraft to keep the assembly lines running and use the sales funds to finance new programs.
JF-17 still has market
As soon as JF-17 "engages" IAF aircraft in any air skirmish in near future, it will definitely gain considerable share in the International market.

It all depends on Indian leadership, whether they want to assist PAC and CAC to sell JF-17 as hot cake or otherwise :)

IF, Azerbaijan is supposedly the next customer of Thunder and they are expecting a delivery soon, that only makes sense about delivery of upgraded Block-II with AESA. Otherwise, PAF has a lot to fulfill its own needs and there is no way for a delivery of Block-III for Azerbaijan by 2022. I assume that any foreign customer interested in Thunder with AESA can get Block-II in new configuration. Furthermore, recent PAF official interview suggests as well that older planes can be upgraded with air cooled AESA etc so one can make a wild guess that foreign customer can take advantage of such an option. Furthermore, PAF itself hasn't received the Block-III which is mostly seen as the top of the strategical asset & front line asset against growing thread from India, may not be exported till next level tech availability.

My Guess on the recent developments ......... With support of China, Pakistan, Turkey and Qatar, a version of JF17 is going to be made in a production line at Turkey which will be exported to Azerbaijan also.

IF, Azerbaijan is supposedly the next customer of Thunder and they are expecting a delivery soon, that only makes sense about delivery of upgraded Block-II with AESA. Otherwise, PAF has a lot to fulfill its own needs and there is no way for a delivery of Block-III for Azerbaijan by 2022. I assume that any foreign customer interested in Thunder with AESA can get Block-II in new configuration. Furthermore, recent PAF official interview suggests as well that older planes can be upgraded with air cooled AESA etc so one can make a wild guess that foreign customer can take advantage of such an option. Furthermore, PAF itself hasn't received the Block-III which is mostly seen as the top of the strategical asset & front line asset against growing thread from India, may not be exported till next level tech availability.

Do not forget there is a line in China, in theory two lines working at full capacity should be able to do 36 planes a year no?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom