What's new

Eid Milad un Nabi

Why not dedicate 365 days of the year for this?

I don't consider myself superman or a perfect human being, I am thankful to ALLAH for enabling me to recite darood on his Messenger (Peace be upon him), warna mayri aur tumhari aukat he kya hay.

You have misunderstood me, let me make it more clear why limit reciting darood for this particular day only? I am entitled to my opinion I guess? And I don't think my opinion is offensive to anyone here?

And I have not addressed any of those here who wish to celebrate this day in whatever fashion they want, I was discussing it with someone who does not want to celebrate this day. Celebrating the most Tolerant Human being and being intolerant about it?
Your opinion is not only offensive, it is needlessly argumentative and disruptive. You are NO different than the many anyones who argue that whether he wore beige or white because the very need to argue about how, where and why affection to the prophet should be shown shows a level of intolerance that which you hypocritically claim as inherited from the Prophet whilst going on about "Meri Aukat" to sound sanctimonious?

Your opening sentence shows it all.. "Why one day?" .. is your Jageer to decide what and when and why is anything done that is related to the Prophet?

When it comes to ISIS and other ideals we are all ready to defend terrorism under the guise of conspiracy, MOSSAD and RAW but cannot tolerate an act( theologically right, wrong or whatever) that is done with the intention of showing affection to the greatest human being on earth?

I thought I already replied you but for some reason it didn't got posted. People have their home-held desi beliefs. Your argument will not make people change their view on PDF. You mentioned it once, they get the message. We all know this festival is an Indo-Pak innovation and no where else in the Islamic world or in history it existed. I suggest you not to argue as it's very less likely to benefits any one us. There is already lot of info online for those willing to learn, and the good thing is more and more desis are learning.
This thread is not for this purpose and your views are not welcome here so I request you to leave

000.jpg

I thought I already replied you but for some reason it didn't got posted. People have their home-held desi beliefs. Your argument will not make people change their view on PDF. You mentioned it once, they get the message. We all know this festival is an Indo-Pak innovation and no where else in the Islamic world or in history it existed. I suggest you not to argue as it's very less likely to benefits any one us. There is already lot of info online for those willing to learn, and the good thing is more and more desis are learning.

The origin of Mawlid observance dates back to the period of the early four Rashidun Caliphs of Islam.[1][4] The celebration of this birthday was further initiated by the Fatimids and it was celebrated in lands under their control.[5] The Ottomans declared it an official holiday in 1588.

Traditionally, most Sunni and nearly all of the Shia scholars have approved of the celebration of Mawlid,[21][22][23] while some other Wahhabi influenced scholars[24][25][26] and the Ahmadiyya[27] oppose the celebration.

Mawlid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1280px-Maulidur_Rasul_%288413657269%29.jpg

Malaysian Sunni Muslims in a Mawlid procession in capital Putrajaya, 2013.

cairo%206.jpg

A volunteer prepares balloons to be distributed to children from poor families as part of Mawlid festivities in Cairo, Egypt.

morocco%202.jpg

baqubah.jpg

baqubah%201.jpg

Iraq: Baqubah residents process through the town centre

Durrod

Q) Why?

Surah Ahzab, Ayah No.56
Surah Al Ahzab, Ayah 56.PNG

Q When?
Everyday

Q How much?
No min. No Max. Up to you.
But I have heard some scholars say, reciting it 300 times in a day, makes you "mustujab ud dua" meaning, your duas / prayers are accepted faster.

Q Will I be able to see the Pophet SAWS / PBUH in a dream if I recite it?
Maybe. Depends if the rest of your deeds are in order too, you are doing it with sincerity, and not to show the world how pious you are.

Allah knows best.

I will be posting on ways of celebrating Milad soon.

Durrod

Q) Why?

Surah Ahzab, Ayah No.56
View attachment 281618

Q When?
Everyday

Q How much?
No min. No Max. Up to you.
But I have heard some scholars say, reciting it 300 times in a day, makes you "mustujab ud dua" meaning, your duas / prayers are accepted faster.

Q Will I be able to see the Pophet SAWS / PBUH in a dream if I recite it?
Maybe. Depends if the rest of your deeds are in order too, you are doing it with sincerity, and not to show the world how pious you are.

Allah knows best.

I will be posting on ways of celebrating Milad soon.

its 313 in Naqashbandi and Qadri sufi chains

The origin of Mawlid observance dates back to the period of the early four Rashidun Caliphs of Islam.[1][4] The celebration of this birthday was further initiated by the Fatimids and it was celebrated in lands under their control.[5] The Ottomans declared it an official holiday in 1588.

Traditionally, most Sunni and nearly all of the Shia scholars have approved of the celebration of Mawlid,[21][22][23] while some other Wahhabi influenced scholars[24][25][26] and the Ahmadiyya[27] oppose the celebration.

Mawlid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dont forget to click on the source of the first sentence. You will get to know how reliable the info is.

Word of our Prophet (s.a.w) is Absolutely true:

The Prophet (s) said, 'Do not exaggerate about me the way the Christians did about Jesus the son of Mary for verily I am a slave of Allah and His Messenger.' [authentic Hadith Musnad Ahmed etc].

The Prophet (s) said, "surely (some amongst) you will follow the ways of those before you, down to the handspan and arms length, such that if they went to a lizard's hole you will also go therein!' Saha ah asked, 'The Jews and Christians?' he replied, 'Who else!' [Sahih Bukhari]

The Prophet (s) came to Medinah and found the people of the period of Ignorance celebrating two days. So he said, 'You had two days that you used to celebrate, verily, Allah has replaced for you those with two days better than them: day of Fitr and day of Adha.' [authentic Hadith in sunan of Nasee, Ibn Majah, etc].

"Every deviation from Islam leads to Hell-fire".
[Sunan Nasa’i: English Translation: (vol. 2, pp. 343-4, no. 1581.)]

@Color_Less_Sky

Milad Disco Party

Milad music night.

Mujara on Milad.

Ok, the first thing is that you used the Hadith completely out of context. There are various sharh of Hadith which explain their chains of narration and what context they were used, for example from the likes of great Hadith scholars Imam Asqalani and Imam al-Bayhaqi. The hadith of exaggeration has nothing to do with the Mawlid. No sect worships Rasool Allah (saws).
The hadith of Muslims following the ways of Jewish and Christian folk, is in acts of worship. The Mawlid doesn't have such acts and the rulings come from the Prophet(saws) own fasting on that very day, which is the strongest evidence for the Mawlid.
It's true the only two official celebrations we have are Eid, but then why do people fast on the day of Arafat? Why do people fast on the on the 10th of muharram? Why the worship on Laylatul-Qadr? They are days of remembrance, where we are asked to worship the Lord. This is the case with the Mawlid, as the Prophet (saws) himself fasted on that day, which is amongst the greatest acts you can perform. How can lesser acts such as reciting darood, giving sermons etc be considered bad?

The Prophet Muhammad
icon--1.gif
used to fast on Monday and he reasoned it by saying: "That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I received revelations."[Muslim]

No one is saying you do so on that day, but it is recommended due to the evidences available. If you choose to abstain, then that is your business.

Now what made me even more upset is the videos you posted up. I have been to thousands of Mawlid celebrations, many of those Pakistani, and have never seen Mujra there. Any idiots organising such a thing would be in direct violation of Islamic law. These things are very rare and universally condemned by mainstream Sunni/Sufi scholars, or what the video calls so called "Barelvis". As for the first I can't see what is wrong bar some people jumping for joy, a naat in the background and some models?

Anyway, I'll end it there. You won't be able to reply, because I allowed you to post your objection when you clearly had been told not to by the original poster. This is the response.

For the rest of the posters, the Mawlid is a national holiday in 50 out of 56 Muslim countries in the world, what does that tell you? It certainly isn't a Pakistani invention.

Mushtaq bhai was Legend, He is my favourite too and fortunately I have met him many times when he was alive.

Mashallah bro. I loved him for the sake of Allah and his Rasool(saws). I listened to his naats over and over again during my Haj in Madina sharif and that very same night the Prophet(saws) came to me in my dream.

Morocco was the first nation to celebrate it and more precisely a family in Ceuta hundreds of years ago started it.

Ok, the first thing is that you used the Hadith completely out of context. There are various sharh of Hadith which explain their chains of narration and what context they were used, for example from the likes of great Hadith scholars Imam Asqalani and Imam al-Bayhaqi. The hadith of exaggeration has nothing to do with the Mawlid. No sect worships Rasool Allah (saws).
The hadith of Muslims following the ways of Jewish and Christian folk, is in acts of worship. The Mawlid doesn't have such acts and the rulings come from the Prophet(saws) own fasting on that very day, which is the strongest evidence for the Mawlid.
It's true the only two official celebrations we have are Eid, but then why do people fast on the day of Arafat? Why do people fast on the on the 10th of muharram? Why the worship on Laylatul-Qadr? They are days of remembrance, where we are asked to worship the Lord. This is the case with the Mawlid, as the Prophet (saws) himself fasted on that day, which is amongst the greatest acts you can perform. How can lesser acts such as reciting darood, giving sermons etc be considered bad?

The Prophet Muhammad
icon--1.gif
used to fast on Monday and he reasoned it by saying: "That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I received revelations."[Muslim]

No one is saying you do so on that day, but it is recommended due to the evidences available. If you choose to abstain, then that is your business.

Now what made me even more upset is the videos you posted up. I have been to thousands of Mawlid celebrations, many of those Pakistani, and have never seen Mujra there. Any idiots organising such a thing would be in direct violation of Islamic law. These things are very rare and universally condemned by mainstream Sunni/Sufi scholars, or what the video calls so called "Barelvis". As for the first I can't see what is wrong bar some people jumping for joy, a naat in the background and some models?

Anyway, I'll end it there. You won't be able to reply, because I allowed you to post your objection when you clearly had been told not to by the original poster. This is the response.

For the rest of the posters, the Mawlid is a national holiday in 50 out of 56 Muslim countries in the world, what does that tell you? It certainly isn't a Pakistani invention.

Mashallah bro. I loved him for the sake of Allah and his Rasool(saws). I listened to his naats over and over again during my Haj in Madina sharif and that very same night the Prophet(saws) came to me in my dream.

Mashallah.

He was very pious man, very polite, May ALLAH grant him Jannah.

The Prophet Muhammad
icon--1.gif

Mashallah.

He was very pious man, very polite, May ALLAH grant him Jannah.

Back
Top Bottom