What's new

Featured Eid on the front-lines: the best Eid I ever had

Agreed, you cannot get a more visceral experience than the armed forces and it definitely is a milestone for growth. The ever-changing, never changing nature of mankind.
You are a lucky man @jaibi

This was kind of you to share this all with us.

Did you know the word "friend" in french is "copain"...which literally means someone you break bread with? @Vergennes

Of course brothers serving together in military are another level for this. It is probably with you folks you most directly harness what ignited human civilisation in first place...also around fires in the dark with food to be shared....the trials and tribulations that were witnessed and that linger....

All those millennia of previous wandering before we tamed and understood fire.... and we finally started to make use of our human potential when we shared the experiences of good and bad we saw and did (while partaking of a great need of nourishment physically at same time), so that we may organise well and survive together....support and heal each other.

You warriors today likely make the strongest direct link to our earliest forefathers when you engage in this camaraderie in these deep spiritual ways I would say....how you helped and cared for your brothers in arms, and how they helped and cared for you.

Words cannot really be used to describe it fully in the end I would imagine...what it means to the human soul.

May Allah swt bless you for your service and sacrifice.

Pakistani military is our pride and love. They are the vanguard of the Eastern border of the Islamic world. They are no less ghazis, mujahideen, and sipahis than those of the past.

Pakistani military are on the path of internal/external jihad. The conscience of the nation lies with them.

To all our shabab (young men,) I wish the best for them on this Eid.

May the one who looks at you with an untoward eye have to gouged out. He who raises his hand against you, find it weak and feeble.

Last edited:
I will forward your well wishes to them
May Allah swt bless you for your service and sacrifice.

Pakistani military is our pride and love. They are the vanguard of the Eastern border of the Islamic world. They are no less ghazis, mujahideen, and sipahis of the past.

Pakistani military are on the path of internal/external jihad. The conscience of the nation lies with them.

To all our shabab (young men,) I wish the best for them on this Eid.

May the one who looks at you with an untoward eye have to gouged out. He who raises his hand against you, find it weak and feeble.

I will forward your well wishes to them

We have lost relatives and loved ones in every war. We are from Faislabad-Lahore area. In 1971 Lahore front, my two uncles died in street battles with parachuting enemy infranty. My grandfather inhaled some poison gas and died a decade later.

My uncle who lost his arm was a common sight in our family gatherings. As a child I asked him where his arm went. He said, "Allah swt took it." He smiled, patted my head, and said nothing more. Later my parents told me that he lost it in gunbattles with Indian troops when a grenade was thrown at a car he was using for cover. Subhan Allah.

Back
Top Bottom