What's new

EuroFighter Typhoon won Indian MRCA Contract...

If the IAF approves and the Defence Ministry decides to buy this highly modern and futuristic aircraft, then it would be the fifth production base for the Euro fighter along with Germany, Spain, Italy and Britain. (ANI)

That little statement said it all
It states if the eurofighter is chosen and it is a big if
However i will give benefit of doubt to GEO TV , coz a few months back when TYPHOON was undergoing trials , then also we had heard an indian diplomat saying that typhoon was leading the race , which could possibly be true
However what the German ambasador must have been refering to must be the evaluation report being disclosed in general public and then we all will find out as which aircraft has performed the best in trials and who know it could well be eurofighter ,and maybe the german ambassador has some knowledge regarding this .
Even then i believe that contract will still take 4-6 months to be signed and delivery will begin only in 2014

I was literally shocked when I read the header of this thread!!!...
I mean yesterday I was having a little argument with Sancho about timelines of MRCA.

and today getting this news like . pyasa ko paani milgaya...

Any way, false news:)......

Its good news now we have Raphale and a lot of options and Pakistani pilots in Anatolian Eagle already gain experience to counter Typhoon. :chilli::chilli:

Its good news now we have Raphale and a lot of options and Pakistani pilots in Anatolian Eagle already gain experience to counter Typhoon.

its way too expensive for u..... should concentrate on gettin jf 17 an f 16s .......
paf needs more no.s.....

Its good news now we have Raphale and a lot of options and Pakistani pilots in Anatolian Eagle already gain experience to counter Typhoon.

sigh sigh ...... lots of insecurity !!!!!!! :blah: :blah:

their is 50% chance for eurofighter to win the MRCA but untill final report will not publish we can't say anything. all the news agencies are only predicting,they r not sure...

Its good news now we have Raphale and a lot of options and Pakistani pilots in Anatolian Eagle already gain experience to counter Typhoon. :chilli::chilli:

1. You guys couldn't get France to sell those avionics for your J-17's then talk of getting the French to sell Rafale to you
2. Try cobbling up the cash for those J-10's your military needs then talk about paying 82.4 mill $ for Rafale .
:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli:

Buy the F-18....the Eurofighter is overkill. What is the use of another air-superiority fighter when the MKI is unmatched in India's neighborhood and the PAK-FA is less than a decade away?

The SH will complement the air dominance with unmatched ground attack capabilities especially as the Jags and Mig-27 are showing their age.

Right now SH is leading the race with Rafale following closely. EF-Typhoon has been asked to resubmit the bid after lowering price. Gripen is also favorite for some officials and F-16 and Mig-35 are virtually out of the race. Within a month everything will be crystal clear.

Right now SH is leading the race with Rafale following closely. EF-Typhoon has been asked to resubmit the bid after lowering price. Gripen is also favorite for some officials and F-16 and Mig-35 are virtually out of the race. Within a month everything will be crystal clear.

But .... when final decision come ?????

Buy the F-18....the Eurofighter is overkill. What is the use of another air-superiority fighter when the MKI is unmatched in India's neighborhood and the PAK-FA is less than a decade away?

The SH will complement the air dominance with unmatched ground attack capabilities especially as the Jags and Mig-27 are showing their age.

agree with you on the planes specs:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom