What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Indian Navy's New Destroyer 'Kochi' Revealed

Khufyaa hatyaaaarrrr :agree:

More like for potential future upgrades,when they are made available.

Theoretically PN can hit upto 400kms from shore based systems with C-602s,
Non sense.Even if the said missile has ranges in excess 400 km,which I very much doubt,there is simply no way for PN to track a ship that far away.And without the tracking data,you can not get a missile lock.
but one must remember that IN will be operating far from their shores so will require more assets to be operational, PN & PAF know their weak spots in case of war with India but their doctrine is sea denial not sea control which could be done with lesser force but it should be well equipped and trained and have good strategies / plans to implement.

And what makes you think that IN's operational objective would be to encircle Pakistan,where as the type of systems deployed on-board IN ships clearly indicates to the contrary??IN carriers are different in role to that of the USN.The primary objective is to provide fleet air support against hostile naval formations,with the whole of IN surface fleet geared towards the elimination of opponent's maritime capabilities and there by degrading it to a limit where it will cease to exist as a coherent fighting force.The whole blockading thingee is nothing but pure hogwash.

The purchase of new subs, ships with MR/LR SAMs (Frigates, Cutters, Corvettes), MPAs, MBs, JF-17s with variety of AShM, Su-35 class jets are done as per required doctrine. Whereas ship and land based UAVs are also deployed while more advance MALE UAVs / UCAVs are coming, PN is also working on UUVs and in future UUAVs will be there too. This is biggest expression in history of PN and it will continue in coming future as role has changed and it requires more assets.

Oh please,lets not talk about future,lets save it for the future for the time being,shall we??And those cutters and corvettes and all you are talking about,none of them has any viable anti missile weaponry,which again would leave them extremely vulnerable against air strikes by strike packages from both IAF and IN CBGs.
And by the way,MALE UAVs are virtually useless against any modern warship because the former neither has the endurance,range to reach out that far out into the ocean,nor they have the requisite payload capabilities to carry weapons big enough to dent an warship.

8 cutters from US for littoral policing with 6 Type-56 ships, 4 upgraded/larger F-22Ps with MR/LR SAMs, 2 Type-54 Ships, MRTPs, MBs, 8 long range subs with AIP & CMs, Medium MPAs, 30 JF-17s are also approved by Gov't for PN.

There is no word about the Type 56 as yet,so lets keep it outside of discussion for the time being.
For the additional F 22Ps,again there is nothing concrete,just some rumors.
MR SAM upgrade - again,rumors only.
JF 17s - well,good for PN.But you will be naive to think that India will send its ships near your coast before taking care of your air bases.The biggest enemy of Pakistan is not India but the distinctive narrow and elongated shape of its landmass.............the lack of strategic depth while facing India.Your entire air force infrastructure can be crippled with land based weaponry,we wouldn't even have to use our air assets to do the job.Your runways and ADIGE will be the first priority for Indian planners and during the early hours of any potential hostility,Indian Armed Forces will concentrate their entire efforts and resources to get those fixed ASAP.And after that...............

What's your suggestion???

Name them after kings?? or some offensive words?

Both... We have 22 languages... We can choose names for 10000 ships...

I think Ships should be named after ancient India monarchs, rather than medieval ones.

Pure Sanskrit name like Amoghvarsha , Pradhumanya, Rudradaman, Pulkeshin ,Chandragupta, Rajaraja Chola sound much more badass than Hindi/Urdu/farsi names. Languages have a personality;Sanskrit (like German) need much more rolling of tongue than Hindi and has a warlike and utilitarian characteristic which make it much better suited for scientific output and warmongering; French, Italian, and Persian are better at romantic rendering. This does not mean that one language could not be used for another purpose, just that a language is more natural in one form than other. When I read Sanskrit names of monarchs like Rudradaman , it immediately conveys a sense of grandeur. Name like Akbar and Hemu does not.

Not exactly king names too.. Offensive ones.. We have 22 official languages.. Plus many unaccounted ones...we dont have dearth of names exactly..

Yes they can with 3 very powerful AESA radars on one AWACS and more then one working together with other assets. Karakoram Eagle were designed keeping IN's surface current and up coming capabilities.

The blessing for Pakistan is that Chinese face similar kind of threat from US which we have from India.
very powerful awacs ???? 3 Awacs in one Awac??? dude what are trying to say.... is this new theory of yours???? you are just assuming a lot your self buddy... will be, secret weapon, surprise, these are the regular words you use in your claims. .

Last edited:
Basel.

GETTING VERY HOT UNDER THE COLLAR AFTER SEEING these pictures

HERE BASEL JUST FOR YOU

Enjoy

nice video... am still amazed with @Basel claim... 3 very powerful AWACS radar on one AWAC.... he didn't told me specifications or anything :(:(.... i wang to see that Jumbo AWAC...

nice video... am still amazed with @Basel claim... 3 very powerful AWACS radar on one AWAC.... he didn't told me specifications or anything :(:(.... i wang to see that Jumbo AWAC...

You are not amazed you are stupid, read my post where did I say 3 AWACS? I said 3 AESA radar in dome of AWACS, huge difference what you said.

CP_qPIoUcAEFvW-.jpg:large

First Photo of INS Kochi at sea

Source: Livefist

You are not amazed you are stupid, read my post where did I say 3 AWACS? I said 3 AESA radar in dome of AWACS, huge difference what you said.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:o: personal attack....... i mentioned radar in my post. .. am not sure who is idiot. .. you are just making some alice statements. .. than debating about counter measures. ... lolz.... yet you are calling others fanboy :woot::woot::woot:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom