What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

The JF-17 Marketing team should create a scenario to show how Malaysia can best use the JF-17 in this scenario to a conflict as shown in this video. DCS footage mixed with good Storytelling as in the Gripen marketing videos should make the solutions look promising to the Malaysians.

All the standoff and PGMs the JF-17s can carry as well as its EW suite to protect against enemy SAMs and its A2A capabilities are a reasonable price means it could be fielded in decent numbers and allow the Malaysians to quickly overwhelm the Singaporeans in any conflict. Even 2 squadrons (~36 planes total) could be enough to change the balance in any conflict (consider Singaporean air bases would be attacked and some Singaporean aircraft are not based in Singapore at given time), but they would at least need twice that many to reach numerical parity with the Singaporeans.

Last edited:
Tejas has usa engine, french fly by wire and isreali radar..so thats 50% of your fighter
I could reply to your points easily but then that would be kind of going Off Topic as this thread is about JF-17 and I'd rather keep tejas out of this thread. So let's move on.

Mind your manners please. @fatman17 & @ziaulislam are senior & respected members of this forum. Please be civil in your exchange.
My friend, in my view all members are respected not only 'seniors'. However, what you are asking for is not respect but deference. You need to understand the difference between the two. I am always respectful and civil in my exchanges and the stuff you pointed out does not fall outside that if you look at it in context. I could explain how further but maybe not required and also unnecessarily far from topic.
Pakistan can sweeten the deal by offering ToT for engine overhauls. It can not be too complicated. Malaysians are pretty smart, and budgets permitting, should be able to do as well as PAF personnel.
Pakistan should do whatever it can to sweeten the deal and will probably have to go further than this if we are to win this deal. But as I said earlier in the thread, prospects for JF-17 are not high in this deal and not because of the plane itself. Malaysia will probably choose a more established supplier than PAC/Pakistan.

You must be joking.
243 posts and you are OK to ridicule senior posters!. You need to temper your tongue. Respect your seniors and contribute your pointor view with respect to all members. Rudeness will not be tolerated.
A

Hi,

Very good analysis---.

The other important question maybe---is the malaysian air force's servicing & maintenance unit as capable as that of the Paf or the Plaaf---.

Maybe that is where the problem may lie---.

It would be interesting to see Myanmar air forces maintenance records of the JF17's---.
That is exactly where the problem lies sir, MKI blunder is the best example from our neighbor who lacks capabilities to service the jet and engine and as a result the fleet is grounded in mass

Mind your manners please. @fatman17 & @ziaulislam are senior & respected members of this forum. Please be civil in your exchange.

Pakistan can sweeten the deal by offering ToT for engine overhauls. It can not be too complicated. Malaysians are pretty smart, and budgets permitting, should be able to do as well as PAF personnel.
And sir, if this ToT thing you said is actually offered, I don’t see Malaysia backing off from this golden opportunity, it would be a win win for them, they could service their own RD-93s as well.

Plus, such a step offered by Pakistan/China will definitely come back with as great response (due to the sweetened relations between Pak-Malaysia these days).

If this about capability additions only, only then LCA Mk1/Mk1A had any chance ( Tejas is AF name).

But india and Malaysia are not love buddies. So no chance. And those are indian allies also are allies of US and Europe. So they give far better deal than India.

Furthur, there is no export variant of LCA, there are lot of top secret things going into especially Mk1A, which IAF never allow to sell to foreign country.

So, until then, HAL not display export variant, it hold no chance.
I don’t see anything “SO SECRET” in MK1A given the total outsourcing of major and minor systems.

That is exactly where the problem lies sir, MKI blunder is the best example from our neighbor who lacks capabilities to service the jet and engine and as a result the fleet is grounded in mass

And sir, if this ToT thing you said is actually offered, I don’t see Malaysia backing off from this golden opportunity, it would be a win win for them, they could service their own RD-93s as well.

Plus, such a step offered by Pakistan/China will definitely come back with as great response (due to the sweetened relations between Pak-Malaysia these days).

I don’t see anything “SO SECRET” in MK1A given the total outsourcing of major and minor systems.
If you believe so.

If this about capability additions only, only then LCA Mk1/Mk1A had any chance ( Tejas is AF name).

But india and Malaysia are not love buddies. So no chance. And those are indian allies also are allies of US and Europe. So they give far better deal than India.

Furthur, there is no export variant of LCA, there are lot of top secret things going into especially Mk1A, which IAF never allow to sell to foreign country.

So, until then, HAL not display export variant, it hold no chance.

You do know that the top of the things are from foreign countries.

The main issue with the JF17 is the Russian engine as the Malaysians have had cronic problems with the Russian engines fitted in the MiG29s which are now completely grounded. Hate to say this but the Tejas may stand a better chance with its American built engine. My bet is on the Korean jet to win this tender.
Yet 100 plus jf17 flying daily is wrong and the fat man is right

What does arms sales has to do anything with supply chain???

Okay you are on that level of understanding of economics of weapon system.

Stop hijacking the thread with LCA BS.

Create a separate thread for LCA export fantasies and how it can shoot down 80 F-22 at once.

Enough
—————————————-

Back
Top Bottom