What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Well, why Israel was the balancing factor wasn't a choice, remember the support Israel has in the United States and their extensive lobbies there that pressure decision makers to ALWAYS support Israel despite their repeated atrocities, it is sad but it is the way things are!!!

You are right, it is a mutual interest and it is a must now a days with all the challenges. The Saudis and the rest of the GCC should invest heavily in various weapons programs, and the only country with the expertise and know how is Egypt, something that will benefit all of them, and now a days money can buy anything, and we should learn from the Iranians, how even with heavy sanctions on them, Iran managed to make remarkable advances in many of its military programs, conventional and non-conventional. The Arabs don't have such crippling sanctions and money is not an issue! It is common sense, and I'm hopeful they are seeing the benefit of that right now and moving towards it.

Most of what Iran shows is mere propaganda , though they did advance in ballistic missiles area with north korean support , but when it comes to conventional power its Just a complete Joke , simply reverse engineer soviet era junk cant be regarded as accomplishment.

Well, why Israel was the balancing factor wasn't a choice, remember the support Israel has in the United States and their extensive lobbies there that pressure decision makers to ALWAYS support Israel despite their repeated atrocities, it is sad but it is the way things are!!!

You are right, it is a mutual interest and it is a must now a days with all the challenges. The Saudis and the rest of the GCC should invest heavily in various weapons programs, and the only country with the expertise and know how is Egypt, something that will benefit all of them, and now a days money can buy anything, and we should learn from the Iranians, how even with heavy sanctions on them, Iran managed to make remarkable advances in many of its military programs, conventional and non-conventional. The Arabs don't have such crippling sanctions and money is not an issue! It is common sense, and I'm hopeful they are seeing the benefit of that right now and moving towards it.

We already started back in 2004 military production and UAE has heired many scientists from several countries to start our own military production capacity geared towards export markets and we did well exporting weapons to more than 40 countries especially when it comes to light armored vechiles and small weapons .

Even Egypt recently bought Panthera armored vechiles from UAE and We exported Nimr armored vechiles in to algeria , libya , lebanon and jordan also we have done well in drone field

Our government has political will but you know we do not have enough local labor , we are merely 1 million but regardless were trying to get there and recently started our own space program .

I guess we will start cooperating with Egypt along with other countries we have deals with.

Last edited:
Most of what Iran shows is mere propaganda , though they did advance in ballistic missiles area with north korean support , but when it comes to conventional power its Just a complete Joke , simply reverse engineer soviet era junk cant be regarded as accomplishment.

We already started back in 2004 military production and UAE has heired many scientists from several countries to start our own military production capacity geared towards export markets and we did well exporting weapons to more than 40 countries especially when it comes to light armored vechiles and small weapons .

Even Egypt recently bought Panthera armored vechiles from UAE and We exported Nimr armored vechiles in to algeria , libya , lebanon and jordan also we have done well in drone field

Our government has political will but you know we do not have enough local labor , we are merely 1 million but regardless were trying to get there and recently started our own space program .

I guess we will start cooperating with Egypt along with other countries we have deals with.

This is very good from the UAE, very appreciated for setting a model for other Arab countries to follow, you proved to be an industrious nation with only one million inhabitants.
From here to saying that Iran has only ballistic missiles and the rest of its armaments are soviet junk is to go beyond logic and defy rationality. The regular Iranian army alone counts more than a million soldiers and officers, its Basij forces are 12 million or more.
If one takes a tour, let us say in utube around the Iranian military achievements in recent years, he will be astounded by the numbers and varieties of these achievements, from new battle guns to main battle tanks, from new fighter jets and helicopters to sophisticated drones and satellites, from small speed boats to submarines and frigates, from hand held antiaircraft missiles to short, medium and long range air defense systems. Surface to surface, air to air and air to surface missiles and radars have been developed or upgraded to the latest in technologies AESA. Their civilian achievements are much more than the military ones. Do not forget that the iranians could deal with very advanced technologies for a long time, the F-14 was a good example, the chiftain MBT is another, Aerospace and space technologies are yet another.
So, I congratulate the UAE and Iran at the same time. Although Iran had a much harder road to its achivemets.

Last edited:

What types of non-conventional weapon are we talking about here? they were hit by chemical weapons from Saddam and they did not respond in kind, these are very responsible people I find.

Last edited:
The tactical maneuver "Nasr-11" military drills carried out with the use of live ammunition by the Second Field Army as part of the annual training missions of the Armed Forces formations and units.

Elements of the Mechanical Infantry, Artillery and Armored Units Forces, the Air Force and Air Defense Units took part in the drills

What types of non-conventional weapon are we talking about here? they were hit by chemical weapons from Saddam and they did not respond in kind, these are very responsible people I find.

I'm not sure if they have any chemical or biological programs what I meant by non-conventional was there nuclear weapons program

This is very good from the UAE, very appreciated for setting a model for other Arab countries to follow, you proved to be an industrious nation with only one million inhabitants.
From here to saying that Iran has only ballistic missiles and the rest of its armaments are soviet junk is to go beyond logic and defy rationality. The regular Iranian army alone counts more than a million soldiers and officers, its Basij forces are 12 million or more.
If one takes a tour, let us say in utube around the Iranian military achievements in recent years, he will be astounded by the numbers and varieties of these achievements, from new battle guns to main battle tanks, from new fighter jets and helicopters to sophisticated drones and satellites, from small speed boats to submarines and frigates, from hand held antiaircraft missiles to short, medium and long range air defense systems. Surface to surface, air to air and air to surface missiles and radars have been developed or upgraded to the latest in technologies AESA. Their civilian achievements are much more than the military ones. Do not forget that the iranians could deal with very advanced technologies for a long time, the F-14 was a good example, the chiftain MBT is another, Aerospace and space technologies are yet another.
So, I congratulate the UAE and Iran at the same time. Although Iran had a much harder road to its achivemets.

If I can put my two cents in, the Iranian military industry, in my opinion, is the 2nd strongest after Israel. SC was right, they have many achievements and their military industry base is pretty strong and diversified. As for the UAE, they have many ambitious projects, but it is mostly a partnership with another well-known manufacturer, or very simple assembly lines. UAE does not have any Tank production, no aircraft assembly lines, except for their UAVs, ammunition manufacturing is negligible. They do have some interesting projects, I like the MALE UAV they had recently and their missile project (One between Tawazun of UAE and Denel Dynamics of South Africa) but I won't call it a robust industry, remember, with enough money you can buy all the sub-components of a weapon and put a label on it saying "Made in the UAE".

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they have any chemical or biological programs what I meant by non-conventional was there nuclear weapons program

If I can put my two cents in, the Iranian military industry, in my opinion, is the 2nd strongest after Israel. SC was right, they have many achievements and their military industry base is pretty strong and diversified. As for the UAE, they have many ambitious projects, but it is mostly a partnership with another well-known manufacturer, or very simple assembly lines. UAE does not have any Tank production, no aircraft assembly lines, except for their UAVs, ammunition manufacturing is negligible. They do have some interesting projects, I like the MALE UAV they had recently and their missile project (One between Tawazun of UAE and Denel Dynamics of South Africa) but I won't call it a robust industry, remember, with enough money you can buy all the sub-components of a weapon and put a label on it saying "Made in the UAE".

It won't be fair to compare with Israel either, since the latter has the outright help of the US and European industries and their R&D, and mostly for free, add to it their access to major works in all western Universities. With all this, even a donkey might be rated among the top, because he can carry the luguage (the scientific knowledge).
Idid some search on their brightest brain Einchtein, and found out that after he couldn't find a job, he was recruited in the Austrian office of patents!!!...So, you can conclude anything from that too.

I was aware of the Russian offer to Iran for a military nuclear program assistance, long time ago, but it did not come to fruition says about a dozen American intelligence agencies.
I won't be surprised, since the russians have been reluctant to deliver the S-300 system, ordered, paid and signed for, and this is well known to be a defensive system...

It won't be fair to compare with Israel either, since the latter has the outright help of the US and European industries and their R&D, and mostly for free, add to it their access to major works in all western Universities. With all this, even a donkey might be rated among the top, because he can carry the luguage (the scientific knowledge).
Idid some search on their brightest brain Einchtein, and found out that after he couldn't find a job, he was recruited in the Austrian office of patents!!!...So, you can conclude anything from that too.

I was aware of the Russian offer to Iran for a military nuclear program assistance, long time ago, but it did not come to fruition says about a dozen American intelligence agencies.
I won't be surprised, since the russians have been reluctant to deliver the S-300 system, ordered, paid and signed for, and this is well known to be a defensive system...

Well you gotta give' em credit too, they have some pretty advanced systems, but yes, you got a point there that almost all of their military research and development coast is paid for by the United States.

As for the Iranians, the S-300 has many many versions, all with different roles, the SA-10, SA-12 and SA-20. The Iranians wanted the S-300 PMU but due to pressure from Israel (USA) and Saudi Arabia the sale was blocked, instead the Russians offered the S-300 VM, also called the "Antey 2500) which is mainly an anti-ballistic missile defense system but the Iranians said no.

This is what I've been saying the whole time my friend, we Arabs have the money so we should tackle this opportunity to change the status quo in the region. Are you fully Egyptian btw or half European or something? If that's you in the avatar you look mixed.

This is what I've been saying the whole time my friend, we Arabs have the money so we should tackle this opportunity to change the status quo in the region. Are you fully Egyptian btw or half European or something? If that's you in the avatar you look mixed.

No I'm 100% Egyptian and yes that is me in the picture, I'm also an American citizen and lived there for the past 17 years although I'm back home in Egypt since a year ago.

No I'm 100% Egyptian and yes that is me in the picture, I'm also an American citizen and lived there for the past 17 years although I'm back home in Egypt since a year ago.

اهلًا وسهلا فيك اخي الكريم

Well you gotta give' em credit too, they have some pretty advanced systems, but yes, you got a point there that almost all of their military research and development coast is paid for by the United States.

As for the Iranians, the S-300 has many many versions, all with different roles, the SA-10, SA-12 and SA-20. The Iranians wanted the S-300 PMU but due to pressure from Israel (USA) and Saudi Arabia the sale was blocked, instead the Russians offered the S-300 VM, also called the "Antey 2500) which is mainly an anti-ballistic missile defense system but the Iranians said no.

Don't you find it a bit strange that they say, they have developped an antiballistc sytem not muched in the world while Russia and maintly their techh supplier the US ha been struggling to have a decent one for more than 40 years(Why the US does not just by it from them?), what about their 14 000 kms intercontinental ballistic missiles...what Arab enemy is that far away? and the Iron dom science fiction or reality?, hand made rockets can go through that thing. I give credit where it belongs.

The S-300 PMU2 is an export version , their VMD and PMD systems are more interesting.
The S-300 is modular in general, it has multi roles with emphasis on one role or another, depending on what missiles it can use, IIran is coming up with their own system by 2016, 3 years more than first anounced, most probably like the S-400 or near its performances.

Don't you find it a bit strange that they say, they have developped an antiballistc sytem not muched in the world while Russia and maintly their techh supplier the US ha been struggling to have a decent one for more than 40 years(Why the US does not just by it from them?), what about their 14 000 kms intercontinental ballistic missiles...what Arab enemy is that far away? and the Iron dom science fiction or reality?, hand made rockets can go through that thing. I give credit where it belongs.

The S-300 PMU2 is an export version , their VMD and PMD systems are more interesting.
The S-300 is modular in general, it has multi roles with emphasis on one role or another, depending on what missiles it can use, IIran is coming up with their own system by 2016, 3 years more than first anounced, most probably like the S-400 or near its performances.

Well, I believe that the Israeli claims on their newest system, David's sling is a bit unrealistic. It is essential a heavy modification of the American Patriot PAC-3 system, who's success rate in interception was no more than 20% on a good day, to be realistic, how much improvement did they achieve on the Iron dome? 40%? To be optimistic 50%? Still not enough! With MRBM 50% is a disaster and won't justify the development coast! As for their Iron Dome, forget about how accurate it is, it coasts over $300,000 every time it is used, meaning to intercept a roughly $100-$200 rocket fired at israel it coasts them more than a 1000 times more to intercept it! That is a loosing proposition if you ask me, given the number of missiles that are available and can be fired at once, besides it would definitely overwhelm the system! Maybe that is why Russia and the United States never invested too much into such systems against small caliber rockets cause it simply doesn't make any sense!!! But again, don't underestimate the Israeli advances in Radars and ECM systems, they made some good advances in those fields, their stuff is actually decent, I read a lot about it and I like you I have to give credit where it belongs.

As for the S-300, the VM series is geared more towards the anti-ballistic missile role, more of a defensive system than the PMU series, although by numbers it sounds as capable, if not more capable than the PMU series, however, Russia refused to sell Iran the PMU and instead offered them the VM series, which leads me to believe that the PMU-2 specially is a more capable system against aircrafts, I read in Dr. Carlo Copps review of the S-300 family that the PMU-2 is more capable mainly because of the 30N6E TOMB STONE radar. However in 2008 a new radar, Nebo-M, an AESA radar all across the board (L, S\X and VHF bands) was introduced to the VM series, something which gives the VM series more capabilities like the PMU series, but that is in the VM-4 package which the Russian Air Defense ordered, I doubt it'll be available for export in the same configuration, plus the PMU series integrates way better with the legacy SAMs, of which most countries in the Middle East are still operating making it way more desirable. I believe the PM series are more capable.

As for Iran developing an equivalent to the S-400, I highly doubt that! Simply the technology is not there! Missile technology and their guidance are still behind that of Russia and China, they can upgrade older SAMs they have from the USA and Russia, but radars as advanced as the ones for the S-400, I don't think so! Simply no way, only Russia and China has those, and it wouldn't make any sense to assume that Iran acquired those from either Russia of China because that simply defeats the purpose, I don't know, but believe me for Iran to develop a system comparable to the S-400 is damn near impossible, they can't make an AESA radar yet, however I have to say they do have access to the Nebo-M radar, they even showed it in public, but for them to reverse engineer it, I don't think so. My best assessment is that they put together something out of foreign components they have, but I don't believe its gonna be as capable as the S-400 though, more of a hybrid Legacy style SAM with few modern components. They are trying but their claims are simply too ambitious.

Well, I believe that the Israeli claims on their newest system, David's sling is a bit unrealistic. It is essential a heavy modification of the American Patriot PAC-3 system, who's success rate in interception was no more than 20% on a good day, to be realistic, how much improvement did they achieve on the Iron dome? 40%? To be optimistic 50%? Still not enough! With MRBM 50% is a disaster and won't justify the development coast! As for their Iron Dome, forget about how accurate it is, it coasts over $300,000 every time it is used, meaning to intercept a roughly $100-$200 rocket fired at israel it coasts them more than a 1000 times more to intercept it! That is a loosing proposition if you ask me, given the number of missiles that are available and can be fired at once, besides it would definitely overwhelm the system! Maybe that is why Russia and the United States never invested too much into such systems against small caliber rockets cause it simply doesn't make any sense!!! But again, don't underestimate the Israeli advances in Radars and ECM systems, they made some good advances in those fields, their stuff is actually decent, I read a lot about it and I like you I have to give credit where it belongs.

As for the S-300, the VM series is geared more towards the anti-ballistic missile role, more of a defensive system than the PMU series, although by numbers it sounds as capable, if not more capable than the PMU series, however, Russia refused to sell Iran the PMU and instead offered them the VM series, which leads me to believe that the PMU-2 specially is a more capable system against aircrafts, I read in Dr. Carlo Copps review of the S-300 family that the PMU-2 is more capable mainly because of the 30N6E TOMB STONE radar. However in 2008 a new radar, Nebo-M, an AESA radar all across the board (L, S\X and VHF bands) was introduced to the VM series, something which gives the VM series more capabilities like the PMU series, but that is in the VM-4 package which the Russian Air Defense ordered, I doubt it'll be available for export in the same configuration, plus the PMU series integrates way better with the legacy SAMs, of which most countries in the Middle East are still operating making it way more desirable. I believe the PM series are more capable.

As for Iran developing an equivalent to the S-400, I highly doubt that! Simply the technology is not there! Missile technology and their guidance are still behind that of Russia and China, they can upgrade older SAMs they have from the USA and Russia, but radars as advanced as the ones for the S-400, I don't think so! Simply no way, only Russia and China has those, and it wouldn't make any sense to assume that Iran acquired those from either Russia of China because that simply defeats the purpose, I don't know, but believe me for Iran to develop a system comparable to the S-400 is damn near impossible, they can't make an AESA radar yet, however I have to say they do have access to the Nebo-M radar, they even showed it in public, but for them to reverse engineer it, I don't think so. My best assessment is that they put together something out of foreign components they have, but I don't believe its gonna be as capable as the S-400 though, more of a hybrid Legacy style SAM with few modern components. They are trying but their claims are simply too ambitious.

Oh and the Israeli ICBM, it is intended I believe more for show, and for satellite launches more than being targeted towards an actual enemy. A technology achievement more than anything.

Oh and the Israeli ICBM, it is intended I believe more for show, and for satellite launches more than being targeted towards an actual enemy. A technology achievement more than anything.

Iran AESA radar:

Have a look at this, I told you, the Iranians are very capable... this is just one of their AESA radars

Iran unveils new naval phased array radar system - Worldnews.com

Back
Top Bottom