What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Isn't there a common ground to the Arabs and the Persians, called Islam?
I do not know if the Arabs want an Arab empire, the aspiration I think, is for the renewal of the Muslim (Empire!) Umma, that includes both Arabs and Persians. Today I think that the latter are a bit more pious and in equilibrium than the Muslim Arabs, maybe that is where the difference resides. We understand from the Koran that there is this life and the thereafter, and that we should live this life and prepare for the thereafter, in a fewer words this means that we should have a decent life with no extremes either to openness or to religious fanaticism.

I do not know if the Arabs want an Arab empire, the aspiration I think, is for the renewal of the Muslim (Empire!) Umma, that includes both Arabs and Persians. Today I think that the latter are a bit more pious and in equilibrium than the Muslim Arabs, maybe that is where the difference resides. We understand from the Koran that there is this life and the thereafter, and that we should live this life and prepare for the thereafter, in a fewer words this means that we should have a decent life with no extremes either to openness or to religious fanaticism.

That is true, the Arabs don't dream of an empire per say, but rather of unity, a big entity with all the Arabs in it you know. I'm not gonna go into why the Persians, or rather the Shiia Muslims' view on the matter is flawed as this might piss some of them off. They want a big entity too, the problem with that is simple, a big portion of Shiia Muslim are within countries that are under Sunni control and with Sunni majority (With the exception of maybe Iraq), and dividing those countries up is not something that we are gonna stand and watch, plain and simple!!!! I'm one of the people who firmly believe that both Sunni and Shiia have the same interests at the end of the day, facing the same enemies and challenges and it is only natural that their should be some sort of understanding between the two, if not even a strategic alliance.

Welcome to the forum dear @Dino R.

Another brother and this time also an very knowledgeable brother. I enjoyed reading your posts and work.
Once again welcome to the forum!:cheers:

We Hijazis (people of the Hejaz region across the beautiful Red Sea) have a special relationship with Egypt on nearly all fronts as you might know about.:coffee:

That is true, the Arabs don't dream of an empire per say, but rather of unity, a big entity with all the Arabs in it you know. I'm not gonna go into why the Persians, or rather the Shiia Muslims' view on the matter is flawed as this might piss some of them off. They want a big entity too, the problem with that is simple, a big portion of Shiia Muslim are within countries that are under Sunni control and with Sunni majority (With the exception of maybe Iraq), and dividing those countries up is not something that we are gonna stand and watch, plain and simple!!!! I'm one of the people who firmly believe that both Sunni and Shiia have the same interests at the end of the day, facing the same enemies and challenges and it is only natural that their should be some sort of understanding between the two, if not even a strategic alliance.

Indeed the Arab Unity is a requirement more than an inspiration, the word Arab says it all. This union under a form or another will solve many problems in the Arab world, the potential is there to have a good "federation" since all the countries involved can complement each other quite easily, be it economically or demographically. It is a requirement that faces many obstacles, the most prominent one is to have some kind of a standard in education and in the type of governance, maybe a common currency will help also, and many other details to be addressed. The first requirement of this aspiration-requirement is a strong political will in accord with the will of the people, once this will is there, all seen obstacles will disappear.
The fact is, there is no Sunni Shiia divide in most Sunni majority countries, and I do not see it in Iran either.
So where does this theory come from? We can see some events in some Sunni countries involving populations, but are they Shiia? can anyone confirm it?
First priority is an Arab union. Iran is a brother country now and it will stay that way.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum dear @Dino R.

Another brother and this time also an very knowledgeable brother. I enjoyed reading your posts and work.
Once again welcome to the forum!:cheers:

We Hijazis (people of the Hejaz region across the beautiful Red Sea) have a special relationship with Egypt on nearly all fronts as you might know about.:coffee:

Thank you so much brother, its an honor to be here among knowledgeable people like you guys, and it makes me happy knowing that my work is appreciated and that it might be useful to some. Of course I know the Hijazi people and your long history, its an honor brother, thank you again

Indeed the Arab Unity is a requirement more than an inspiration, the word Arab says it all. This union under a form or another will solve many problems in the Arab world, the potential is there to have a good "federation" since all the countries involved can complement each other quite easily, be it economically or demographically. It is a requirement that faces many obstacles, the most prominent one is to have some kind of a standard in education and in the type of governance, maybe a common currency will hep also, and many other details to be addressed. The first requirement of this aspiration-requirement is a strong political will in accord with the will of the people, ounce this will is there, all seen obstacles will disappear.
The fact is, there is no Sunni Shiia divide in most Sunni majority countries, and I do not see it in Iran either.
So where does this theory comes from? We can see some events in some Sunni countries involving populations, but are they Shiia? can anyone confirm it?
First priority is an Arab union. Iran is a brother country now and it will stay that way.

Yes you are right, and for all honesty a union involving Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain is more feasible now a days, as the Saudis don't see Egypt as much of a threat lately and we are seeing steps leading to this now a days, at least on the military side, and lets not forget the massive economic aid Egypt is receiving lately from Saudi Arabia and UAE. It is promising, but unfortunately we are still a long time away from a real unity like the EU, but things are looking better. As for Iran, I still disagree with you, they have bigger plans for the region that are in conflict with Arab interests and thats a problem, a big one for that matter.

Last edited:
You can dream about destroying our foreighn policy,as you can dream about a future for your country.
We dont need to do anything,Arabs allways kill each other,so we will leave you to it.

They can destroy your foreign policy when it comes to GCC and Arabian peninsula , so

This islam card is Just bull crap , the problem with persians is more than just difference in sect , simply persians hate arabs this has been even before islam , we have no other choice but to counter there terrorism and sectarianism in our countries.

once those persians mind there own business and stay out of our countries internal affairs only then there might be peace, other than that instability in the region will continue.

They can destroy your foreign policy when it comes to GCC and Arabian peninsula , so

This islam card is Just bull crap , the problem with persians is more than just difference in sect , simply persians hate arabs this has been even before islam , we have no other choice but to counter there terrorism and sectarianism in our countries.

once those persians mind there own business and stay out of our countries internal affairs only then there might be peace, other than that instability in the region will continue.
Erdogan did that allready,so no loss there.

Yes you are right, and for all honesty a union involving Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain is more feasible now a days, as the Saudis don't see Egypt as much of a threat lately and we are seeing steps leading to this now a days, at least on the military side, and lets not forget the massive economic aid Egypt is receiving lately from Saudi Arabia and UAE. It is promising, but unfortunately we are still a long time away from a real unity like the EU, but things are looking better. As for Iran, I still disagree with you, they have bigger plans for the region that are in conflict with Arab interests and thats a problem, a big one for that matter.
if i may say my opinion in this matter
maybe iran has ambtions in the region but the fact is they are not that strong and we can not forget that we are not alone in the region we still have the west and isreal if they are finished with them they will start to target us my opinion is balance brings peace there has to be balance in the region like what happened with hezbolah in 2006 untill now there is peace and this stratgy has worked the good thing is the US will get out soon from the region with every hit they take in their economy they will limit their interferance in the world affairs and stop playing the world policeman maybe i am wrong maybe i am not but i want to know your opinion

if i may say my opinion in this matter
maybe iran has ambtions in the region but the fact is they are not that strong and we can not forget that we are not alone in the region we still have the west and isreal if they are finished with them they will start to target us my opinion is balance brings peace there has to be balance in the region like what happened with hezbolah in 2006 untill now there is peace and this stratgy has worked the good thing is the US will get out soon from the region with every hit they take in their economy they will limit their interferance in the world affairs and stop playing the world policeman maybe i am wrong maybe i am not but i want to know your opinion

First I wanna tell you that I'm very familiar with America and the Americans, I'm an American Citizen, lived there from 1997 till 2013, so the biggest portion of my adult life was there (I'm Egyptian though lol) That world police part if they abandon it then their alternatives are not good for us. Their economy is in shambles, yes, since 2008, and if things keep going the way the are then their economy will collapse completely, and you know what is the best remedy for that? WAR!!! A similar situation happened in the late 1920s and early 1930s, called the great depression in the USA, and what got' em out of it? World War II. They are not gonna be directly involved as they did in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2003, but rather start a war, here in the Middle East and benefit from it through selling weapons probably to both sides!!! You are seeing this happen now a days with allowing Iran to advance its Missile and Nuclear programs, they even lifted a chunk of the sanctions on Iran and Iran just sent 18 F-14 Engines to be refurbished in the United States!!!! Balance my friend is what we had before, now what happened is they simply screwed that balance by allowing Iran to grow and weakening the Arab Countries through divisions and internal conflicts.

First I wanna tell you that I'm very familiar with America and the Americans, I'm an American Citizen, lived there from 1997 till 2013, so the biggest portion of my adult life was there (I'm Egyptian though lol) That world police part if they abandon it then their alternatives are not good for us. Their economy is in shambles, yes, since 2008, and if things keep going the way the are then their economy will collapse completely, and you know what is the best remedy for that? WAR!!! A similar situation happened in the late 1920s and early 1930s, called the great depression in the USA, and what got' em out of it? World War II. They are not gonna be directly involved as they did in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2003, but rather start a war, here in the Middle East and benefit from it through selling weapons probably to both sides!!! You are seeing this happen now a days with allowing Iran to advance its Missile and Nuclear programs, they even lifted a chunk of the sanctions on Iran and Iran just sent 18 F-14 Engines to be refurbished in the United States!!!! Balance my friend is what we had before, now what happened is they simply screwed that balance by allowing Iran to grow and weakening the Arab Countries through divisions and internal conflicts.
maybe but the US economy is so massive. arms sales will not help much if things get worse china is not falling behind they are getting ready for the day that the US will simply lose control over the world also we can not forget russia and the growing powers around the world which i hope Egypt will be one of them soon our army is doing great we need our economy up and running as soon as possible i think the US today is not the same in the 30s or the US that won the ww2 fighting on both fronts europe and the japan at that time the US was something else
do you think the US can keep their meedling in the middle east and Aisa for long and what does the amirican people think about their forgin policy from what i hear the middle class being torn apart they start to ask why are we spending billions on war and bases overseas when we need this money to help the economy

maybe but the US economy is so massive. arms sales will not help much if things get worse china is not falling behind they are getting ready for the day that the US will simply lose control over the world also we can not forget russia and the growing powers around the world which i hope Egypt will be one of them soon our army is doing great we need our economy up and running as soon as possible i think the US today is not the same in the 30s or the US that won the ww2 fighting on both fronts europe and the japan at that time the US was something else
do you think the US can keep their meedling in the middle east and Aisa for long and what does the amirican people think about their forgin policy from what i hear the middle class being torn apart they start to ask why are we spending billions on war and bases overseas when we need this money to help the economy

War brings massive revenue, not just in weapons sales, its a long story lol but believe me it does. The USA of now is much stronger than the USA prior to WWII believe it or not, much stronger and much more capable, back then England was the big dog, not the USA. Egyptian military industry, although one of the strongest in the region is still behind on so many levels, especially high-tec stuff, but we will get there inshallah one day. The solution to that problem is a simple, big $$$ invested in the military industry, the problem is that Egypt don't have it at all, unlike Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States and Iran, but the Saudis and the UAEs, instead of spending over $60 billion in one year on buying off-the-shelf systems can invest even a 1/4 of that amount in developing new systems through Egypt and the results would be amazing!!! But who is listening!!!
As far as the USA, they will keep their noses in the Middle East of course, no way around it, but not in the same way George W. Bush did, but in the smarter more traditional way of all other US presidents before him. And the thing about the American people in general, Middle class or not, they don't know much about their country's foreign policy, except for very few, so they have no effect on that, however lately they are starting to get a bit more involved, but they are still a long way, they are NOT like people here or in Europe, totally different mentality and attitude.

Who talked about pre-Islam, that was called Jahiliya, it is Islam itself that changed that.
Show us since when they hate the Arabs after Islam. By the way it is Iraq, an Arab country that attacked Iran in recent times, most Muslim countries were ashamed and chocked over that.
Once you find the culprits behind the internal turmoils of some Arab countries, you might change your mind. Common sense dictates that a person or a nation in this instance is considered innocent until proven guilty.

Who talked about pre-Islam, that was called Jahiliya, it is Islam itself that changed that.
Show us since when they hate the Arabs after Islam. By the way it is Iraq, an Arab country that attacked Iran in recent times, most Muslim countries were ashamed and chocked over that.
Once you find the culprits behind the internal turmoils of some Arab countries, you might change your mind. Common sense dictates that a person or a nation in this instance is considered innocent until proven guilty.

Hi tell us why arab countries have internal turmoils, the teaching that tey give us why don't they apply to themselves and fix their problems before putting fingers in others affair such as Pakistan, iran and afghanistan. We know who is guilty.

War brings massive revenue, not just in weapons sales, its a long story lol but believe me it does. The USA of now is much stronger than the USA prior to WWII believe it or not, much stronger and much more capable, back then England was the big dog, not the USA. Egyptian military industry, although one of the strongest in the region is still behind on so many levels, especially high-tec stuff, but we will get there inshallah one day. The solution to that problem is a simple, big $$$ invested in the military industry, the problem is that Egypt don't have it at all, unlike Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States and Iran, but the Saudis and the UAEs, instead of spending over $60 billion in one year on buying off-the-shelf systems can invest even a 1/4 of that amount in developing new systems through Egypt and the results would be amazing!!! But who is listening!!!
As far as the USA, they will keep their noses in the Middle East of course, no way around it, but not in the same way George W. Bush did, but in the smarter more traditional way of all other US presidents before him. And the thing about the American people in general, Middle class or not, they don't know much about their country's foreign policy, except for very few, so they have no effect on that, however lately they are starting to get a bit more involved, but they are still a long way, they are NOT like people here or in Europe, totally different mentality and attitude.
sir i think just like great britian or napoleon or the roman empire the US will lose their power the signs are here for everyone to see
about our military industry i think everything will be perfect once our economy get back on its feet then will have the funds to do all we want
maybe they will become more involved when the middle class start to get smaller in time everyone will want to know where is their money going from what i hear the public opinion is aganist US aid to any country and US involvment in any war in the middle east
vitnam can be a fine example

Thank you so much brother, its an honor to be here among knowledgeable people like you guys, and it makes me happy knowing that my work is appreciated and that it might be useful to some. Of course I know the Hijazi people and your long history, its an honor brother, thank you again

Concerning Iran; unless I have indicators or facts concerning their big plans, I'll differ with you on this matter. All I know for now is that they are concerned with threats from the US and Israel, be it of more sanctions or even war including Intelligence war. So I really think that the Iranians do not have the time or the energy to spend on internal affairs of their Arab neighbors, it is more of a game of provocation by the West, calling for Arab emotions.
Here is the Game pattern: The friend of my friend is my friend, the enemy of my friend is my enemy, the friend of my enemy is my enemy...In the diplomatic world this does not hold but for the US and some of its allies it is still the central thought, and the friendship is based on a one-sided perspective, namely the American policymakers one.:big_boss:

Back
Top Bottom