What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Indian Navy's New Destroyer 'Kochi' Revealed

Dear you don't know where I have worked in the past. I m not Technical person but I very well know how procurement and R&D works in Pakistan for military. You can not imagine how "Jugaro" Pakistanis are when it comes to military procurement and TOT / R&D.

Dear basel,
While "jugad/jugar" might help you in short run as a stop gap measure,but it certainly is not the way how research is conducted. The over reliance of pakistan on jugar(make shift arrangement) goes on to prove the short sightedness of the pakistani military establishment or perhaps lack of adequate research infrastructure!
R&D(as the rest of the world knows it) in pakistan is practically non existent as one can clearly gauge from the research output,i am not here to bash a country x or person y,i merely get flabbergasted when folks here make claims so ridiculously off the mark and away from reality. Now why do i claim so?- well because i am a research scholar and happen to know how research is conducted!
Interestingly I have noticed this amazing trend- i.e when you ask pakistani folks to support their argument based on research papers/patents they flounder! they simply cant reply in a logical and rational manner when you ask them to point out pakistani contribution(in form of PATENTS/research papers) in aerospace research in general and jf-17 in particular.
Or what was the gain to the pakistani aerospace industry in general? Did it create any sort of ecosystem?

ASROC looks same because that they are suppose to be but placement is completely different

in case of kolkata : ASROC----VLS----GUN
in cas of F22P:SAMs---GUN ----ASROC
Dear basel,
While "jugad/jugar" might help you in short run as a stop gap measure,but it certainly is not the way how research is conducted. The over reliance of pakistan on jugar(make shift arrangement) goes on to prove the short sightedness of the pakistani military establishment or perhaps lack of adequate research infrastructure!
R&D(as the rest of the world knows it) in pakistan is practically non existent as one can clearly gauge from the research output,i am not here to bash a country x or person y,i merely get flabbergasted when folks here make claims so ridiculously off the mark and away from reality. Now why do i claim so?- well because i am a research scholar and happen to know how research is conducted!
Interestingly I have noticed this amazing trend- i.e when you ask pakistani folks to support their argument based on research papers/patents they flounder! they simply cant reply in a logical and rational manner when you ask them to point out pakistani contribution(in form of PATENTS/research papers) in aerospace research in general and jf-17 in particular.
Or what was the gain to the pakistani aerospace industry in general? Did it create any sort of ecosystem?

Currently Pakistani economy does not allow huge R&D funds, also huge corruption is there too, but R&D culture is on the rise and Universities, Colleges, Schools are now working with various local and foreign research organizations, large numbers of student are going abroad for study in various tech fields (Germany, Australia, China very popular destinations) China is offering free PhD in various fields if selected, only return ticket needs to be purchased all other expense are responsibility of China.

but R&D culture is on the rise and Universities, Colleges, Schools are now working with various local and foreign research organizations, large numbers of student are going abroad for study in various tech fields (Germany, Australia, China very popular destinations)

Dear basel!
How do you quantify the quality of research culture in Pakistan? I mean ,I certainly know the numbers have increased- not to mention the wide spread plagiarism

but has the quality increased? I'm afraid no!
Do the local Industry delegate research work to universities? Or what is the level of academia-industry interaction?

Dear basel!
How do you quantify the quality of research culture in Pakistan? I mean ,I certainly know the numbers have increased but has the quality increased? I'm afraid no!
Do the local Industry delegate research work to universities? Or what is the level of academia-industry interaction?

How you know that? Do you know how far we have come in robotics even in educational institutions? How much research going on UAVs, UUVs? How much research in agriculture is going on? Indians don't have a clue about it.

Our LUMS student have received first patent from US in ECM for ground based radar, its one example that we are progressing in R&D.

Do you know how far we have come in robotics even in educational institutions? How much research going on UAVs, UUVs? How much research in agriculture is going on? Indians don't have a clue about it.

Our LUMS student have received first patent from US in ECM for ground based radar, its one example that we are progressing in R&D.

Hi dear Basel!
Oh well you're mistaken my friend,not only indians but the entire scientific world knows how much research is going on in pakistan?How do they assess it?Well it is simple- the numbers tell the quantity and the citations,impact factor etc tells the quality of research.To assess innovation one need to look at the creation of intellectual property right-or patents! While i appreciate the efforts of pakistani students to file a patent in US in the field of ECCM,i am a bit critical of it's nature- whether it was a software algorithm or a hardware machine?-i suspect it to be former. I was also shocked to know(obviously from reading various pakistani news papers that this was perhaps the first pakistani patent in USTPO)!
Now here is the most imporTANT point and that is the application or impact of research and IP on local industry.Has pakistan been able to produce her own AESA radars like india did?
Just to quote an example- here are couple of very recently desgined indian AESA radars that use indian patented T/R module design that has 8 distinct T/R modules embedded on a single IC- it is known as TRMM(transmit recieve multi module) in indian research literature-
11935016_1204038722957684_5637718651279118928_n.jpg
11903853_1204038679624355_4431638803802972459_n.jpg
11224439_1204038702957686_5722451320622560410_o.jpg

Now as you can clearly see,that in our case,LRDE-bangalore filed the patent in T/R module design and their TRMMs are now being implemented in a host of newly designed indian AESA radars.Btw this radar in the picture above has a range of 400kms against a 2m^2 target

Hi dear Basel!
Oh well you're mistaken my friend,not only indians but the entire scientific world knows how much research is going on in pakistan?How do they assess it?Well it is simple- the numbers tell the quantity and the citations,impact factor etc tells the quality of research.To assess innovation one need to look at the creation of intellectual property right-or patents! While i appreciate the efforts of pakistani students to file a patent in US in the field of ECCM,i am a bit critical of it's nature- whether it was a software algorithm or a hardware machine?-i suspect it to be former. I was also shocked to know(obviously from reading various pakistani news papers that this was perhaps the first pakistani patent in USTPO)!
Now here is the most imporTANT point and that is the application or impact of research and IP on local industry.Has pakistan been able to produce her own AESA radars like india did?
Just to quote an example- here are couple of very recently desgined indian AESA radars that use indian patented T/R module design that has 8 distinct T/R modules embedded on a single IC- it is known as TRMM(transmit recieve multi module) in indian research literature-
View attachment 261290 View attachment 261291 View attachment 261292

Now as you can clearly see,that in our case,LRDE-bangalore filed the patent in T/R module design and their TRMMs are now being implemented in a host of newly designed indian AESA radars.Btw this radar in the picture above has a range of 400kms against a 2m^2 target

You do realize(I hope) that you are beating your head against a stellar example of the commonly found "Kala akshar bhains barabar" category of chaps at PDF?

Hi dear Basel!
View attachment 261290 View attachment 261291 View attachment 261292

These are swordfish radar or what?pardon me if I am wrong.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom