What's new

EXCLUSIVE: Indian Navy's New Destroyer 'Kochi' Revealed

lol..........we know chinese made AESA AWACS will detect .....But can they detect a stealth ship at 400 km ?

Yes they can with 3 very powerful AESA radars on one AWACS and more then one working together with other assets. Karakoram Eagle were designed keeping IN's surface current and up coming capabilities.

The blessing for Pakistan is that Chinese face similar kind of threat from US which we have from India.

Yes they can with 3 very powerful AESA radars on one AWACS and more then one working together with other assets. Karakoram Eagle were designed keeping IN's surface current and up coming capabilities.

My dear friend Karakoram eagle is not AESA.And secondly they can not pick up a stealth ship at 400kms. Can you kindly post the relevant details directly from the manufacturer's site?chinese company that designed it?

Last edited:
Yes they can with 3 very powerful AESA radars on one AWACS and more than one working together with other assets. Karakoram Eagle were designed keeping IN's surface current and up coming capabilities.
do you know how a AWACS or specifically radars works?

My dear friend Karakoram eagle are not AESA.And secondly they can not pick up a stealth ship at 400kms. Can you kindly post the relevant details directly from the manufacturer's site?chinese company that designed it?

If it make you happy be it, but they are AESA in dome 3 AESA radar are installed.

My dear friend Karakoram eagle are not AESA.And secondly they can not pick up a stealth ship at 400kms. Can you kindly post the relevant details directly from the manufacturer's site?chinese company that designed it?
According to him if a radar is rated at 400 km (he doesn't even know at what what RCS) means it can detect search and track at those..............no affect of sea and air cutter, signal loss, electronic countermeasures, structural countermeasures, RCS of ships etc etc ........more like Rouhani AWACS and radars

To detect the position of stealth ships at long ranges more than one high power radars at different places working together will be needed.

As India advances in Navy China is also advancing and they provide everything which help Pakistan to keep India busy.

Check this out.

Meet the PLA’s Deadly New ‘Carrier Killer’ Drone | The Diplomat

I had requested comparison with other similar ships.

According to him if a radar is rated at 400 km (he doesn't even know at what what RCS) means it can detect search and track at those..............no affect of sea and air cutter, signal loss, electronic countermeasures, structural countermeasures etc etc ........more like Rouhani AWACS and radars

When did I say that? Once ships detected other assets will also come into play.

F-35... which is surly coming to IN... though Su-35 coming to paf or not

That will be major issue (if purchased) to PN because it will be very potent threat. Su-35 if not necessary but similar class jet is required and will be purchased.

To detect the position of stealth ships at long ranges more than one high power radars at different places working together will be needed.
so you don't know how a radars works

As India advances in Navy China is also advancing and they provide everything which help Pakistan to keep India busy.
like what patrol boats...........and if you harp about subs then all your presents subs are western made so whether it is china or not PN will be getting subs no matter what...chinese are not giving free subs you are buying it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And about INs advancement ,, PN can only try.......in next 5 years IN is getting
  • 4/5 AESA destroyer (in total 6)
  • 3 Frigates
  • 4/5 corvettes
  • one ACC
  • 15 Mig-29K s
  • 5/6 P8-i
  • 10/12 ASW helicopter
  • 10 OPV
  • 2/3 light frigate or heavily armed missile boat (only in case of IN, in POV of PN these are frigates ) + unknown nos of ASW under Next Generation Missile Vessels programme (in total 6) 2/3 nos of MCPV
not counting the Fast Attack Crafts and patrol boats

When did I say that? Once ships detected other assets will also come into play.
How and what will be INs repose?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And i asked you.............
don't go off topic

Last edited:
If it make you happy be it, but they are AESA in dome 3 AESA radar are installed.
My friend,unlike you i have my own share of experience working on phased array radars(rajendra PESA).I know the configuration you are talking about,it is just that the karakoram eagle isnt an AESA.I doubt if it is even a PESA. Why not prove me wrong and show a CREDIBLE SOURCE DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURER'S SITE?
PS- kindly do not post any pakistani source as i do not find them any credible(you are however free to post pakistani research literature)

F-35... which is surly coming to IN... though Su-35 coming to paf or not
F-35 not sure when it will happen we will see ....f-35 is at least 10 years away ...but if SU-35 deals goes through then ?

we have to think about new plan .....because SU-35 will come in next 5 years and which will be a threat just like SUBs

My plan buy some 100 of SM-6 or S-400 it will take care of SU-35 at 350 KM + away

According to him if a radar is rated at 400 km (he doesn't even know at what what RCS) means it can detect search and track at those..............no affect of sea and air cutter, signal loss, electronic countermeasures, structural countermeasures, RCS of ships etc etc ........more like Rouhani AWACS and radars
Range of a radar depends on a lot of parameter namely-
1)power aperature product(that takes into account both power and effective area of the radar)
2)RCS of the target
3)Beam used to illuminate the target(for instance longer waves suffer lesser attenuation vis-a-vis shorter wavelength)
4)Aspect of the target

Range of a radar depends on a lot of parameter namely-
1)power aperature product(that takes into account both power and effective area of the radar)
2)RCS of the target
3)Beam used to illuminate the target(for instance longer waves suffer lesser attenuation vis-a-vis shorter wavelength)
4)Aspect of the target
those are already talked about .......and thanks for adding more points ..but basel don't seem to understand

But the target will not some dead ship but a stealth one............a lot of signal loss will happen due surface structure, electronic countermeasures will jam the signal or make more noise, structural countermeasures will try to absorb some part of the signal making more weak....

These force the AWACS to come closer......which will make it vulnerable to mig-29k now and long range sam in future which is my point

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom