What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Israel will just get it blocked. There are considerable restrictions on Egypt. JF-17 may be the aircraft that changes this.

They cant block Russians though, if it is a good order.

Remember, Russians offered 10 Mig-29 to Lebanon free..

perhaps they have decided that instead of speinding $$ on equipment prone to sanctions why not invest it on the JFT.
the airfram is there and putting all these $$$ into the program one can really take the plane to next level.
even the technology is available with Chines.

why so negative about JFT prospects,
hope you can get some order for your LCA as well (ofcourse only if it do fly)

regards!

perhaps they have decided that instead of speinding $$ on equipment prone to sanctions why not invest it on the JFT.
the airfram is there and putting all these $$$ into the program one can really take the plane to next level.

regards!

It is good not to be negative, but being overly positive is a disease too.

We must understand that there is a difference between a sales prospect, sales lead and an actual PO.

It takes a coordinated effort from manufacturers, diplomats and politicians.

Unfortunately this link is weak in our case, mostly because of inefficiency and partly due to lack of experience.

regards!

Not being negative about JFT at all, it is an achievement for Pakistan for sure to produce one air craft according to its requirements. I only saying about export prospects and other options as well for the nations who suppose to buy this. Just anaylsing that Eqypt got options to buy Russian planes. Also its future adversary nation's capabilities.

Regarding LCA, hardly we even think about exports as the production will be max 15 per year in serial production, not enough for IAF requirements.

regards!

I do believe that JFT will be perfect for replacing Egypt's low tier aircrafts. But the stronger and bigger airframe has many advantages in real war.That's why even though LCA have and will have top notch advance avionics IAF looks for MKI or MMRCA.

Old aircrafts in Egyptian airforce.

Chinese J7-53
Mirage V- 60
F-16 A/B- 40
Mig-21- 60
Total:213

These 213 aircrafts are very old and they are not BVR capable.
Better replace them with 80 BVR capable multirole JF-17s and 60 Rafale/SU-35 its well within their budget. ;)

Mig-29 and SU-30s they are nothing in front of Israeli F-16I. If Egypt really want kick *** jets than go for Rafale along with JF-17/French package. :tup:

Not being negative about JFT at all, it is an achievement for Pakistan for sure to produce one air craft according to its requirements. I only saying about export prospects and other options as well for the nations who suppose to buy this. Just anaylsing that Eqypt got options to buy Russian planes. Also its future adversary nation's capabilities.

Regarding LCA, hardly we even think about exports as the production will be max 15 per year in serial production, not enough for IAF requirements.

If can not quit thinking like an indian only, why do you venture on an international forum ?

Did you ever try to equate the fact that Egypt will get better ToT from Pakistan then from Russia ?

Did you consider Egypt may even get a production line for jf17 ?

Did you consider Egypt will be inclined to go for a Muslim country instead of others ?

Are you aware that Egypt assembles / produces K-8 already ?

Are you aware that plenty of PAF officers have been instructors at Egypt ? and other Muslim air forces ?

It is not to say that Pakistan has a definite jf-17 sale, but your arguments were shallow and based on your hate and lack of knowledge.

Softtec
I do believe that JFT will be perfect for replacing Egypt's low tier aircrafts. But the stronger and bigger airframe has many advantages in real war.That's why even though LCA have and will have top notch advance avionics IAF looks for MKI or MMRCA.

Are you even aware of the MMRCA ? or did you organs other than the brain to think this one out ?

Do you think Gripen ? or Rafale or F-16in or EF-2000 is a heavy / bigger air frame air craft by the same definition as a Sukhoi or a Mig is ?

or you are trying to suggest IAF is evaluating then for fun ?

Last edited:
Old aircrafts in Egyptian airforce.

Chinese J7-53
Mirage V- 60
F-16 A/B- 40
Mig-21- 60
Total:213

These 213 aircrafts are very old and they are not BVR capable.
Better replace them with 80 BVR capable multirole JF-17s and 60 Rafale/SU-35 its well within their budget. ;)

Mig-29 and SU-30s they are nothing in front of Israeli F-16I. If Egypt really want kick *** jets than go for Rafale along with JF-17/French package. :tup:

You missed Eygpt's F4 phantoms... they are too old now and need replacement. I hope the JFT deal goes through because they need to diversefy their airforce's inventory. Jsut realying on US is not the best option for sure.

Are you even aware of the MMRCA ? or did you organs other than the brain to think this one out ?

Do you think Gripen ? or Rafale or F-16in or EF-2000 is a heavy / bigger air frame air craft by the same definition as a Sukhoi or a Mig is ?

or you are trying to suggest IAF is evaluating then for fun ?

Huh..No need to behave rude and over smart.It just shows ur pride. Just read again carefully what I said. I mentioned stronger and bigger.Now before u write ur expert comment just think again..for example..do u know wats weapon capability or fuel capability or range of Rafale..how big radar MKI or EF can take for their bigger nose..what are the advantages of a same single engine J10B to JFT..All these advantages put them in a level higher and they can be utilized in many ways in a real war.

As per IAF they wanted to check all the best fighters available.Each may have some specialties.But IAF actually shifted its focus faster from its earlier stand of single engine mirage type fighters to something bigger and stronger one.And in which sense EF-2000 not in same league of MIG?

Huh..No need to behave rude and over smart.It just shows ur pride. Just read again carefully what I said. I mentioned stronger and bigger.Now before u write ur expert comment just think again..for example..do u know wats weapon capability or fuel capability or range of Rafale..how big radar MKI or EF can take for their bigger nose..what are the advantages of a same single engine J10B to JFT..All these advantages put them in a level higher and they can be utilized in many ways in a real war.

As per IAF they wanted to check all the best fighters available.Each may have some specialties.But IAF actually shifted its focus faster from its earlier stand of single engine mirage type fighters to something bigger and stronger one.And in which sense EF-2000 not in same league of MIG?

In order to keep the thread focused; lets leave it at that and let the readers make up their own mind.

they key is

BTW, This is Ironic ...
The thread is about JF17's SALE prospects and Indians are on the thread ARGUING !.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

You are absolutely correct in your post---there is no substitue for air dominanc fighters---they are bred and programmed to rule the skies and that is what they will do---they are the pit bulls---they are the bull mastiffs of the skies.

Trust me, if pakistan had the money and the resource---they would have had a fleet of F 15 strike eagles---with a mix of F 16's---. But we don't have any money--and we got these little birdies---.

People keep talking about the RCS of su 30---they have no clue what the war doctrine of the russian air force is---as a matter of fact---they have no clue as to what a war doctrine is---why is it designed the way it is.

Rest assured the SU 30 will rule the skies---the only problem is that you have stationed too many of them so close to our border---your su 30 engine would not have the time to spool up by the time they get the warning of our little birdies on the bombing run at strinagar air base.

You have given us the oppurtunity to take them down right at srinagar air base---right on the ground---1/2 of your su 30 fleet.

People say that the indians have awacs---and that is well and good---the thing is that the engine spool up time for the JF 17 is very short as compared to the su 30---with both the paf and iaf air bases so close to each other---the flight / strike time is also minimal---flight take off time to strike time---5/6 minutes---and that is the warning time the iaf will get with its airworthy awacs---ie---the moment the awacs sees the jf 17's takeoff---.

Five to 6 minutes is not enough time for the su 30 pilot to run to the aircraft---start it up and be in the air in a defencive position---by that time the jf 17 will have already struck or be on the final approach---.

The biggest concern for pak would the su 30's that are already in flight and circling around looking for prey.

s---.

Rest assured the SU 30 will rule the skies---the only problem is that you have stationed too many of them so close to our border---your su 30 engine would not have the time to spool up by the time they get the warning of our little birdies on the bombing run at strinagar air base.

You have given us the oppurtunity to take them down right at srinagar air base---right on the ground---1/2 of your su 30 fleet.

People say that the indians have awacs---and that is well and good---the thing is that the engine spool up time for the JF 17 is very short as compared to the su 30---with both the paf and iaf air bases so close to each other---the flight / strike time is also minimal---flight take off time to strike time---5/6 minutes---and that is the warning time the iaf will get with its airworthy awacs---ie---the moment the awacs sees the jf 17's takeoff---.

Five to 6 minutes is not enough time for the su 30 pilot to run to the aircraft---start it up and be in the air in a defencive position---by that time the jf 17 will have already struck or be on the final approach---.

The biggest concern for pak would the su 30's that are already in flight and circling around looking for prey.

<OT> but I do have to remind you that we don't really need to start the engines of the MKI at all. The JF17 has to face SAMs and India is believed to have Israeli systems that are considered among the best.
</OT>

<OT> but I do have to remind you that we don't really need to start the engines of the MKI at all. The JF17 has to face SAMs and India is believed to have Israeli systems that are considered among the best.
</OT>

Hi,

First of all---let me thank you for your approach---I hope the commander of the air base at srinagar has the same gameplan as you do.

If sams were that good---then pak would have invested heavily in them.

The problem is that the sam sites are the first casualty in the war---specially with all these anti-radiation missiles---.

Back
Top Bottom