What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Do not forget there is a line in China, in theory two lines working at full capacity should be able to do 36 planes a year no?

there is no formal line anywhere except Pac and you donot set up lines for 10,20,30 or 50 aircraft Pac expected to pump close to 250 so the line exists China just makes 40/42% rest mates with Pac share in China or Pac for all exported customers

there is no formal line anywhere except Pac and you donot set up lines for 10,20,30 or 50 aircraft Pac expected to pump close to 250 so the line exists China just makes 40/42% rest mates with Pac share in China or Pac for all exported customers
I would agree with @Yasser76 that a line exists in china. That is why all prototypes get built in China. However I do not think there is any need to waste bandwidth over it .
A

They're having issues with F16s. Does that make Lockheed look bad?

It only highlights Iraqi incompetence in maintaining their assets. Don't buy something you can't afford to maintain. Simple as that.
From what I remember, the Iraqis were forced to buy it, because of US pressure. The Iraqis were originally looking at a number of Russian weapons. In fact, a lot of the western systems the Iraqis use were forced purchases. The Iraqis preferred Russian, because Russian systems were more durable and didn't require a lot of maintenance.

Only last year Chinese line produced B versions and Block III Prototype, this was even confirmed by head of PAC

Do not forget there is a line in China, in theory two lines working at full capacity should be able to do 36 planes a year no?

Sir, my intention was in regard to possible AESA equipped Thunder for Azerbaijan. We are now transitioning towards in house production at most to save every penny for us. I will say no more but we have an extra line.

I would agree with @Yasser76 that a line exists in china. That is why all prototypes get built in China. However I do not think there is any need to waste bandwidth over it .
A
Only last year Chinese line produced B versions and Block III Prototype, this was even confirmed by head of PAC

All the prototypes were made under small scale production. You don't need a production line for that. In fact you don't use a production line for that even if you have it. The prototyping phase needs to be agile for the frequent changes in design. A production line, otoh, is completely rigid. That is exactly the reason why the design is frozen before production for a certain number of units. Be it aircraft, cars, or bicycles. That is also how aircraft can have prototypes built without ever receiving any orders. It would also not make any sense to build an entire production line for a hand full of units.

Furthermore, you can't just have a production line sitting there without producing anything. It is a massive waste of resources and costs. If China is not producing JF-17s then they have no production line there.

Last edited:
Naf order and dual seater, janes etc states NAF wants two dozen, ordered 10 so far

IMG_5234.JPG

JF-17 Block 3 Official proposal for Argentina.

Regards

Regards

10 Single seaters (Block 3) + 2 Two seaters (Block ¿2, 3?), with 4 AA missiles (2 BVR + 2 WVR) each plane. Unit price U$S 50M (single seater for sure). Options for engine are RD-93MA or RD-33MK. Ejectable seat HTY-5D.

Regards

Last edited:

Regards

10 Single seaters (Block 3) + 2 Two seaters (Block ¿2, 3?), with 4 AA missiles (2 BVR + 2 WVR) each plane. Unit price U$S 50M each (single seater for sure). Options for engine are RD-93MA or RD-33MK. Ejectable seat HTY-5D.

Regards

I'm guessing it's the Chinese FC-1 BLK 3 that comes with pure Chinese specs & equipment's as the Pakistani one's ( JF-17 ) use American martin baker ejection seats.

Capture1.jpg

I'm guessing it's the Chinese FC-1 BLK 3 that comes with pure Chinese specs & equipment's as the Pakistani one's ( JF-17 ) use American martin baker ejection seats.

Capture1.jpg

Keep in mind the british embargo related to arms sale to Argentina.

Official proposal comes from CATIC and surely will see some replacement of standard Pakistani equipment.

Regards.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom