What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

the source is also NEUTRAL and appears WELL VERSED in these matters.

hence i will take his assessment as very probable
Neutral....Its that guys Anti China mentality taking over him......He have no problem with JF 17 if it was only Pakistani not china-Pakistan.........

And its his opinion on Internet fact......Not the reality.

BTW if this is good source then i hope you'll accept my blogspot sources neutral as well....

Neutral....Its that guys Anti China mentality taking over him......He have no problem with JF 17 if it was only Pakistani not china-Pakistan.........

And its his opinion on Internet fact......Not the reality.

BTW if this is good source then i hope you'll accept my blogspot sources neutral as well....

1. so far i saw no anti-china sentiment on his part besides he even praised the J10. so u r wrong about that

2.if ur blog is about ireland, i will take it as neutral

Hi,

There were two plus sqdrns of su 30's transfered to srinagar---the news was hot on this board a few years ago---that was long before the deployment of mig 29's at where they are.

Now if iaf has pulled them back after realizing their error---that I don't know---but I never read anything contrary to that.

Hi,

There were two plus sqdrns of su 30's transfered to srinagar---the news was hot on this board a few years ago---that was long before the deployment of mig 29's at where they are.

Now if iaf has pulled them back after realizing their error---that I don't know---but I never read anything contrary to that.

Units:

Lohegaon near Pune air base:
- 20th Squadron "Lightnings" (3rd, 4th batch)
- 30th Squadron "Rhinos" (5th batch)

Bareilly air base:
- 24th Squadron "Hawks" (1st, 2nd batch)
- 8th Squadron "Pursoots" (HAL, since 2009)

After deploing Sukhois in Tezpur (4 aircrafts, officially since June 2009), the IAF will post another squadron at the Chabua air base to boost security along the border with China in the northeast.
:)

New Delhi, Oct 19: To strengthen its air combat machinery along the borders with both Pakistan and China, India has decided to deploy its air superiority Su-30MKI fighter aircraft in Jodhpur in Rajasthan and Chhabua in Assam.

"We have decided to deploy the next two new squadrons of Su-30MKIs in Jodhpur and Chhabua," a highly-placed IAF officer told a news agency here on Sunday.

IAF will get these warplanes by the end of this plan period. "We are hoping that both these bases will be operational with Su-30s by the end of the 2007-12 plan period," the officer said.

Jodhpur will be the first Su-30MKI base along the Pakistan border. Till now, the IAF has deployed its main strike fighter either in Lohegaon near Pune or closer to China in Bareilly.

At the moment, IAF has three squadrons of Su-30 MKIs, two of which are based at Air Force Station (AFS) Lohegaon and the third is stationed at AFS Bareilly.

The fourth squadron of Su-30s for the IAF will be raised at Lohegaon in February next year and one of the existing Su-30 squadrons from Lohegaon will be moved to Tezpur in Assam by 2009.

IAF has started operating Su-30s in high-altitude areas too and currently one of the three squadrons is conducting practise flights from the Leh air base in Jammu and Kashmir.

India is already in the process of integrating its potent indigenous BrahMos supersonic cruise missile onto the IAF's Su-30s.

"We are currently working on integrating the deadly cruise missile on the biggest fighter aircraft in our inventory," the officer said.

IAF is planning to start trials of Su-30s integrated with BrahMos missiles by the end of this year or early next year.

"Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will start carrying out the trials by the end of this year or early next year. Both India and Russia will be working together to achieve this objective," the IAF officer said.

IAF has plans of inducting a squadron of BrahMos integrated Su-30s by 2012.

Though both New Delhi and Moscow, who jointly developed the missile, are working together to integrate the missile onto the Su-30s, Indian Air Force will be the first to make the system operational.

The Su-30MKI Block-III would be used during the trials of the BrahMos missile upon integration. The Block-III aircraft were first inducted into the IAF last year.

@ MastanKhan

I dont wanna say it... I dont wanna say it... I dont wanna say it...

I told u so

damn i said it :lol:

So you accept indians have realized their mistake to have thought of stationing su-30 near Pakistan. Now don't say anything stupid..

Now get back at thread Topic..

the source is also NEUTRAL and appears WELL VERSED in these matters.

hence i will take his assessment as very probable

OMG!....look dude.....taking your point, the article is pre red flag...and you know what happened in Red flag, even loaded F-15s without TVC busted MKIs and that too in clean configuration....you can watch the video....F-22 is way way way ahead of your best bird.....so dont fool your self.....secondly if you think that the sources are known so let me give you a background of david axe
David Axe is a military correspondent living in Columbia, South Carolina. Since 2005 he has reported from the U.K., Iraq, Lebanon, Japan, East Timor, Afghanistan, Somalia, Chad, Nicaragua, Kenya, Gabon and other countries. He is a regular contributor to The Washington Times, C-SPAN, Wired and many others. His graphic novel war memoir WAR FIX made Amazon’s 2006 top ten list. ARMY 101, his nonfiction tale about Army ROTC, debuted in January 2007. His picture book WAR BOTS received favorable reviews. His next book, a graphic novel entitled WAR IS BORING, will be published in 2010 by New American Library. Also, in 2010, NBM will publish LOVE & TERROR, the sequel to WAR FIX. Around the same time, Potomac will publish David’s non-fiction book about logistics, FROM A TO B. David is a contributing editor at World Politics Review and Warships International Fleet Review. He can be reached at david_axe-at-hotmail.com.
War Is Boring About Us
So this guy is a journalist, not a technical expert.
AFAS AK Dhar is concerned im not able to find any source....please give me any info on his technical expertise since you must have accessed his abilities....please do enlighten us all......I am eagerly waiting

Last edited:
Don,t understand this mentality of Pakistan or should it be China PUSHING FOR THUNDER SALES.

With people comparing Thunder to be equal to MIG29 & F16 block C and promising allsorts re performance at a Price of $15m each there will be nations knocking your doors down without PAF OR CHINA looking for customers.

Why would anyone pay $30m for a F16/C or a mig29m when the CAC company can sell equal or better Thunder at $15m

" you should be swamped with enquirys" soon

Don,t understand this mentality of Pakistan or should it be China PUSHING FOR THUNDER SALES.

With people comparing Thunder to be equal to MIG29 & F16 block C and promising allsorts re performance at a Price of $15m each there will be nations knocking your doors down without PAF OR CHINA looking for customers.
you're definitely not smarter than even 1st grader let alone 5th Grader.If you read a good book on prinicpals of marketing (cuz i think advanced marketing will be hard to diegest for a person with your IQ anyways) there is a very famous saying, "your product dont attract buyers for you but your effects" so eventhough we price it at say 15 Million, unless and untill we will not search for buyers, they wont come.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Why would anyone pay $30m for a F16/C or a mig29m when the CAC company can sell equal or better Thunder at $15m

cuz anyone may include people like you:lol:

It is good not to be negative, but being overly positive is a disease too.

We must understand that there is a difference between a sales prospect, sales lead and an actual PO.

It takes a coordinated effort from manufacturers, diplomats and politicians.

Unfortunately this link is weak in our case, mostly because of inefficiency and partly due to lack of experience.

true,
i was just answering the troll..

it is eally annoying how sme people on this forum are degrading the bird for nothing, this so often sets me on fire..:angry:

i hope you understand,
i agree that it was a bit toooo optimistic!

regards

OMG!....look dude.....taking your point, the article is pre red flag...and you know what happened in Red flag, even loaded F-15s without TVC busted MKIs and that too in clean configuration....you can watch the video....

lol. u dont know who u r talking to.:lol: i saw the vids 200 times. like fornoff said, Usaf lost in india because they used inexperianced pilots while mki's lost in US because they used inexp. pilots, but once they learn how to harness the ability,.... dint u hear him say that? I think iaf wanted the young guys to learn since mki is the plane of the future,

F-22 is way way way ahead of your best bird.....so dont fool your self......secondly if you think that the sources are known so let me give you a background of david axe. So this guy is a journalist, not a technical expert.
AFAS AK Dhar is concerned im not able to find any source....please give me any info on his technical expertise since you must have accessed his abilities....please do enlighten us all......I am eagerly waiting

if u r talking about
Raptor Shies from a Fight | Danger Room | Wired.com

then yes i agree with u. mki is no match for raptor, its obvious.

but its still much hyped by world aviation magazines (like fornoff said) and iaf pilots seem to love it

lol. u dont know who u r talking to.i saw the vids 200 times. like fornoff said, Usaf lost in india because they used inexperianced pilots while mki's lost in US because they used inexp. pilots, but once they learn how to harness the ability,.... dint u hear him say that? I think iaf wanted the young guys to learn since mki is the plane of the future,

if u r talking about
Raptor Shies from a Fight | Danger Room | Wired.com

then yes i agree with u. mki is no match for raptor, its obvious.

but its still much hyped by world aviation magazines (like fornoff said) and iaf pilots seem to love it

what a pitty, Plz go through the video again, Indian mixed was dominated by experienced pilots....however, their co-ordination was terrible...I still rember..
MKI Pilot: bogey 40 Miles to the east friend or foe?
AWACS: No threats within 80 miles
MKI Pilot: Fox One!!:lol:
and btw I am still looking for the professional expertise of authors of the articles you posted.....

Jordanians can be a really good market for JFT as they have round about 70 Mirage F1's and F-5E's ready to be replaced.

Hi,

You are absolutely correct in your post---there is no substitue for air dominanc fighters---they are bred and programmed to rule the skies and that is what they will do---they are the pit bulls---they are the bull mastiffs of the skies.

Trust me, if pakistan had the money and the resource---they would have had a fleet of F 15 strike eagles---with a mix of F 16's---. But we don't have any money--and we got these little birdies---.

People keep talking about the RCS of su 30---they have no clue what the war doctrine of the russian air force is---as a matter of fact---they have no clue as to what a war doctrine is---why is it designed the way it is.

Rest assured the SU 30 will rule the skies---the only problem is that you have stationed too many of them so close to our border---your su 30 engine would not have the time to spool up by the time they get the warning of our little birdies on the bombing run at strinagar air base.

You have given us the oppurtunity to take them down right at srinagar air base---right on the ground---1/2 of your su 30 fleet.

People say that the indians have awacs---and that is well and good---the thing is that the engine spool up time for the JF 17 is very short as compared to the su 30---with both the paf and iaf air bases so close to each other---the flight / strike time is also minimal---flight take off time to strike time---5/6 minutes---and that is the warning time the iaf will get with its airworthy awacs---ie---the moment the awacs sees the jf 17's takeoff---.

Five to 6 minutes is not enough time for the su 30 pilot to run to the aircraft---start it up and be in the air in a defencive position---by that time the jf 17 will have already struck or be on the final approach---.

The biggest concern for pak would the su 30's that are already in flight and circling around looking for prey.

IAF wants radars for hilly terrain

NEW DELHI: IAF now wants a major induction of long-range surveillance radars (LRSRs) and high-power radars (HPRs) to bolster air defence coverage in ''hilly terrain'' in the hinterland as well as along the borders with China and Pakistan.

This comes after IAF has already inked contracts for 19 LLTRs (low-level transportable radars), four MPRs (medium-power radars) and 30 indigenous medium-range Rohini radars, among others.

Apart from lightweight mountain radars for high altitude areas, plans are also afoot to procure nine more Aerostat radars to add to the two EL/M-2083 Israeli Aerostats inducted earlier as well as two additional Awacs (airborne warning and control systems) to supplement the first three Israeli Phalcon Awacs bought under a $1.1-billion deal.

The overall aim of all this is to ensure Indian airspace, which still has several gaping holes, especially over central and peninsular India, becomes impregnable against hostile aircraft, drones and helicopters.

As for the LRSRs and HPRs, IAF's global request of information (RFI) says these active aperture phased array radars, which will ''be used for air defence surveillance, command and control in hilly terrain'', should be able to classify large, medium and small aircraft, drones and helicopters at a range of 450 to 600km automatically.

Though IAF is yet to specify numbers, the procurement is likely to be large since the RFI specifies that the project will involve a ''phased manufacturing programme'' leading to indigenous production under transfer of technology.
With advanced ''electronic counter-counter measures'', the LRSRs and HPRs should also be capable of being integrated into the IACCS (integrated air command and control system).

IAF wants radars for hilly terrain - The Times of India

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom