What's new

Eid Milad un Nabi

They do not celebrate birthdays in general, which is basically what 12 Rabi ul Awal is, by definition.
Yes birthdays are not celebrated except for 12th off Rabi ul Awal. An official paid holiday for both the public & pvt. sector in the UAE.

Ok, the first thing is that you used the Hadith completely out of context. There are various sharh of Hadith which explain their chains of narration and what context they were used, for example from the likes of great Hadith scholars Imam Asqalani and Imam al-Bayhaqi. The hadith of exaggeration has nothing to do with the Mawlid. No sect worships Rasool Allah (saws).
The hadith of Muslims following the ways of Jewish and Christian folk, is in acts of worship. The Mawlid doesn't have such acts and the rulings come from the Prophet(saws) own fasting on that very day, which is the strongest evidence for the Mawlid.
It's true the only two official celebrations we have are Eid, but then why do people fast on the day of Arafat? Why do people fast on the on the 10th of muharram? Why the worship on Laylatul-Qadr? They are days of remembrance, where we are asked to worship the Lord. This is the case with the Mawlid, as the Prophet (saws) himself fasted on that day, which is amongst the greatest acts you can perform. How can lesser acts such as reciting darood, giving sermons etc be considered bad?

The Prophet Muhammad
icon--1.gif
used to fast on Monday and he reasoned it by saying: "That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I received revelations."[Muslim]

No one is saying you do so on that day, but it is recommended due to the evidences available. If you choose to abstain, then that is your business.

Now what made me even more upset is the videos you posted up. I have been to thousands of Mawlid celebrations, many of those Pakistani, and have never seen Mujra there. Any idiots organising such a thing would be in direct violation of Islamic law. These things are very rare and universally condemned by mainstream Sunni/Sufi scholars, or what the video calls so called "Barelvis". As for the first I can't see what is wrong bar some people jumping for joy, a naat in the background and some models?

Anyway, I'll end it there. You won't be able to reply, because I allowed you to post your objection when you clearly had been told not to by the original poster. This is the response.

For the rest of the posters, the Mawlid is a national holiday in 50 out of 56 Muslim countries in the world, what does that tell you? It certainly isn't a Pakistani invention.

Mashallah bro. I loved him for the sake of Allah and his Rasool(saws). I listened to his naats over and over again during my Haj in Madina sharif and that very same night the Prophet(saws) came to me in my dream.

Bro, kindly delete those videos, they, in no way represent the majority of Muslims. What a certain group on the fringes, does is irrelevant.

Thank You

UAE people they celeberate it in their own homes and on govt level they give paid leave all sector employees
On the official level lectures and seminars are held in Masajids , on the life of the Prophet SAWS.

The Pakistani Association in Dubai is also doing something.

Brothers and sisters make sure today you do as much darood as possible, you give to charity, you go to the mehfils of the Mawlid in the masjids and you blast the naat of Rasool Allah(saws) as loud as possible. From the deserts of Sind, to the plains of Baluchistan, to the urban metropolises of Karachi/Lahore/Rawalpindi/Peshawar, to the mountains of Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas, let the sound of love for the Prophet(saws) be heard.
I hope it is heard by the enemies of Pakistan as well i.e. the TTP and other outfits of the devil, who tried their best to ban, destroy the mawlid celebrations. I hope the soldiers of Pakistan go into battle against these devils singing naats.
@mshahid @Khafee @Super Falcon @Oscar @SUPARCO @saima naaz @Rashid Mahmood@Jonah Arthur
@war&peace

Brothers and sisters make sure today you do as much darood as possible, you give to charity, you go to the mehfils of the Mawlid in the masjids and you blast the naat of Rasool Allah(saws) as loud as possible. From the deserts of Sind, to the plains of Baluchistan, to the urban metropolises of Karachi/Lahore/Rawalpindi/Peshawar, to the mountains of Azad Kashmir and the Northern Areas, let the sound of love for the Prophet(saws) be heard.
I hope it is heard by the enemies of Pakistan as well i.e. the TTP and other outfits of the devil, who tried their best to ban, destroy the mawlid celebrations. I hope the soldiers of Pakistan go into battle against these devils singing naats.
@mshahid @Khafee @Super Falcon @Oscar @SUPARCO @saima naaz @Rashid Mahmood@Jonah Arthur
@war&peace
Thank you @waz I and my friends here decided to create a small joint fund to help the Syrian refugees. I request all of you to pray for peace in the world, especially in Palestine, Syria and Kashmir. Meet Muslim brothers and sisters with smile because smile is also a sadaqa.

This is something i really like .. so i thought its worth share with you all :)

May Allah bless you all , and me with the blessing of his most perfect Creation ..
and as for all those who are debating on either we should celebrate or not .. i just want to say one thing .

Light your house to celebrate , but what's more important is , Light your hearts with his teachings , Respect and love ..
that's the best way give your love and respect to him ...

@Khafee thanks for the thread brother

• Countries in the World where Holy Prophet's (PBUH) Birthday /Mawlid/Maulud is a Public Holiday.

• AFRICAN COUNTRIES: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Comoros, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Togo, (In Africa, a total 25 countries out of 54)

• MIDDLE EAST: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Syria, United Arab Emirates/UAE, Yemen (11 out of total 14, except Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia)

• ASIA: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan

• OTHER: Fiji, Guyana,

• A total of 47 countries world-wide officially recognise Mawlid as a public holiday, some of them are not even Muslim dominated (India, Sri-Lanka, Fiji, Guyana, Tanzania, Mali etc.)

Back
Top Bottom