What's new

Election results: Assam, Kerala, TN and West Bengal

Namesake becomes nemesis for VCK leader Thol Thirumavalavan

Namesakes can be nemesis for some candidates. Victory was stolen away from dalit leader Thol Thirumavalavan, who contested in the Katturmannarkoil constituency in Tamil Nadu, by an independent candidate named T Thirumavalavan.

The latter got only 289 votes, but that was enough to trip the Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi leader who lost by 83 votes.

There has been a lot of very small margin victories this elections few wins below 500 votes, and even more 2-3k vote wins. Shows how the easily picture couldve been very different, extremely close election!

Also first time, not a single commie in TN assembly!

Also something interesting from WB:
Congress vote share: 12%
Won:44

BJP Vote shar: 10%
Won: 3

2% made such a big difference!

I still can not believe the result. The left Cong alliance definitely did not expect much from the rural South Bengal, but urban votes have been proved to be devastating for them. TMC's success in Kolkata proper definitely is for now a matter of deep scrutiny for social scientists.

I am afraid it was not so. This is one of the most free and fair election we had since 2011. Even the opposition praised the police administration for maintaining strict discipline during election.

They got Basirhat South last time.
Is it true that BJP went into this election half-hearted in WB.. & had a tacit understanding with TMC to finish off the left? Atleast that's what Yechury is alluding to.. & many analysts!

I'm certain this guy is a part of Modi's Congress Mukt Bharat brigade. His chaiwala comment was a game changer.. & now he says Congress doesn't care if they lose. Great stuff... :tup:

Is it true that BJP went into this election half-hearted in WB.. & had a tacit understanding with TMC to finish off the left? Atleast that's what Yechury is alluding to.. & many analysts!

I'm certain this guy is a part of Modi's Congress Mukt Bharat brigade. His chaiwala comment was a game changer.. & now he says Congress doesn't care if they lose. Great stuff... :tup:
Nobody like to ride drowning boat.

NDTV MoU with textile ministry got canceled after people on Twitter made their views public. So there butt hurt is genuine. :omghaha:
poor Roy was literally begging Arun Jaitley to condemn so called twitter trolls.. & see somehow they can be censured.. & so was Shekar Gupta. Open display of their butt hurt is priceless! :rofl:

A very very bizarre statement because wouldn't the "defeat" of the BJP mean victories for the CONgress?

And let's not forget who is making these statements and how pathetic he is:

984114-BooklaunchnovAyshaSaleemcopy-1446495615-546-640x480.jpg

We never know. But from the vote percentage it is evident that what ever casualties BJP suffered this election from their outstanding position during 2014 LS election have gone to TMC's treasury. The local BJP was vociferously campaigning against Mamata with Sarda and Narada issue but somehow they got disheartened and felt let down by their central leadership when all investigations in chit fund scam against the top brass TMC suddenly came to a halt and BJP's reluctance to corner TMC on corruption issue in the parliament. It reminded me the tacit understanding Congress and CPI M used to do few decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom