What's new

Erdoan to visit Gaza as Israel ties remain in deep freeze

He is doing the right thing, we need friendship of arabs more than friendship of Israel.
Ḥashshāshīn;4163424 said:
Israel can give you: Military hardware and technology. That's it.
Arabs can give you: Huge investment, trade, business, oil etc

So what is more important to you? Military or Economy?
The biggest mistake is to believe that attacking Israel and supporting Arab terrorists will improve your trade with Arab countries. Quite on contrary.

Look who is taking all the fattest contracts in Arab countries - US, UK and France. All 3 have excellent relationships with Israel.

On the other hand Iran which always supported Hamas and attacks Israel is isolated and sanctioned in Arab world.

I don't think this is called falling but rather getting freed from slavery.
I've told this to you zillions of times, in Ottoman Empire muslims were first class citizens. Even if you were right it'd be getting freed by someone else. Which is exactly my point, military isn't your "thing".
What's wrong with you? don't pick on me, it's not a good idea.
Relax soldier, "political animal" is an idiom :D
Definition of political animal in Oxford Dictionaries (British & World English)

Well, Erdogan does it again. I had the strongest feeling he would do this, and just prayed he wouldn't.

This entire shift towards Islam and Arabs, and disfavoring countries that don't follow fit those parameters is very disturbing to me. The lift on headscarf bans, religion courses in the military, more and more and MORE mosques being built EVERYWHERE, and who knows what else? Yes, we are an Islamic country, but before that we are a SECULAR country. There should not be an inkling of religion within the government or other public programs. Until our GDP per capita, literacy rates, and mean educational levels reach a certain level I absolutely believe people need to be told and made to stay away from letting religion rule their lives, not encouraged. Now don't go twisting my words: Its is perfectly fine to live your life by the religious code if you choose to do so, but not at the expense of logic, science, and facts of what it takes to be a developed, prosperous nation. When education and wealth is (relatively) low, people will be easier to fool/influence into following a path that leads to ignorance and intolerance (As we see in so many Islamic nations) as a means of salvation. Once again, please do not twist my words. I am not saying ALL the people in countries like Iran, Syria or Iraq are simpletons incapable of thought outside of religion - but the amount of violence, intolerance, and stubbornness speak for themselves. For example, we would rather fight and bicker over this Shia vs Sunni nonsense at the expense of ALL Muslims, and the nations, simply because thats the religion we believe in.

Of course, in Turkiyes case, trade and good relations with Arab nations is a good thing. I very much like and respect Arabs/Persians and their cultures and it makes me happy to see my country building those ties. But why is Erdogan so in favor of one side and so against the other? Is he not the one that constantly criticizes the US for "blindly favoring Israel and not looking at facts"? Yes, Israelis killed nine Turks, and I was upset about it too - **** happens. We set our conditions, and Israel met them (aside from the, in my opinion, unreasonable demand of lifting the blockade). I'm sure Obama had a role in pushing Israel to apologizing, but what gives our nation the right to now go and belittle theirs over this apology? Why does Erdogan not contribute positively to this event? If his sole goal is to bring about the best in Turkey, the answer is not to trade one ally for the other and that is exactly what he is doing.

Furthermore, we cannot ignore the fact that Israel has significant lobbying power over US politics. We cannot deny the fact that we need the US. I am proud of our nation, and despite our heroic victories in the past, I don't see us lasting too long in between Russia, the unstable ME, and ever hostile Greece without US and NATO support/deterrence. Why play with fire and bare teeth at the hand that feeds you? Yes, a firm stance against Israel is good - we shouldn't be pushovers. We should NOT keep trying to light and stoke a fire where there isn't one, or a need for one. This is politics, and we need to be open minded and play BOTH sides for the benefit of Turkey and its people - not for the sake of Islam or that idiot Erdogans tantrums.

Friendship with Israel with a firm/independent stance, as well as a warm friendship with ME nations (with an equally fair, firm stance on any wrongs they do to Israel - its a two way street, neither side is innocent) is what I would love to see Erdogan do. Not this childish, blatant Islamist approach he has been adopting as of late. I see him taking the honor and principles that our grandfathers died for, and pissing all over it with his personal preferences while repeating the same mistakes that other troubled ME nations are facing now.

I think while hes busy trying to track down previous coupe plotters, the military should carry a coupe out and get him out of office! Hes done the nation well, but I think he has outlived his usefulness. He is now taking Turkeys success and using it for nonsense and down a potentially harmful path.

Edited for grammar.

The biggest mistake is to believe that attacking Israel and supporting Arab terrorists will improve your trade with Arab countries. Quite on contrary.

On the contrary, Turkey’s total trade volume with the region has increased from US$9.5 billion in 2003 to US$35.9 billion in 2010. The increase in trade volume between 2006 and 2010 is 80%.

http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/tpr_e/g259_e.doc

On the contrary, Turkey’s total trade volume with the region has increased from US$9.5 billion in 2003 to US$35.9 billion in 2010. The increase in trade volume between 2006 and 2010 is 80%.

http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/tpr_e/g259_e.doc
In contrast to Iran, there was not much beside rhetoric in Erdogan's actions. He did not really support Hamas he did not really cut relationships with Israel. Actually Israel-Turkey trade kept growing all Erdogan's reign.

Allahu Akbar, Erdogan is the only greatest Muslim leader in the world! He sent aids to Gaza four years ago, against Zionism and owned Peres in 2009, the only leader to visit the Rohingwa Muslims been massacred by Burmanese, has a good relationship with Hamas, allow Syrian refugees to enter the border and is arming the Free Syrian Army. There is noway we could hate him, he obviously wanted to help the Palestinians and he knows the Fatah are useless because Israel will never accept peace. Everyone may wonder why he is still with NATO and the West but he admitted that he has not control on the military. The best Ottoman leader, may Allah praise him.

500 - Ottoman doesn't need military hardware from you, they have bigger manpower and more military than you so it is better with economics. Hamas is not with Iran anymore because Iran supported Assad while Hamas is supporting the Free Syrian Army.

I don't wanna see my country acting like an imperialist, acting like another USA. This is just my humble opinion.
They are not acting imperialist, they are helping the Muslim world and they were helping the Muslim world for 700 years. America is the criminal, they sent drones in foreign lands while Ottoman doesn't.

A few people here can not decide the international policy of turkey, i think and most of the turkish people also think that turkey belongs to east and must cooperate with the east and muslim nations. Eu is a just doggsshit for us, they are double-faced and criminal.
Totally agree! They should focus on the East and the Middle East only.

In contrast to Iran, there was not much beside rhetoric in Erdogan's actions. He did not really support Hamas he did not really cut relationships with Israel. Actually Israel-Turkey trade kept growing all Erdogan's reign.

So what your point. All he has done benefited to Turkey.

I've told this to you zillions of times, in Ottoman Empire muslims were first class citizens. Even if you were right it'd be getting freed by someone else. Which is exactly my point, military isn't your "thing".

I was talking about Arab people who lived under the ousted regimes not Ottomans. Getting defeated in a couple of wars doesn't mean anything, all nations were defeated in some points of their history, as you didn't win as well any war in 20 century.

Muslim conquest of Persia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arab

Military History Online

So what your point. All he has done benefited to Turkey.
My point that there is no any reason to chose between the Arabs and Israel, you can perfectly have good relationships with both.

Erdogan tried to build relationships with Syria at the expense of Israel. And you see how successful was that idea.

My point that there is no any reason to chose between the Arabs and Israel, you can perfectly have good relationships with both.

Erdogan tried to build relationships with Syria at the expense of Israel. And you see how successful was that idea.

Turkish relations with Arabs didn't start to improve but only after Turkish support for all Arab causes which included lowering relations with Israel. French and USA examples are totally different, Arabs relations with them are based on pure interests not real friendship or sth. We have nothing to do get from Turkey in case it worked against our interests.

Turkish relations with Arabs didn't start to improve but only after Turkish support for all Arab causes which included lowering relations with Israel. French and USA examples are totally different, Arabs relations with them are based on pure interests not real friendship or sth. We have nothing to do get from Turkey in case it worked against our interests.

If you love him so much,why not go and live there then.
You can forget about Turkey becoming like Iran.

Iranian revolution is not only Islamic revolution. It was partial ethnic reasons. Current Iranian regime at the hands of Azerbaijani Turks is better than the regime of Persian fire worshippers.

Imam Khomeini destroyed the pillars of Neo Persian fascism. Which is Good for Turks and Arabs. But unfortunately Saddam, the pawn of US and Saudi Sheikh, dynamited an outcome which might be bad for American business.

Peace be upon Israel ....
Arab is occupying Israel land and must go ....

These are words of truth....

Iran helped Israel in the 1967 war And armored divisions in Iraq's borders Until Iraq not to attack to Israel....
Most people iran love Israel:cheers:

Iranians and Israelis are not the enemy well Governments have problems with each other

The Turks could not do anything They are valet America:laugh:

Peace be upon Israel ....
Arab is occupying Israel land and must go ....

These are words of truth....

Iran helped Israel in the 1967 war And armored divisions in Iraq's borders Until Iraq not to attack to Israel....
Most people iran love Israel:cheers:

Iranians and Israelis are not the enemy well Governments have problems with each other

The Turks could not do anything They are valet America:laugh:

It is well known that both Persians and Kurds are collaborators of Zionists and USA. Thanks to you for presenting it honestly.

It is well known that both Persians and Kurds are collaborators of Zionists and USA. Thanks to you for presenting it honestly.

If we re-unite Israel Together Turks and Arabs will suppress...

Fear the day when we get together:mps:

Back
Top Bottom