What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

There is a new government in Egypt, The Swedes know this, so the deal if Egypt is interested might still go through, by the way they have sold the system to Pakistan.
There was this submarine affair that did not work with the Germans too.
The German tanks to SA faced opposition.
Does this mean that Northern Europeans have something against the Arabs? While they pretend that the human rights record plays a big role in their defense sales, they give their best armaments for free or for a symbolic payment to Israel, the world's most notorious human rights violator apartheid entity.
Is there a lesson to be learned for the Arabs concerning this matter that most certainly hides more grievances?
At least Iran did understand this and started an overall self sufficiency program and achieved it.
There is this story of the Viking coming to Andalusia and starting to loot villages, rape women and kill innocent people, in no time, maybe within 24 hours a huge Arab army faced them, surrounded them and killed most of them, the remaining ones, the elderly the children and the women were allowed to take their boats and go back to where they came from, they never came back again. Maybe this still engraved in their collective memory. This is just to say that the values they are bringing up today do not belong to them, it is an irony of the times that these values belong to the Arabs who are criticized today by these looters, who are now looting history itself.

Nope, wouldn't export to Greece + Chile under the Juntas, Apartheid South Africa, North Korea.
Countries involved in Civil War are out. UN sanctions block exports.
Democracies are acceptable as a general rule, non-democracies not.
Can't start exporting to countries involved in wars, but would obviously support existing deals.
Arab countries are generally off limit, due to bad forms of government.
Egypt is really doubtful with summary trials resulting in death penalties without people beeing heard.
In short, lots of rules, and also domestic political considerations.

South Africa nowadays, India, Thailand and Brazil are examples of non EU/NATO countries
that got approval. The Pakistan order is actually a little surprising to me.
Apparently they sustained heavy damage/was destroyed last year, and SAAB
cannot get any technicians that wants to support a replacement deal due to the dangerous
situations for foreigners.

Even if the Egyptian justice system has multiple courts for complaints, and the death sentences
may be revoked, it gives bad press.

May be wrong, but I don't think Sweden sells weapons to Israel.
Would have caused a lot of domestic problems.

Nope, wouldn't export to Greece + Chile under the Juntas, Apartheid South Africa, North Korea.
Countries involved in Civil War are out. UN sanctions block exports.
Democracies are acceptable as a general rule, non-democracies not.
Can't start exporting to countries involved in wars, but would obviously support existing deals.
Arab countries are generally off limit, due to bad forms of government.
Egypt is really doubtful with summary trials resulting in death penalties without people beeing heard.
In short, lots of rules, and also domestic political considerations.

South Africa nowadays, India, Thailand and Brazil are examples of non EU/NATO countries
that got approval. The Pakistan order is actually a little surprising to me.
Apparently they sustained heavy damage/was destroyed last year, and SAAB
cannot get any technicians that wants to support a replacement deal due to the dangerous
situations for foreigners.

Even if the Egyptian justice system has multiple courts for complaints, and the death sentences
may be revoked, it gives bad press.

May be wrong, but I don't think Sweden sells weapons to Israel.
Would have caused a lot of domestic problems.

You can still find the Bofors everywhere I guess.
True about the Arab governments and their actions that give bad press in general, that is a sign that they do not know how to manipulate the media to their advantages like Israel for example, or better yet India that no one can surpass in bad governance, but they got friends with Israel and all of a sudden they became good democracies !!!?
What about Swedish companies, while they criticize bad governance they still give it nutrients. This is a Western policy in general, so they are not to be taken very seriously.

Read this please:

In 1986, a $285 million contract between the Government of India and Swedish arms company Bofors was signed for supply of 410 155mm Howitzer field guns.[6] In 1987, Swedish Radio alleged that Bofors paid illegal commissions to top Indian politicians and key defence officials to seal the deal.[6] The scandal contributed to the defeat of Rajiv Gandhi in elections three years later.[7] [8]
Bofors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
There is this story of the Vikings coming to Andalusia and starting to loot villages, rape women and kill innocent people, in no time, maybe within 24 hours a huge Arab army faced them, surrounded them and killed most of them, the remaining ones, the elderly the children and the women were allowed to take their boats and go back to where they came from, they never came back again. Maybe this is still engraved in their collective memory. This is just to say that the values they are bringing up today do not belong to them, it is an irony of the times that these values belong to the Arabs who are criticized today by these looters, who are now looting history itself.

Don't think so, collective memory in Sweden is all about Russia.
Noone hates Russia, but we are certainly aware of Russias existance.

Those Vikings were probably from Denmark or Norway anyway, which are not great exporters of weapons.
Danes got much more severe beating in England + I would be very surprised if the average Dane
even have heard about the Andalusian failure.

People are of course aware of the Crusades, but this has little/no practical effect on daily business.
In general things are done by the "book" so any would be buyer, would have to pass the needle eye.

Can't speak for Germany but I would not be surprised if the rules are similar.

If the Chinese AEW planes "won't work as they are heavily dependent on Israeli technology", this means they are Dependant on American know how and technology, since personally I do not think Israel has any tech of its own, since I have been following this matter for a long time, So these planes might just work fine for Egypt. The Swedish option is very viable too.
The S-300PMU2 in optimal quantity will make Egypt's air defenses very strong, mostly when integrated with the other low and medium air defense systems, like you mentioned.
It is difficult to understand why the Egyptian generals opted for the latest versions of the Mig-29 (although a formidable fighter), instead of the highly admired Su-35. Maybe they managed to have an AESA radar for the Migs and have these Migs custom made for the EAF. I know of a small AESA radar made by a small Russian company.
The construction of the Ethiopian Dam is a very complicated matter, with many foreign hands involved, I have mentioned before, in a different thread that I suspected the Israeli hand through it Fellashas contacts and friends in Ethiopia, since I found it a very plausible strategic move by Israel and company to weaken and threaten Egypt up to its blood veins and arteries(the Nile); it was mostly within the election of Morsi and the Muslim brotherhood at that time, but now, we can see Israel's big brothers hands more clearly.
I wish the best for Egypt and the Egyptians, it is painful to see them fighting each other after all the turmoil to have a democratically elected government.

I meant won't work for the Egyptians because they have Israeli technology in it. It is not confirmed but after the Chinese tried to buy the Israeli El\W-2090 in the late 1990s and the sale was blocked by the USA for fear of technology transfer to China, it was rumored that the Israelis still helped the Chinese with their KJ-2000 (I believe that is what its called) that they put on the Briev transport, I think Israel does a pretty good job and they do put foreign components together and make something unique out of it that gets the job done, and I have to say they do have some high-tech of their own, they are pretty good in EW stuff. I'd still pick the Erieye Swedish system, it worked very well for the Saudis and the UAE, it is very capable, and can fit on an Embrar small jet, or a similar size Saab (Business jet size) and in my opinion, instead of buying an expensive system that goes on a passenger-size jet buy a couple or more of the smaller system, it'll cover the same area and offer redundancy in case any of those systems is taken out vs one big one thats going to be like a sitting duck, on the principle of not putting all your eggs in the same basket, especially that Egypt is not like the USA, Russia, India or China, we are broke! lol
And what small Russian AESA you mean? The smallest one I know of is the Zhuk-AE made by Phazotron, and the Irbis-E but its a bigger one, is there any other ones?
And as far as why they picked the Mig-29 M\M2, I think it is still the same mentality that the EAF adopted since after 1967, dependency on layered air-defense systems before the combat-jet and if any enemy aircrafts break through that then smaller point-defense interceptors will finish them off! A more defensive approach than a more aggressive one! That has to change in my humble opinion. But even that won't answer the question why not go for an AESA equipped Mig-29 variant!! That one I really don't have a definitive answer for!
And yes the threat from Ethiopia is very real and very serious!!! The problem if that dam is built is not only going to make the Ethiopians get us by the balls, and not only we can't hit it after its completed and the reservoir lake behind it is full as doing so will cause a catastrophic flood surge that will devastate all of Sudan and can seriously compromise our own High-Dam in Aswan south of Egypt causing it to collapse and flood Egypt with even more water, if that dam is built believe it or not Egypt won't only be completely helpless to touch it, we will actually have to protect it as it will be a of strategic importance to us!!! It has to be protected or else an enemy can go hit us down there where it'll be much easier!!! It is a nightmare!! Has to be stopped no matter what the coast is!!! And from what I see now a days in Egypt I think they are seriously gearing-up to do something, I mean they are gonna have to no matter what!!!! And Yes, the Israelis do have a big hand in that project, they know what effect it will have on Egypt and how vulnerable it will make us, so yea, its been their plan for a long time, and Ethiopia tried twice before to get it done but couldn't due to pressure from Egypt but they took advantage of the situation with the Arab spring all over the Middle East and Egypt simply being too busy with internal conflict and got it off the ground! Can't blame' em though!
And thank you for your words, and thank you for the intelligent conversation, you do know your shit obviously and its hard to find knowledgeable people like you :)

You can still find the Bofors everywhere I guess

Yes, probably the all time largest success,
but this was also produced under license by others.
Sometimes weapons get reexported illegally like the RBS-70 to Dubai & Ahrain.

We have a professional here @WebMaster @Aeronaut :enjoy:

Regarding the analysis, I believe it's correct, but when we take UAE case into consideration, the most disadvantages of this MRLS don't really exist. in other words, mobility is a must for MRLS as they could be targeted after firing their rockets, but in UAE, there are immune top notch air defense system and air force which make targeting anything inside the country with precision guided missiles impossible from a country like Iran.

What UAE did was customizing this MRLS to suit it's need. As you mentioned, Jobaria replaces a full battery of MRLS of 30 men crew with 1 vehicle of 3 men. As you know, UAE lacks personnel and need a massive firepower to counter the threat coming from Iran which has huge personal whom could be used to invade it like they did with Iraq.

Another thing, this vehicle isn't supposed to fire all it's rockets at once, it depends on the nature of the threat.
Proffessionals are military profs guys..

Margaret Thatcher felt forced to resign mid-term by lack of support in her own party,
and U.K. is still considered a democracy.
A true democrat understand when to leave.
Even better example is Willy Brandt, West-German Chancellor, who resigned
when it was revealed that a personal aide was spying for East-Germany.

Even if elected for a term, a true democrat will resign and seek approval for a new term,
when they screw up like Mursi. Just a poor polling result is no reason for leaving.
Hamas should have resigned several times, like the Israeli government.

Mursi obviously was an inexperienced politician.
If he had declared that he would resign, and call for new elections to confirm his leadership,
Egypt would have been in a much better situation, and he would not be in jail.

Very well said....

There is a new government in Egypt, The Swedes know this, so the deal if Egypt is interested might still go through, by the way they have sold the system to Pakistan.
There was this submarine affair that did not work with the Germans too.
The German tanks to SA faced opposition.
Does this mean that Northern Europeans have something against the Arabs? While they pretend that the human rights record plays a big role in their defense sales, they give their best armaments for free or for a symbolic payment to Israel, the world's most notorious human rights violator apartheid entity.
Is there a lesson to be learned for the Arabs concerning this matter that most certainly hides more grievances?
At least Iran did understand this and started an overall self sufficiency program and achieved it.

There is this story of the Vikings coming to Andalusia and starting to loot villages, rape women and kill innocent people, in no time, maybe within 24 hours a huge Arab army faced them, surrounded them and killed most of them, the remaining ones, the elderly the children and the women were allowed to take their boats and go back to where they came from, they never came back again. Maybe this is still engraved in their collective memory. This is just to say that the values they are bringing up today do not belong to them, it is an irony of the times that these values belong to the Arabs who are criticized today by these looters, who are now looting history itself.

Again, very well said on your part too, you truly have a head on your shoulders! God bless!

Read this please:

In 1986, a $285 million contract between the Government of India and Swedish arms company Bofors was signed for supply of 410 155mm Howitzer field guns.[6] In 1987, Swedish Radio alleged that Bofors paid illegal commissions to top Indian politicians and key defence officials to seal the deal.[6] The scandal contributed to the defeat of Rajiv Gandhi in elections three years later.[7] [8]
India is considered a democracy, so that is not a problem.

Well known in Sweden.
Bofors was banned in India after this affair, until the last war vs Pakistan.
The Haubits 77 proved to be so useful, that the ban was revoked by India, in order to get spare parts.

Personally I think it is positive that foul play was revealed by the Swedes.
Politicians/Arnament companies know that foul play can and will be exposed
and the domestic political prize can be high.

You can still find the Bofors everywhere I guess.
True about the Arab governments and their actions that give bad press in general, that is a sign that they do not know how to manipulate the media to their advantages like Israel for example, or better yet India that no one can surpass in bad governance, but they got friends with Israel and all of a sudden they became good democracies !!!?
What about Swedish companies, while they criticize bad governance they still give it nutrients. This is a Western policy in general, so they are not to be taken very seriously.

Read this please:

And this:

Swedish weapons sold to dictatorships: agency
Published: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00
Updated: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00

Fresh figures from the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls (Inspektionen för strategiska produkter, ISP) show that a large percentage of Swedish arms exports go to undemocratic countries and dictatorships, despite a decision from the Riksdag last year to tighten regulation on arms exports.

“I am terribly disappointed to see exports to dictatorships soaring. It is a radical increase compared to previous years, despite the Riksdag's decision from last year to tighten arms export rules,” said Anna Ek, head of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society, SPAS, (Svenska Freds), to daily Dagens Nyheter (DN).

The figures show that Swedish companies in 2011 exported defence materials worth 13.9 billion kronor ($2.1 billion), staying more or less on the same level as the previous year.

Swedish arms sales to Thailand, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates made up 60 percent of the sales in 2011.

37 percent went to other EU countries and established cooperation nations such as the US, Canada and South Africa, according to ISP.

"In 2011 it was the export of Jas 39 Gripen fighter jets to Thailand and the airborne surveillance system Erieye to the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan," wrote the director general of ISP, Andreas Ekman Duse in a DN editorial.

But Ek blames Swedish minister for trade Ewa Björling for the fact that the majority of arms sales go to undemocratic countries or dictatorships.

“Björling says that she feels comfortable with how the ISP deals with it. I am guessing the regimes of these countries are also feeling comfortable,” said Ek to DN.

Björling did not want to comment on the propriety in selling arms to countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, pointing to how the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls is an independent agency which, together with the Export Control Council, a special parliamentary advisory body, weighs together all factors, of which human rights is one.

“Sometimes they reach the conclusion to allow export and sometimes not. And this judgement is ultimately about Sweden's security,” said Björling to news agency TT.

How that works with selling weapons to India and Pakistan, Björling chose not to answer. Instead she referred the question to ISP.

According to Björling, Sweden's rules on selling arms to dictatorships are strict and she is hoping to form a committee to work on ways to tighten Swedish arms export controls further.

And Ekman Duse agrees with her.

“For countries lacking in human rights, the rules stipulate that equipment which could potentially be used against the own population should not be exported,” he told DN.

The anti-tank weapons sold to Saudi Arabia, for example, are not meant to be used for internal struggles but only if another country would invade, according to Ekman Duse.

He did not want to speculate on whether it would be possible for the regime to use these in case of insurrection, as was seen in Syria.

Also, the export to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia aside, Swedish arms exports to the Middle East and North Africa was limited, according to ISP.

TT/Rebecca Martin (news@thelocal.se)
Swedish weapons sold to dictatorships: agency Published: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00 Updated: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00 Facebook Twitter Google+ reddit Fresh figures from the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls (Inspektionen för strategiska produkter, ISP) show that a large percentage of Swedish arms exports go to undemocratic countries and dictatorships, despite a decision from the Riksdag last year to tighten regulation on arms exports. “I am terribly disappointed to see exports to dictatorships soaring. It is a radical increase compared to previous years, despite the Riksdag's decision from last year to tighten arms export rules,” said Anna Ek, head of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society, SPAS, (Svenska Freds), to daily Dagens Nyheter (DN). The figures show that Swedish companies in 2011 exported defence materials worth 13.9 billion kronor ($2.1 billion), staying more or less on the same level as the previous year. Swedish arms sales to Thailand, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates made up 60 percent of the sales in 2011. 37 percent went to other EU countries and established cooperation nations such as the US, Canada and South Africa, according to ISP. "In 2011 it was the export of Jas 39 Gripen fighter jets to Thailand and the airborne surveillance system Erieye to the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan," wrote the director general of ISP, Andreas Ekman Duse in a DN editorial. But Ek blames Swedish minister for trade Ewa Björling for the fact that the majority of arms sales go to undemocratic countries or dictatorships. “Björling says that she feels comfortable with how the ISP deals with it. I am guessing the regimes of these countries are also feeling comfortable,” said Ek to DN. Björling did not want to comment on the propriety in selling arms to countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, pointing to how the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls is an independent agency which, together with the Export Control Council, a special parliamentary advisory body, weighs together all factors, of which human rights is one. “Sometimes they reach the conclusion to allow export and sometimes not. And this judgement is ultimately about Sweden's security,” said Björling to news agency TT. How that works with selling weapons to India and Pakistan, Björling chose not to answer. Instead she referred the question to ISP. According to Björling, Sweden's rules on selling arms to dictatorships are strict and she is hoping to form a committee to work on ways to tighten Swedish arms export controls further. And Ekman Duse agrees with her. “For countries lacking in human rights, the rules stipulate that equipment which could potentially be used against the own population should not be exported,” he told DN. The anti-tank weapons sold to Saudi Arabia, for example, are not meant to be used for internal struggles but only if another country would invade, according to Ekman Duse. He did not want to speculate on whether it would be possible for the regime to use these in case of insurrection, as was seen in Syria. Also, the export to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia aside, Swedish arms exports to the Middle East and North Africa was limited, according to ISP. TT/Rebecca Martin (news@thelocal.se)

Proffessionals are military profs guys..

You don't have to be in the military or ex-military to be a professional bro! One of the most influential people in the American military thinking and strategy, Pierre Sprey, one of the people behind the F-16 and the A-10, never served a day in uniform! And you don't know anyone's background, he or she might be more qualified than you have ever though :) Just chill and have fun ;)

Right now we are busy with the former CEO OF Swedish Telecom (Telia) for bribery in Whateveristan,
(he already had to resign, but now may face a 100M$+ lawsuit) and possible bribes to Greece on their EriEye purchase 15 years ago.
Ericsson Telecom has sued the reponsible managers for misusing of funds.
Shit happens, but hopefully this will give negative feedack.

And this:

Swedish weapons sold to dictatorships: agency
Published: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00
Updated: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00

Fresh figures from the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls (Inspektionen för strategiska produkter, ISP) show that a large percentage of Swedish arms exports go to undemocratic countries and dictatorships, despite a decision from the Riksdag last year to tighten regulation on arms exports.

“I am terribly disappointed to see exports to dictatorships soaring. It is a radical increase compared to previous years, despite the Riksdag's decision from last year to tighten arms export rules,” said Anna Ek, head of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society, SPAS, (Svenska Freds), to daily Dagens Nyheter (DN).

The figures show that Swedish companies in 2011 exported defence materials worth 13.9 billion kronor ($2.1 billion), staying more or less on the same level as the previous year.

Swedish arms sales to Thailand, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates made up 60 percent of the sales in 2011.

37 percent went to other EU countries and established cooperation nations such as the US, Canada and South Africa, according to ISP.

"In 2011 it was the export of Jas 39 Gripen fighter jets to Thailand and the airborne surveillance system Erieye to the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan," wrote the director general of ISP, Andreas Ekman Duse in a DN editorial.

But Ek blames Swedish minister for trade Ewa Björling for the fact that the majority of arms sales go to undemocratic countries or dictatorships.

“Björling says that she feels comfortable with how the ISP deals with it. I am guessing the regimes of these countries are also feeling comfortable,” said Ek to DN.

Björling did not want to comment on the propriety in selling arms to countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, pointing to how the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls is an independent agency which, together with the Export Control Council, a special parliamentary advisory body, weighs together all factors, of which human rights is one.

“Sometimes they reach the conclusion to allow export and sometimes not. And this judgement is ultimately about Sweden's security,” said Björling to news agency TT.

How that works with selling weapons to India and Pakistan, Björling chose not to answer. Instead she referred the question to ISP.

According to Björling, Sweden's rules on selling arms to dictatorships are strict and she is hoping to form a committee to work on ways to tighten Swedish arms export controls further.

And Ekman Duse agrees with her.

“For countries lacking in human rights, the rules stipulate that equipment which could potentially be used against the own population should not be exported,” he told DN.

The anti-tank weapons sold to Saudi Arabia, for example, are not meant to be used for internal struggles but only if another country would invade, according to Ekman Duse.

He did not want to speculate on whether it would be possible for the regime to use these in case of insurrection, as was seen in Syria.

Also, the export to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia aside, Swedish arms exports to the Middle East and North Africa was limited, according to ISP.

TT/Rebecca Martin (news@thelocal.se)
Swedish weapons sold to dictatorships: agency Published: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00 Updated: 22 Feb 2012 15:45 GMT+01:00 Facebook Twitter Google+ reddit Fresh figures from the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls (Inspektionen för strategiska produkter, ISP) show that a large percentage of Swedish arms exports go to undemocratic countries and dictatorships, despite a decision from the Riksdag last year to tighten regulation on arms exports. “I am terribly disappointed to see exports to dictatorships soaring. It is a radical increase compared to previous years, despite the Riksdag's decision from last year to tighten arms export rules,” said Anna Ek, head of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society, SPAS, (Svenska Freds), to daily Dagens Nyheter (DN). The figures show that Swedish companies in 2011 exported defence materials worth 13.9 billion kronor ($2.1 billion), staying more or less on the same level as the previous year. Swedish arms sales to Thailand, Saudi Arabia, India, Pakistan and the United Arab Emirates made up 60 percent of the sales in 2011. 37 percent went to other EU countries and established cooperation nations such as the US, Canada and South Africa, according to ISP. "In 2011 it was the export of Jas 39 Gripen fighter jets to Thailand and the airborne surveillance system Erieye to the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan," wrote the director general of ISP, Andreas Ekman Duse in a DN editorial. But Ek blames Swedish minister for trade Ewa Björling for the fact that the majority of arms sales go to undemocratic countries or dictatorships. “Björling says that she feels comfortable with how the ISP deals with it. I am guessing the regimes of these countries are also feeling comfortable,” said Ek to DN. Björling did not want to comment on the propriety in selling arms to countries like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, pointing to how the Swedish Agency for Non-proliferation and Export Controls is an independent agency which, together with the Export Control Council, a special parliamentary advisory body, weighs together all factors, of which human rights is one. “Sometimes they reach the conclusion to allow export and sometimes not. And this judgement is ultimately about Sweden's security,” said Björling to news agency TT. How that works with selling weapons to India and Pakistan, Björling chose not to answer. Instead she referred the question to ISP. According to Björling, Sweden's rules on selling arms to dictatorships are strict and she is hoping to form a committee to work on ways to tighten Swedish arms export controls further. And Ekman Duse agrees with her. “For countries lacking in human rights, the rules stipulate that equipment which could potentially be used against the own population should not be exported,” he told DN. The anti-tank weapons sold to Saudi Arabia, for example, are not meant to be used for internal struggles but only if another country would invade, according to Ekman Duse. He did not want to speculate on whether it would be possible for the regime to use these in case of insurrection, as was seen in Syria. Also, the export to the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia aside, Swedish arms exports to the Middle East and North Africa was limited, according to ISP. TT/Rebecca Martin (news@thelocal.se)

Yes, I also read this some time ago.
Svenska Freds does not want Sweden to export weapons PERIOD.
Truth is that Sweden cannot afford to be self reliant without exports, so bad idea.

Helping SaudiArabia with AT missiles was a big scandal a few months ago,
even though it technically meet the rules, I think this deal will not continue as planned.
Only contractual obligations will be met.

Selling EriEye to Pakistan was a surprise to me. UAE as well.
Not really something very useful in a civil war, so OK.

No problems with India/Thailand/NATO.

You don't have to be in the military or ex-military to be a professional bro! One of the most influential people in the American military thinking and strategy, Pierre Sprey, one of the people behind the F-16 and the A-10, never served a day in uniform! And you don't know anyone's background, he or she might be more qualified than you have ever though :) Just chill and have fun ;)
I'm talking abt the label thingy .. On the forum .. The professionals have it on their profile..

I meant won't work for the Egyptians because they have Israeli technology in it. It is not confirmed but after the Chinese tried to buy the Israeli El\W-2090 in the late 1990s and the sale was blocked by the USA for fear of technology transfer to China, it was rumored that the Israelis still helped the Chinese with their KJ-2000 (I believe that is what its called) that they put on the Briev transport, I think Israel does a pretty good job and they do put foreign components together and make something unique out of it that gets the job done, and I have to say they do have some high-tech of their own, they are pretty good in EW stuff. I'd still pick the Erieye Swedish system, it worked very well for the Saudis and the UAE, it is very capable, and can fit on an Embrar small jet, or a similar size Saab (Business jet size) and in my opinion, instead of buying an expensive system that goes on a passenger-size jet buy a couple or more of the smaller system, it'll cover the same area and offer redundancy in case any of those systems is taken out vs one big one thats going to be like a sitting duck, on the principle of not putting all your eggs in the same basket, especially that Egypt is not like the USA, Russia, India or China, we are broke! lol
And what small Russian AESA you mean? The smallest one I know of is the Zhuk-AE made by Phazotron, and the Irbis-E but its a bigger one, is there any other ones?
And as far as why they picked the Mig-29 M\M2, I think it is still the same mentality that the EAF adopted since after 1967, dependency on layered air-defense systems before the combat-jet and if any enemy aircrafts break through that then smaller point-defense interceptors will finish them off! A more defensive approach than a more aggressive one! That has to change in my humble opinion. But even that won't answer the question why not go for an AESA equipped Mig-29 variant!! That one I really don't have a definitive answer for!
And yes the threat from Ethiopia is very real and very serious!!! The problem if that dam is built is not only going to make the Ethiopians get us by the balls, and not only we can't hit it after its completed and the reservoir lake behind it is full as doing so will cause a catastrophic flood surge that will devastate all of Sudan and can seriously compromise our own High-Dam in Aswan south of Egypt causing it to collapse and flood Egypt with even more water, if that dam is built believe it or not Egypt won't only be completely helpless to touch it, we will actually have to protect it as it will be a of strategic importance to us!!! It has to be protected or else an enemy can go hit us down there where it'll be much easier!!! It is a nightmare!! Has to be stopped no matter what the coast is!!! And from what I see now a days in Egypt I think they are seriously gearing-up to do something, I mean they are gonna have to no matter what!!!! And Yes, the Israelis do have a big hand in that project, they know what effect it will have on Egypt and how vulnerable it will make us, so yea, its been their plan for a long time, and Ethiopia tried twice before to get it done but couldn't due to pressure from Egypt but they took advantage of the situation with the Arab spring all over the Middle East and Egypt simply being too busy with internal conflict and got it off the ground! Can't blame' em though!
And thank you for your words, and thank you for the intelligent conversation, you do know your shit obviously and its hard to find knowledgeable people like you :)

I agree with you on the Swedish system if it is possible to have it, if not then all the other options should be explored, even reverse engineering it or another system one way or the other. It is not like Egypt is foreign to science or lacks high caliber scientists, it is the first country in the middle east to have worked on long range rockets and missiles. Today that it is in a dire and life threatening situation because of the Ethiopian Dam building and other conspiracies, it should bring forth all its scientific capacities to face this threat, the Egyptian genius and imagination are engraved in the solid rocks of history, having been the most scientifically sophisticated civilization that has ever existed on this earth, it is time again to bring up that genius.

For the small AESA radars you can look up the SELEX that can even fit the F-5 of Switzerland, and there is a Russian tiny one also, you can find its picture and the name of the manufacturing company in one of my posts about the Qaher-313.

I'm talking abt the label thingy .. On the forum .. The professionals have it on their profile..

oooooh lol good one bro ;)

I agree with you on the Swedish system if it is possible to have it, if not then all the other options should be explored, even reverse engineering it or another system one way or the other. It is not like Egypt is foreign to science or lacks high caliber scientists, it is the first country in the middle east to have worked on long range rockets and missiles. Today that it is in a dire and life threatening situation because of the Ethiopian Dam building and other conspiracies, it should bring forth all its scientific capacities to face this threat, the Egyptian genius and imagination are engraved in the solid rocks of history, having been the most scientifically sophisticated civilization that has ever existed on this earth, it is time again to bring up that genius.

For the small AESA radars you can look up the SELEX that can even fit the F-5 of Switzerland, and there is a Russian tiny one also, you can find its picture and the name of the manufacturing company in one of my posts about the Qaher-313.

Thanks I'll check it out definitely
oh, here is a quick review I wrote on the F-313 Qaher, hope you like it

oooooh lol good one bro ;)

Thanks I'll check it out definitely
oh, here is a quick review I wrote on the F-313 Qaher, hope you like it
Oh, it's the Captor-E on the Eurofighter lol I know that one for sure. The Zhuk-AE is a better AESA though

Attachments

• F-313 Qaher Review.pdf
    229.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom