What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

sir i think just like great britian or napoleon or the roman empire the US will lose their power the signs are here for everyone to see
about our military industry i think everything will be perfect once our economy get back on its feet then will have the funds to do all we want
maybe they will become more involved when the middle class start to get smaller in time everyone will want to know where is their money going from what i hear the public opinion is aganist US aid to any country and US involvment in any war in the middle east
vitnam can be a fine example

Well they are starting to, after all things are getting worse over there now a days , more are getting involved but the majority are still clueless believe me!!! They only care about things that directly affects their daily lives, prices, unemployment, etc.
And yes, of course every empire will fall sooner of later, history repeats itself, always did and the USA is no exception.

Concerning Iran; unless I have indicators or facts concerning their big plans, I'll differ with you on this matter. All I know for now is that they are concerned with threats from the US and Israel, be it of more sanctions or even war including Intelligence war. So I really think that the Iranians do not have the time or the energy to spend on internal affairs of their Arab neighbors, it is more of a game of provocation by the West, calling for Arab emotions.
Here is the Game pattern: The friend of my friend is my friend, the enemy of my friend is my enemy, the friend of my enemy is my enemy...In the diplomatic world this does not hold but for the US and some of its allies it is still the central thought, and the friendship is based on a one-sided perspective, namely the American policymakers one.:big_boss:

They are interfering in internal Arab affairs, and in a big way too, they are spreading their influence all across the region, it is also a way of intimidation on their part, and it is working. Also I admit that the Iranian threat is a big exaggerated, but just a bit though, and it worked, the UAE and Saudis spent over $60 billion on weapons last year alone! Now who is benefiting from that the most?

Last edited:
Erdogan did that allready,so no loss there.
Who talked about pre-Islam, that was called Jahiliya, it is Islam itself that changed that.
Show us since when they hate the Arabs after Islam. By the way it is Iraq, an Arab country that attacked Iran in recent times, most Muslim countries were ashamed and chocked over that.
Once you find the culprits behind the internal turmoils of some Arab countries, you might change your mind. Common sense dictates that a person or a nation in this instance is considered innocent until proven guilty.

Iraq attacked Iran after they attempted to Iranian regime attempted to assasinate saddam through iraqi proxies in addition to the arming of extremist shia militias in south and kurds in the north.

The current genocide carried out against sunnis in Syria in addition to attempts to change demographics of Homs , northern damascus and hama in favour of minorities and expense of expelling sunnis proofs how your beloved Iran is thinking .

We are no fools mate and your Islam card does not work with us , we reserve the right to respond to those who attempt to take over our country in the name of religion.

There is no ummah or crap , national identity is what defines a country , both Turks and Persians understand this well , it is only some stupid arabs who accept being dictated by non arabs in the name of islam , thank god we do not have these times of creatures in Gulf .

First I wanna tell you that I'm very familiar with America and the Americans, I'm an American Citizen, lived there from 1997 till 2013, so the biggest portion of my adult life was there (I'm Egyptian though lol) That world police part if they abandon it then their alternatives are not good for us. Their economy is in shambles, yes, since 2008, and if things keep going the way the are then their economy will collapse completely, and you know what is the best remedy for that? WAR!!! A similar situation happened in the late 1920s and early 1930s, called the great depression in the USA, and what got' em out of it? World War II. They are not gonna be directly involved as they did in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2003, but rather start a war, here in the Middle East and benefit from it through selling weapons probably to both sides!!! You are seeing this happen now a days with allowing Iran to advance its Missile and Nuclear programs, they even lifted a chunk of the sanctions on Iran and Iran just sent 18 F-14 Engines to be refurbished in the United States!!!! Balance my friend is what we had before, now what happened is they simply screwed that balance by allowing Iran to grow and weakening the Arab Countries through divisions and internal conflicts.

They were attempting to do this but after Russia back-stabbed them on the Ukranian Issue things have changed , the Americans are preparing for a response against Russians in another arena that concerns them but time will tell what kind of response that would be.

After all for USA the stalemate in Syria is Just ideal it drains Iranian economy supporting the rump regime back in Syria , until now they wasted over 20 billion dollars keeping him in power in addition to free 500 thousand barrels of oil per day apart from the fact MB , Islamists and Hezbollah are all finishing off each other while Israel happily watches from other side of the border.

maybe but the US economy is so massive. arms sales will not help much if things get worse china is not falling behind they are getting ready for the day that the US will simply lose control over the world also we can not forget russia and the growing powers around the world which i hope Egypt will be one of them soon our army is doing great we need our economy up and running as soon as possible i think the US today is not the same in the 30s or the US that won the ww2 fighting on both fronts europe and the japan at that time the US was something else
do you think the US can keep their meedling in the middle east and Aisa for long and what does the amirican people think about their forgin policy from what i hear the middle class being torn apart they start to ask why are we spending billions on war and bases overseas when we need this money to help the economy

USA is not weaker , it is Just other powers like Russia and China closed the gap with USA . When it comes to weapon technology Russia in some fields have already outpaced USA such as air-defence systems and somehow ballistic to and in others is quite close to catch up , china has also been doing well .

On the economic front now China pretty much has replaced USA as being number 1 in international trade turnover amount and even china and russia now trade together without using usa currency .

What the USA fears most is the emerging Russian/Chinese alliance , which if works out would make both countries combined stronger than united states . . The problem USA has weakened its allies in Nato so as to keep them under control for past decades , today they are realizing how damaging this policy was for instance Japan now is barely naked infront of chinese actions in south china sea to the point where now USA is forcing Japan to start expanding their domestic defence industry and take a more assertive role in international politics but the thing Japanese have become lazy and dependent on USA protection.

This is the problem usa is facing now that it does not have a strong ally willing to act alone with their army , the whole Nato relies on USA when it comes to countering a non nato member or even waging a small war in their backyard.

Remember the balkan wars , western Europe was not able to react in its own backyard against weak yoguslav regime and asked for us support for action.

The current events in ukraine with Russian response was a slap on USA face , it mixed up their plans and they will be crawling back to the middle east attempting to keep as much partners as possible as the Russians now are back trying to engage with all USA allies in order to limit its influence and distract it from Europe .

They were attempting to do this but after Russia back-stabbed them on the Ukranian Issue things have changed , the Americans are preparing for a response against Russians in another arena that concerns them but time will tell what kind of response that would be.

After all for USA the stalemate in Syria is Just ideal it drains Iranian economy supporting the rump regime back in Syria , until now they wasted over 20 billion dollars keeping him in power in addition to free 500 thousand barrels of oil per day apart from the fact MB , Islamists and Hezbollah are all finishing off each other while Israel happily watches from other side of the border.

That is true, and I think that is why the United States is just doing enough to keep it going despite immense pressure from Saudi Arabia to the contrary.

USA is not weaker , it is Just other powers like Russia and China closed the gap with USA . When it comes to weapon technology Russia in some fields have already outpaced USA such as air-defence systems and somehow ballistic to and in others is quite close to catch up , china has also been doing well .

On the economic front now China pretty much has replaced USA as being number 1 in international trade turnover amount and even china and russia now trade together without using usa currency .

What the USA fears most is the emerging Russian/Chinese alliance , which if works out would make both countries combined stronger than united states . . The problem USA has weakened its allies in Nato so as to keep them under control for past decades , today they are realizing how damaging this policy was for instance Japan now is barely naked infront of chinese actions in south china sea to the point where now USA is forcing Japan to start expanding their domestic defence industry and take a more assertive role in international politics but the thing Japanese have become lazy and dependent on USA protection.

This is the problem usa is facing now that it does not have a strong ally willing to act alone with their army , the whole Nato relies on USA when it comes to countering a non nato member or even waging a small war in their backyard.

Remember the balkan wars , western Europe was not able to react in its own backyard against weak yoguslav regime and asked for us support for action.

The current events in ukraine with Russian response was a slap on USA face , it mixed up their plans and they will be crawling back to the middle east attempting to keep as much partners as possible as the Russians now are back trying to engage with all USA allies in order to limit its influence and distract it from Europe .

Russia has always been ahead of the United States in missile technology and air defense

That is true, and I think that is why the United States is just doing enough to keep it going despite immense pressure from Saudi Arabia to the contrary.

Russia has always been ahead of the United States in missile technology and air defense

Russia defeated USA in the arms race for a point , but what made them fall back in 1990 was communist system , certainly USA will not confront Russia over Ukraine but they will heat up other fronts like Syria .

You know the Syrian rebels have received tow missiles recently used in Idlib on turkish border given by turks after usa approval including the new offensive in latakia right in Assad homeland , Just heating up .

The USA will not listen to Saudi Arabia concerning Syria , they prefer to keep the stalemate going , but it accepted saudi arabia pressure on giving up on MB in Egypt and put blind eye concerning Saudi Arabia annexing Bahrain indirectly .

The other thing that USA might do to please Saudi Arabia would be also dumping Qatar in the event Saudi Arabia , Egypt and UAE design a coup against the family there if they do not end their support for MB and other islamic groups. , the recent Egyptian/UAE military drill was basically a direct threat to qatar, it involved special forces covered by airforce taking over small islands typical a mock up of qatar. Qatar even recently announced full military conscription for first time , ofcourse its a joke they do not even have people .

The USA agreed to dump the MB to appease Saudi Arabia , but that will hurt their relations with Turkey a lot so the USA will have to compensate Turkey in that perhaps through either supporting Turkey gas and oil deals with the kurdish region in iraq without central goverment consent or by giving Turkey green light to set up Turkish zone of influence in northern syria , recently erdogan was talking about creating buffer zone that would reach suleiyman shah tomb in aleppo which is a small landlocked turkish territory under turkish gaurds protection , extremist groups threatened to attack this tomb and turkey threatened to retailate on such thing , and you have seen lately turkish backed offensive in latakia that allowed rebels for first time to size territory in latakia province in addition to the border cross with turkey .

What I am seeing from all this is an american attempt to partition syria into zones of influence between Iran , Turkey and Saudi back rebels in the south but they will still want a stalemate for another 2-3 years until Syria is fully destroyed.

Erdogan did that allready,so no loss there.

you have a point , regardless of the losses you had with MB fall but the Americans are forced to compensate you in other files especially that USA in the near future will be crawling over to Turkey asking for help after all you control the boshporus . I do not know what Turkey will demand from USA as compensation but next period will show how things will work out.

Last edited:
mahatir
Dino R.
what are your opinions about extermests fighting with rebels in syria should assad fall they would be a threat to the middle east do you think it is wise to look the other way while they are getting advanced weapons and battle expereance ?

Iraq attacked Iran after they attempted to Iranian regime attempted to assasinate saddam through iraqi proxies in addition to the arming of extremist shia militias in south and kurds in the north.

The current genocide carried out against sunnis in Syria in addition to attempts to change demographics of Homs , northern damascus and hama in favour of minorities and expense of expelling sunnis proofs how your beloved Iran is thinking .

We are no fools mate and your Islam card does not work with us , we reserve the right to respond to those who attempt to take over our country in the name of religion.

There is no ummah or crap , national identity is what defines a country , both Turks and Persians understand this well , it is only some stupid arabs who accept being dictated by non arabs in the name of islam , thank god we do not have these times of creatures in Gulf .
To tell you the truth, I am not aware of what exactly is taking place in Syria, all I know is that it is a tragedy, no more details than that, apart from government forces fighting rebels.
II do not know how Iran (my beloved by lucidity) is doing that, it seems from all parts that these rebels are supported by western countries and are "sunnis", the same goes with the army, so who is displacing sunnis, and how many shiia are there in Syria?
You might be a christian Syrian, a non religious person or someone trying to be secular that is your choice, but eventhough "My" Islam card holds everywhere in the muslim world. There are long standing evidences that foreign hands wanted to destabilize Syria, they were just waiting for an opportunity, and here we are... Some blame the Saudis, others the Americans and Israelis, and you are the only one blaming Iran, do you have any sound answer please?

First I wanna tell you that I'm very familiar with America and the Americans, I'm an American Citizen, lived there from 1997 till 2013, so the biggest portion of my adult life was there (I'm Egyptian though lol) That world police part if they abandon it then their alternatives are not good for us. Their economy is in shambles, yes, since 2008, and if things keep going the way the are then their economy will collapse completely, and you know what is the best remedy for that? WAR!!! A similar situation happened in the late 1920s and early 1930s, called the great depression in the USA, and what got' em out of it? World War II. They are not gonna be directly involved as they did in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2003, but rather start a war, here in the Middle East and benefit from it through selling weapons probably to both sides!!! You are seeing this happen now a days with allowing Iran to advance its Missile and Nuclear programs, they even lifted a chunk of the sanctions on Iran and Iran just sent 18 F-14 Engines to be refurbished in the United States!!!! Balance my friend is what we had before, now what happened is they simply screwed that balance by allowing Iran to grow and weakening the Arab Countries through divisions and internal conflicts.

Is there any source to the 18 iranian F-14 engines to be refurbished in the US? I could not find one!!!
Can you explain please what you mean by : They allowed" Iran to grow its missiles and nuclear program ( I thought Iran did it despite their threats of war.)
What balance before are you speaking about? The cold war?
Please clarify, since those claims sound a bit odd, maybe with some clarifications they will sound better fo understanding purposes.

Is there any source to the 18 iranian F-14 engines to be refurbished in the US? I could not find one!!!
Can you explain please what you mean by : They allowed" Iran to grow its missiles and nuclear program ( I thought Iran did it despite their threats of war.)
What balance before are you speaking about? The cold war?
Please clarify, since those claims sound a bit odd, maybe with some clarifications they will sound better fo understanding purposes.

I read it on BBC first and then on the Israeli Debka files, the link for the BBC article is: BBC News - US allows Boeing airplane component sales to Iran and check Debka files.

As for allowing Iran to build its missiles and nuclear program, they did, they could have killed it in the 1990s especially when the program wasn't as advanced as it is now a days. Either it was a HUGE blunder on part of the CIA but I doubt bothe the CIA and the Israeli Mossad were both unaware of the program, I mean it did work, the Gulf States are spending more many than ever before on American and European weapons and the main reason, Iran, so just maybe that is what happened.
And the balance I was referring to was how things were in the Middle East from the late 1990s to early 2000s, keeping Israel a step ahead of the Arabs and neutralizing anyone that gets too strong or who has bigger aspirations that can mess-up that balance (Iraq).

It is a theory, and I don't think its odd or anything :)

I read it on BBC first and then on the Israeli Debka files, the link for the BBC article is: BBC News - US allows Boeing airplane component sales to Iran and check Debka files.

As for allowing Iran to build its missiles and nuclear program, they did, they could have killed it in the 1990s especially when the program wasn't as advanced as it is now a days. Either it was a HUGE blunder on part of the CIA but I doubt bothe the CIA and the Israeli Mossad were both unaware of the program, I mean it did work, the Gulf States are spending more many than ever before on American and European weapons and the main reason, Iran, so just maybe that is what happened.
And the balance I was referring to was how things were in the Middle East from the late 1990s to early 2000s, keeping Israel a step ahead of the Arabs and neutralizing anyone that gets too strong or who has bigger aspirations that can mess-up that balance (Iraq).

Oh and don't forget Israel's strikes on the Iraqi reactor in the 1980s and again on the Syrian one in 2007, they ALWAYS reacted preemptively when faced with such a threat, and they hit the Syrians many times targeted their Army research centers (responsible for Missile development) few times notably in 2001, so what happened with Iran?!!! Were they simply sleeping? Or maybe the United States leashed them and prevented them from doing so, I dunno, what do you think? I mean not to take away from Iran and how they planned and executed both programs, they were brilliant if you ask me.

Oh and don't forget Israel's strikes on the Iraqi reactor in the 1980s and again on the Syrian one in 2007, they ALWAYS reacted preemptively when faced with such a threat, and they hit the Syrians many times targeted their Army research centers (responsible for Missile development) few times notably in 2001, so what happened with Iran?!!! Were they simply sleeping? Or maybe the United States leashed them and prevented them from doing so, I dunno, what do you think? I mean not to take away from Iran and how they planned and executed both programs, they were brilliant if you ask me.

You have good arguments. Yet, in the 70's, it is the US itself that helped start the program through the Germans and others; in that era, in the 70s, Iran was the most trusted ally of the western countries, it was even called the policeman or the guardian of the middle east in regard to the USSR. They also were the only operators along the USN of the most sophisticated warplane in the world the F-14, meaning that they had access to the best technologies in the US. In the 90s Iran didn't have much of nuclear technology to be stopped, they had a small research reactor and were doing research, no enrichment and no Real reactor, not even centrifuges for enrichment, and you are right, even the research was kind of secretive, since no one wanted to give them anything related the Nuclear field, despite the fact that they are signatories of the NPT!!!
I am not sure about the reason(s) why the Gulf countries are spending a lot of money on armaments, Iran is a good argument but not sufficient an argument, I think there are other reasons also.
The question is, why especially Israel, an apartheid foreign entity with different values, should be the balancing factor in the middle east? That was an error, and the middle east is correcting it now: the major powers in the Area should be strong enough to make that balance, and that is exactly what we are seeing, the GCC and dependencies are getting stronger by the day, and Iran also, it's all about deterrence, hence the Israeli role in balancing things up in the middle east is coming to a halt and being nullified.
I believe that this approach of balance based on deterrence is much viable than the approach by violence and preemptive raids. By the way Iran attacked the Iraqi reactor's (during a declared war) most buildings but not the reactor (which was directly attacked by USrael) itself 8 months before the USraelis by fear of radioactivity fallouts. Just this fact alone shows that Iranians are more responsible than the Israelis and their helpers. There are also the many attacks on Syria and Lebanon, and recently in Africa, very close to Egypt that they did not hesitate to attack preemptively in 1967 also.
As for the nuclear work of Iran, we just said that it was secretive till 2003, with a bunch of Iranian dissidents unveiling some "hidden" events, but the Iranian government was swift to let the IAEO inspect its sites and to provide proofs of not having a military nuclear program, we can see that these inspections and permanent monitoring means are still going on today.
For the missile program, we know that Iran had no other choice but to get ballistic missiles, since Saddam's ones were hitting its cities. From there to the recent developments the road is quite impressive, since they kept up with recent missile technologies, and are considered as a missile power.

Last edited:

The distance between Israel and Iran makes it impossible for Israel to strike Iran directly , they simply do not have the capacity to attack Iran so that is why they resort to sabotage operations against its nuclear scientists , the same reason Israel did not attack pakistan nuclear sites due to distance issue .

The same goes for Iran , their ballistic missiles do not really threat Israel as these missiles would be intercepted and destroyed in Gulf and Jordanian airspace before reaching Israel .

The only threat Iran pose to Israel is through the rockets it supplies to hezbollah and again Israel has made sure sophisticated missiles did not fall into the hands of hezbollah by carrying out more than 10 announced strikes apart from the unannounced operations against missile smuggling from syria to lebanon.

They already have built the Iron Dome recently which pretty much protects Israel strategic areas from rockets possessed by hezbollah and Syria has depleted its missile arsenal killing its own people during the simple war in addition to giving up its chemical ditterent .

Iran Ballistic missiles only pose direct threat to the Gulf thus means purchasing anti-ballistic missile systems from USA and from here USA has tolerated the Iranian ballistic missile program as long as it only threatens the Gulf region only .

mahatir
Dino R.
what are your opinions about extermests fighting with rebels in syria should assad fall they would be a threat to the middle east do you think it is wise to look the other way while they are getting advanced weapons and battle expereance ?

I do not think Assad will fall in the short term now , it will continue as a stalemate civil war for a few more years . The rebels have consolidated their power in northern Syria now all along the Turkish border by recently seizing the last border crossing between Turkey and Syria in latakia.

Iran and Hezbollah are more interested in securing the corridor route that connects Damascus with the Syrian Coast " Assad's sect homeland " to allow Iran continue smuggling Arms to hezbollah through that corridor . If you look at the regions where hezbollah is fighting , he is only concentrating on the towns and cities where is arms and drug smuggling routes run through "qalamoun in reef damascus and qusar in homs " but against securing those limited areas have cost him over 500 soldiers . The rebels in these regions now have decided on again turning to Gurella warefare by attacking convoys and checkpoints that hezbollah and syrian army have set up in the border region rather than holding towns and villages.

The rebels decided to focus their force on consolidating and seizing territory close to Turkey and Jordan where they have logistical support from the goverments in both countries to pass over weapons and ammunition .

Lebanon is pro Syria this is why Rebels were unable to permanently seize territory on Lebanese border due to arms shortage but in the north and south they performed much better and consolidated power as they have full control over supply routes with support from Jordanian and Turkish governments.

The rebels started making proper use of their manpower and strength by focusing on liberating areas where the regime does not have the capacity to recapture like Idlib , Daraa and Aleppo provinces . Now the Rebels have conquered most of Idlib province and using it to launch attacks on central Syria and close to the route where weapons are smuggled from the coast .

War brings massive revenue, not just in weapons sales, its a long story lol but believe me it does. The USA of now is much stronger than the USA prior to WWII believe it or not, much stronger and much more capable, back then England was the big dog, not the USA. Egyptian military industry, although one of the strongest in the region is still behind on so many levels, especially high-tec stuff, but we will get there inshallah one day. The solution to that problem is a simple, big $$$ invested in the military industry, the problem is that Egypt don't have it at all, unlike Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States and Iran, but the Saudis and the UAEs, instead of spending over $60 billion in one year on buying off-the-shelf systems can invest even a 1/4 of that amount in developing new systems through Egypt and the results would be amazing!!! But who is listening!!!
As far as the USA, they will keep their noses in the Middle East of course, no way around it, but not in the same way George W. Bush did, but in the smarter more traditional way of all other US presidents before him. And the thing about the American people in general, Middle class or not, they don't know much about their country's foreign policy, except for very few, so they have no effect on that, however lately they are starting to get a bit more involved, but they are still a long way, they are NOT like people here or in Europe, totally different mentality and attitude.

You know UAE will be funding a 40 billion housing project in Egypt and Gulf supported Egypt budget with 10 billion over the past 8 month.

The Gulf would help Egypt by financing Budget deficits and offering cheap oil and gas which allows Egypt to allocate more resources and funs to its unconventional programs .

Egypt only needs to reform its subsidies system and you will have a lot of resources available for funding unconventional program and the Gulf would not mind funding such programs .

Saudi Arabia financed pakistan nuclear program before , it just needs Egypt the political will to expand again its short range ballistic missile program and be sure there will be support.

After All I do not regard this as support but its important for our own survival , Egypt and Gulf are on the same boat, either we sink together will reach the shore safely .

You have good arguments. Yet, in the 70's, it is the US itself that helped start the program through the Germans and others; in that era, in the 70s, Iran was the most trusted ally of the western countries, it was even called the policeman or the guardian of the middle east in regard to the USSR. They also were the only operators along the USN of the most sophisticated warplane in the world the F-14, meaning that they had access to the best technologies in the US. In the 90s Iran didn't have much of nuclear technology to be stopped, they had a small research reactor and were doing research, no enrichment and no Real reactor, not even centrifuges for enrichment, and you are right, even the research was kind of secretive, since no one wanted to give them anything related the Nuclear field, despite the fact that they are signatories of the NPT!!!
I am not sure about the reason(s) why the Gulf countries are spending a lot of money on armaments, Iran is a good argument but not sufficient an argument, I think there are other reasons also.
The question is, why especially Israel, an apartheid foreign entity with different values, should be the balancing factor in the middle east? That was an error, and the middle east is correcting it now: the major powers in the Area should be strong enough to make that balance, and that is exactly what we are seeing, the GCC and dependencies are getting stronger by the day, and Iran also, it's all about deterrence, hence the Israeli role in balancing things up in the middle east is coming to a halt and being nullified.
I believe that this approach of balance based on deterrence is much viable than the approach by violence and preemptive raids. By the way Iran attacked the Iraqi reactor's (during a declared war) most buildings but not the reactor (which was directly attacked by USrael) itself 8 months before the USraelis by fear of radioactivity fallouts. Just this fact alone shows that Iranians are more responsible than the Israelis and their helpers. There are also the many attacks on Syria and Lebanon, and recently in Africa, very close to Egypt that they did not hesitate to attack preemptively in 1967 also.
As for the nuclear work of Iran, we just said that it was secretive till 2003, with a bunch of Iranian dissidents unveiling some "hidden" events, but the Iranian government was swift to let the IAEO inspect its sites and to provide proofs of not having a military nuclear program, we can see that these inspections and permanent monitoring means are still going on today.
For the missile program, we know that Iran had no other choice but to get ballistic missiles, since Saddam's ones were hitting its cities. From there to the recent developments the road is quite impressive, since they kept up with recent missile technologies, and are considered as a missile power.

Well, why Israel was the balancing factor wasn't a choice, remember the support Israel has in the United States and their extensive lobbies there that pressure decision makers to ALWAYS support Israel despite their repeated atrocities, it is sad but it is the way things are!!!

You know UAE will be funding a 40 billion housing project in Egypt and Gulf supported Egypt budget with 10 billion over the past 8 month.

The Gulf would help Egypt by financing Budget deficits and offering cheap oil and gas which allows Egypt to allocate more resources and funs to its unconventional programs .

Egypt only needs to reform its subsidies system and you will have a lot of resources available for funding unconventional program and the Gulf would not mind funding such programs .

Saudi Arabia financed pakistan nuclear program before , it just needs Egypt the political will to expand again its short range ballistic missile program and be sure there will be support.

After All I do not regard this as support but its important for our own survival , Egypt and Gulf are on the same boat, either we sink together will reach the shore safely .

You are right, it is a mutual interest and it is a must now a days with all the challenges. The Saudis and the rest of the GCC should invest heavily in various weapons programs, and the only country with the expertise and know how is Egypt, something that will benefit all of them, and now a days money can buy anything, and we should learn from the Iranians, how even with heavy sanctions on them, Iran managed to make remarkable advances in many of its military programs, conventional and non-conventional. The Arabs don't have such crippling sanctions and money is not an issue! It is common sense, and I'm hopeful they are seeing the benefit of that right now and moving towards it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom