What's new

Drone attacks cannot be stopped, says Rehman Malik

Dont be so naive. There is a much bigger game being played in tribal areas than "terrorists" "extremists".

The U.S. drone attack in March killed all civilians.

How would you feel if a foreign country attacked your village or town in Pakistan and killed all your relatives.

This is for sure the great game is being played in FATA.
As far i know NATO is building a resentment of revolt against Pak army.
They plan to arm and aid locals willing to fight against Pak army.
Otherwise there is no explanation of trillions of dollars TTP spend to carry out its operations in the whole country.
To transfer a drugged kid to target needs lot of inside support. It's not like the terrorists are being air dropped on to the target.

some rewind on Mr. Malik.

Rehman Malik had told then US Ambassador Anne Patterson that it was not chief of army staff Gen Ashfaq Kayani but ISI chief Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha who was hatching conspiracies against President Asif Ali Zardari

Dont be so naive. There is a much bigger game being played in tribal areas than "terrorists" "extremists".

The U.S. drone attack in March killed all civilians.

How would you feel if a foreign country attacked your village or town in Pakistan and killed all your relatives.

Let me ask you, how would you feel if someone close to you lost his life in a suicide bomb attack staged by an insane scum originating from this area? Tell me one positive that we will gain from letting these terrorists take over our country? Ask the people of Malakand and Swat how relieved they are after getting rid of the terrorists who threatened them in the name of Islam.
Like i said before, there will be civilian causalities in a war and to minimize that army should ask for more Intel and prior notification from CIA regarding the drone attacks.

Another one of Malik's ridiculous statements..Just confirms why he shouldn't be taken seriously. I wonder why none of the journos present counter-questioned him about the claims made by the PAF Chief.

This is what Mr Rao Qamar Suleman said in 2009:

Islamabad, Fri, 29 May 2009

Islamabad, May 29: Pakistan has said that it is capable of shooting down US Predator aircrafts operating inside its geographical territory, but fears that such a step could ignite a war between both the countries.

Talking to media persons on the sidelines of the passing out parade at the Risalpur Air Force Academy, Pakistan Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman said PAF is capable or shooting down US drones, but the final decision in this regard rests with the government and Parliament.

"We had shot down a US spy plane near Kasur in 2002," Suleman said.

You have no idea. Blame your army for this. They are complicit in drone attacks. Otherwise, even the tiniest of armies could have shot down these drones. They are either partners with US or just too scared of them.

I think YOU have no idea.

Drones were allowed by Gen Musharraf; and Musharraf and Co were controlling it well enough to make sure enemies of Pakistan are targeted.

While those who were not hostile to Pakistan were no problem.

However since the political government, the management has fallen to pieces and now Americans have cut loose.

Drone attacks can be stopped - the US may get pissed off by there will not be a complete break off of relations merely over drones strikes that are doing almost nothing to tangibly destroy the Taliban or AQ. The drones are primarily taking out low level members, cannon fodder in any case, who are easily replaced by the targeted groups.

The drones have had very limited success against high value targets, especially HVT's for the US, so I do not see the argument that they are a significant check on 'terrorism' as valid. In any case, Pakistan is not arguing that the drones be taken out of the theater completely, but that control of drones operating over Pakistani territory be given to Pakistan. Pakistan's position is completely legitimate and rational, and has no valid counter-argument.

lol drones are gliders with avionics , and missiles if we can't stop these gliders then we got a problem

Let him declares , he can't stop the chappal that general public will throw at his head ... yeah that would be unstoppable

Not related but an interesting news..

Nato supplies to be blocked during PTI sit-in | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Maybe somebody can start a thread on this one..

Looks like catching the fever of transit fees being demanded by Bengalis from Indians.

As we know in past Indian goods were being smuggled in Pakistan under the guise of NATO supplies.

I guess such protest would pressure govt. to impose import duties on Indian goods and save local industry.

Undoubtedly, calling for blocking duty free Indiana goods is a call of war, we have to sit back and see what threads India will pull in reply.

Your off topic post is an attempt to save face of your key tool in Pakistan.

Sometimes I don't know whether he really understands what he has been told to say.
By saying that they can't be stopped he makes us look weak. If someone knows that they are unworthy of holding an office then they should just resign instead of being a heavy burden on the people.

I think YOU have no idea.

Drones were allowed by Gen Musharraf; and Musharraf and Co were controlling it well enough to make sure enemies of Pakistan are targeted.

While those who were not hostile to Pakistan were no problem.

However since the political government, the management has fallen to pieces and now Americans have cut loose.

Defence and foreign policy is controlled by your army not the political government. That's why Kiyani and Shuja Pasha went rushing to US to do something about drone attacks.

Pakistani Army let the camel enter in the camp and now camel is in and they are out. A good move by the GOP to bypass the Army (who take power away from them) and let US take all the control.
By giving extensions on the top of the Army to keep them in control was a good move too.

How GOP ignored ISI request to get clearance from them before giving Visa to US by Pakistani Embassy in US , shows they want Army control taken away in WOT.

Defence and foreign policy is controlled by your army not the political government. That's why Kiyani and Shuja Pasha went rushing to US to do something about drone attacks.

AS I have requested below, due to your lack of knowledge you shall refrain from posting silly comments.
It would be better if you just ask a question, or request information.

Now for all of you who think that Army controls the foreign policy and blah blah, to an extent that is correct.
Army does tend to (successfully) turn the foreign policy in one way or another.
The politicians ( Feudal group) control the lands and own the people.
Every time Army has tried to put things straight a little too much, the feudal group has threatened to go anti Pakistan.
This is the reason we see the disconnect between the establishment and the political clowns.

Thus, it would be sensible to deduce that although army does influence the foreign policy in national interest, however it is not the sole proprietor of it.

AS I have requested below, due to your lack of knowledge you shall refrain from posting silly comments.
It would be better if you just ask a question, or request information.

Now for all of you who think that Army controls the foreign policy and blah blah, to an extent that is correct.
Army does tend to (successfully) turn the foreign policy in one way or another.
The politicians ( Feudal group) control the lands and own the people.
Every time Army has tried to put things straight a little too much, the feudal group has threatened to go anti Pakistan.
This is the reason we see the disconnect between the establishment and the political clowns.

Thus, it would be sensible to deduce that although army does influence the foreign policy in national interest, however it is not the sole proprietor of it.

:disagree: the points u have mentioned are valid for a stable politically controlled nation not for Pakistan... Situation is not such that ur civillian govt is in total control

Its nothing short of shocking to see a thread on a statement of a guy who claims to be muslim yet cannot even recite Sura-e- Ikhlaas. Trust me fellows, as a Zardari clan member, he only has a two point agenda. Collect corruption money and run abroad.

Back
Top Bottom