What's new

Election results: Assam, Kerala, TN and West Bengal

BTW, what happened with all the hullagulla about PK helping Congress in Assam ?
As someone one mentioned in a panel discussion today.. PK could be Modi's mole in Congress. How on earth someone could propose a Gandhi to be named as CM candidate for UP?

@Rain Man @Mike_Brando @scorpionx so another five years of jihadi didi then? then again what choice do you guys have?.. case of lessor of two evils, i suppose! :-)
I still can not believe the result. The left Cong alliance definitely did not expect much from the rural South Bengal, but urban votes have been proved to be devastating for them. TMC's success in Kolkata proper definitely is for now a matter of deep scrutiny for social scientists.

mamta Banerjee's gundas were successful in coercing the voters. :coffee:

I am afraid it was not so. This is one of the most free and fair election we had since 2011. Even the opposition praised the police administration for maintaining strict discipline during election.

And in West Bengal...

They got Basirhat South last time.

Last edited:
BTW, what happened with all the hullagulla about PK helping Congress in Assam ?

PK will not come to work for Congress in UP election also. He is a heavily overrated campaign manager who can only win those elections that the party would have won anyway, he knows that very well and he won't lose his brand equity by campaigning for a losing side.

In fact the whole media power is hugely overrated, in reality media has far less importance than they actually claim, media relentlessly campaigned against Modi for decades, what happened? The biggest media house in Bengal, ABP Group campaigned relentlessly against Mamata Banerjee using all its print, TV and internet channels for the last 3-4 years, they almost started acting like psychos losing all sense of proportion lately, what happened?

I still can not believe the result. The left Cong alliance definitely did not expect much from the rural South Bengal, but urban votes have been proved to be devastating for them. TMC's success in Kolkata proper definitely is for now a matter of deep scrutiny for social scientists.

I am afraid it was not so. This is one of the most free and fair election we had since 2011. Even the opposition praised the police administration for maintaining strict discipline during election.

They got Basirhat South last time.

1. Appeasement
2. Bribery
3. Fear and Coercion

Ci0fgElXEAABH47.jpg
Rajasthan was under UPA rule in 2014.
I think NDA is going to loose Punjab.

1. Appeasement
2. Bribery
3. Fear and Coercion
Spectre, these three do not explain her sweeping success in urban Bengal where people voted freely yet knowing the extraordinary moral deterioration among her front bench political ranks. In rural Bengal her populist strategy clicked, but the urban votes got more consolidated behind TMC for mysterious reason. Even a minister serving in jail managed to win!!

People are blaming Rahul Gandhi, but he is too worthless to fail also, he is nothing. Rahul Gandhi as a leader and policymaker in Congress doesn't really exist, he is barely anything more important than a lifeless photo. Congress is being entirely controlled by Sonia Gandhi, she is the one calling all the shots in Congress, she was the one running the UPA government by reducing the PM to a mere clerk, and she is the one responsible for the despicable situation of Congress, Congress needs to get rid of her first, if she goes, Rahul Gandhi goes automatically.

It's true we all know the power lies with Sonia ji, she handpicked MS to be PM but really she called the shots and again now she is grooming her dumbo son and telling him what to do :disagree: like he is still suckling on her breasts

I am surprised Himachal Pradash is with Congress when it has one of the highest Hindu population there, is the Chief Minister corrupt or did a bad job before? as this state was BJP earlier

Are we doing to remove article 370 in Kashmir now?? when will Ram Mandir construction start?

After Ram Mandir next focus will be on Kashi which also needs to be demolished

Spectre, these three do not explain her sweeping success in urban Bengal where people voted freely yet knowing the extraordinary moral deterioration among her front bench political ranks. In rural Bengal her populist strategy clicked, but the urban votes got more consolidated behind TMC for mysterious reason. Even a minister serving in jail managed to win!!

This is no big mystery - What was the alternative? BJP did not even try to put up a fight because it has no organization or leaders - they were scraping the bottom of barrel in terms of candidates with good electability , Left+ Congress is just TMC in a different skin - the same policies of syndicate et all.

Not good as expected in kerala ,I think BJP-BDJS alliance didn't performed well
Not good as expected in kerala ,I think BJP-BDJS alliance didn't performed well
nemathu mathram kanakku koottalill paalicha patti..athu ozhichu nirthiyaal njaan poorna santhoshavaanu prathekichum vellapalliyude kaaryathill..avanulla pani varaan irikkunatheyullu..njaan ente vaaku paalikunnu..ella aashamsakalum nerunnu..poorna thripthiyode vida chollunnu..bye bye for ever..thankyu..nanni..

Back
Top Bottom